• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh my God! Rome will be so much better now with all these new provinces. I'll actually restart playing Rome if this gets released Descartes. You're a genius! :)

I shall now 'purr' in delight good sir, purr in delight!
Imperium advancing nicely, a new patch coming out... aaah good times for EU:R fans.
I'm also quite curious how Greece will turn out. Anyway good luck and keep up the marvelous work. You are currently basically the nr1 EU:R modder!
Playing the might of Rome will be quite fun with a larger Italy to work with.
All bow to the Mod Imperator!

wonder how the post Alexander wars between his generals would have been if he had taken Italy and the rest of the world in that general direction?
Anyway nice map, cant wait too be able to play it
btw september/october is soon gonna be rated in my head as my favorite months!

Last edited:
Corsica and Sardinia in 621 AUC. The native Sardinians (so called Sardi pelliti) successfully defended the interior of Sardinia until 627, when they were finally subdued by M C Metellus.
2009-09-07-1.jpg

Nice work !
You should give the Sards a bonus in combat for fighting in the highlands.

I'm looking forward to your Imperium 1.2 mod !

Yes, nice work.

That looks like a pretty uncomfortable position to be in. Maybe they need a new building to help them survive, only available to tribes which limits their civilisation increase - Hilltop Forts.

Are you going to include a terrain map or some other map useful to the player ?

Yep, the Sardi will get a defense bonus. In fact, all tribes defending mountainous regions should have a defense bonus. I was thinking of a decision called Defend mountain pass, which would decrease manpower but increase attrition for foreign units and give a local defense bonus. This decision would only be available for small tribes with a core in a mountainous region. The Allobroges, for example, are known to have used this tactic when Hannibal crossed the Alps.

Talking about the Allobroges, I have another pic for you. This time it's Northern Italy in 601 AUC. I haven't added all the tribes yet, but the map positions are more or less finished.

The outer border of the map is lined with large provinces, such as Allobroges, Helvetii and Taurisci. Note that they're named after tribes (as in vanilla), instead of cities. They will be pretty hard to reach (high transport cost) and hard to control for all nations except the native tribe. I hope this will give the player a feeling that there's something more, beyond these provinces, only that it can't be reached for the time being. I'll use the colour map to fade the outer borders of these provinces to black.

2009-09-08-1.jpg

Be careful not to overdo it. Rome eventually did conquer the Mediterranean AND Gaul. If it gets too difficult and unrewarding Gaul will simply be ignored entirely.
Gaul isn't even on the map, so it's supposed to be ignored. :p

Gaul was more or less ignored until Caesar appeared, which is close to the end of the timeframe.
Exactly. That's why it's not part of the map. :D

I fought hard against the evil engine today. Many an hour had been killed when I eventually stood victorious, with a new world map at my feet.
2009-09-08-2.jpg

Initially, I was not aware of the tricks the Positions File played on me. The reason I could not move the old provinces around was not that I forgot pixels in the province map, but that position entries referred to locations in the PTI.

I should have known it was the Positions File all along. When I discovered his treachery, I banished all unwanted position entries to an island called Paradoxia.
2009-09-08-3.jpg

Greece has also been added.
2009-09-08-4.jpg

Nice one!

As for the positions.txt, if it causes crashes you can always leave it completely empty and the game will make up coordinates during startup (takes some extra time but doesn't cause crashes). This is how I've done it, didn't know it was due to PTI-positions - hope you put it into the guide.