+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Log

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Lightbulb Map Log

MAP LOG
    I thought it might be interesting for you to follow the development of the new map, so I'm starting up a map log. I'll post screenshots now and then. First off is one showing the provinces of Italy, squeezed into the Northern part of the vanilla map. Please ignore the Caucasian provinces sneaking up to the right.

As you can see, I have some work left to do with city and text positions, but the borders are more or less finished. Oh and I might as well give you the full province list for Italy. Feel free to comment!

Code:
    1: Lilybaeum
    2: Panormus
    3: Agrigentum
    4: Henna
    5: Gela
    6: Melita
    7: Syracusae
    8: Catana
    9: Messana
    10: Rhegium
    11: Locri
    12: Crotona
    13: Consentia
    14: Thurii
    15: Heraclea
    16: Tarentum
    17: Brundusium
    18: Barium
    19: Potentia
    20: Paestum
    21: Canusium
    22: Beneventum
    23: Cumae
    24: Capua
    25: Bovianum
    26: Luceria
    27: Larinum
    28: Corfinium
    29: Fregellae
    30: Roma
    31: Veii
    32: Reate
    33: Hadria
    34: Firmum
    35: Spoletium
    36: Volsinii
    37: Tarquinii
    38: Populonium
    39: Arretium
    40: Sena
    41: Ariminum
    42: Faesulae
    43: Volaterrae
    44: Pisae
    45: Genua
    46: Placentia
    47: Parma
    48: Mutina
    49: Bononia
    50: Patavium
    51: Altinum
    52: Aquileia
    53: Pola
    54: Taurisci
    55: Helvetii
    56: Verona
    57: Brixia
    58: Mediolanum
    59: Dertona
    60: Hasta
    61: Allobroges
    62: Albingaunum
    63: Mariana
    64: Aleria
    65: Turris
    66: Olbia
    67: Macopsissa
    68: Tharros
    69: Sulcis
    70: Caralis
    Last edited by Descartes; 09-09-2009 at 00:15.
    Previously worked on Imperium, a mod for Rome: Vae Victis.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow... just wow. Looks very nice, all those provinces will be great. Will your new map be correct, correct as in Sicily's position not being southeast of Carthage and the Caspian Sea not being that far east and so on? Also, how will you get the topology and terrain done? The colormap_hires.bmp file sure looks like a bugger to edit and afaik topology isn't easy to get hold of either.

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I'm trying to make it as correct as possible. The projection looks something like this, but I'm using far more detailed maps for the coast lines. I don't find topology that hard, it's just playing around with the grey scale. The colour map is a real bugger though, it will take lots of time before I get it working properly. I prefer the political mode.

Looks excellent, the province detail level his huge. Sicily will be a battleground.

Thanks. The First Punic War was all about Sicily, so I guess this level of detail is needed to make any sense of the conflict.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks good! Have you considered rotating the map-projection so that you get less of Russia and more of the Middle East?
    This is not a signature

No I haven't, but remember my map won't cover neither Russia nor the Middle East. The focus is the Mediterranean region. Still, I will probably make it less spherical when I get down to the details.

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

Moar!

The Shadow of Man 406 - 1095 - Rules

Contribute to 'Concert of Europe', an 1815 mod for Victoria 2

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    That is fantastic, looking really good Descartes!

Though I'd also echo perhaps extending the map east a little
    'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

The border has to be set somewhere you know.

Here's a closer look at Sicily in 1 AUC. The island is divided between the Elymi (to the left), the Sicani (middle), the Siculi (right). Zancle has also appeared in the North-East. Note that I've edited the topology.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Yes, you are doing a good and pertinent division of Sicily.
    Le satanique ennemi de la véritable histoire : la manie du jugement. (Marc Bloch)
    Rome Improved Map Project for EU: Rome

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    The border has to be set somewhere you know.
    That is what you have the Indus for

Hehe I guess. I'm not ruling out an expansion to the Middle East in the very far future, but I won't do it right now.

Cities in MotionDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

1 AVC and you're already getting a peace offer?

Looks very nice!

Seems like the little map on the right needs some working on, it's way off!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Des, that map looks absolutely stunning!

Dead sexy, can't wait to give it a try.
    EU: Rome, the way it should have been.
    Europa Imperialis Map Mod v0.1d

Thanks, Cheex.
    Here's a pic showing Sicily in 411 AUC. Btw, Marcus, I made a quick minimap.

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

I can't wait for the first Agrigento AAR, 'You've Got Crabs'.

The Shadow of Man 406 - 1095 - Rules

Contribute to 'Concert of Europe', an 1815 mod for Victoria 2

Nice work Descartes. I can see an opportunity for you to use the 3D modeller guy there, creating some unique unit cultural models, or even differentiate the greek shields a bit, that would be nice.

According to my notes, roughly:
    - the Corinthians colonsied the southeastern part
    - Rhodes and Crete colonised Gela which then colonised Agrigento; Rhodes also colonised the Lipari island to the north.
    - Euboea the northeastern part
    - Megara also had a colony to the north of Syracuse but I think it got eliminated and another in the east in Carthaginian territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Uhtred View Post
    I can't wait for the first Agrigento AAR, 'You've Got Crabs'.
    Sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardradi View Post
    Nice work Descartes. I can see an opportunity for you to use the 3D modeller guy there, creating some unique unit cultural models, or even differentiate the greek shields a bit, that would be nice.

According to my notes, roughly:
    - the Corinthians colonsied the southeastern part
    - Rhodes and Crete colonised Gela which then colonised Agrigento; Rhodes also colonised the Lipari island to the north.
    - Euboea the northeastern part
    - Megara also had a colony to the north of Syracuse but I think it got eliminated and another in the east in Carthaginian territory.
    Yeah I'd love to see more varied graphics. I might be able to do a little myself, but if a real 3D modeller shows up, that would be great. Megara's colony was called Megara Hyblaea BTW, and I didn't think it was important enough to be on the map.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast