• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
cant switch games EIC to different cpu

i bought EIC a few months ago and installed it on my laptop until i got my pc. i activated and registered it on my laptop and now i cant play it on my pc. i uninstalled it from my laptop with the disk and tried to install it on my pc but it keeps saying SERIAL NUMBER ALREADY REGISTERED. HOW DO I PUT GAME ON MY PC.

i bought EIC a few months ago and installed it on my laptop until i got my pc. i activated and registered it on my laptop and now i cant play it on my pc. i uninstalled it from my laptop with the disk and tried to install it on my pc but it keeps saying SERIAL NUMBER ALREADY REGISTERED. HOW DO I PUT GAME ON MY PC.

You can have the game on both computers at the same time. You'll need to activate with the same email address you used when you activated the game for the first time.

If that didn't help you should contact Stardock support at: http://www.stardock.com/support/

Hi there.

I bought the product yesterday from my local branch of GAME in the UK and proceeded to install. I too am getting the error stating "There was a problem activating East India Company" after inputting an email and serial number both at the start and end of installation.

I noticed nearly every reply on this thread refers everyone to the first post which surely isn't correct for me as how can I mistype an email when I never typed an email originally? Is this for users who downloaded the game, not for boxed users?

It just seems very strange that the first error I get refers to my email address not being linked to my activation code. How would it if I bought the game in store and not via downloading/email?

Well, well. After getting increasingly annoyed over the course of today I decided to take the step of returning the item to my branch of GAME in the hope I could get a refund.

After explaining the situation, it turns out I cannot have one as it isn't their issue which is fair enough and I can accept that.

So what happens now then? Should I send a support ticket and expect to wait several more days for any sort of answer?

Reading the forums today, it seems that this is undoubtedly a fantastic game but due to a rather unhelpful manual and an installation method which seems to assume I have downloaded the program I have no way of playing it.

Answers on a postcard..............

Hi Darandio,
sorry to hear about your problems. The installer DOES ask an e-mail and the activation key and it DOES combine these two together. If it doesn't ask your e-mail, then it's probably not our installer...
Anyway, if you got through the installation fine, then it did ask your e-mail or you weren't connected to the internet (in which case it asks the e-mail and key again when starting the game).
You should try to install the latest patch. If your installation is registered correctly but the game just doesn't launch for some reason, then it should install the patch and it could really help you. You can find the patch here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450463

Please let us know if you still have problems.

Hi there.

It is indeed your installer as it does ask for the email and the code printed on the back of my manual.

It asked for my email and code at the start of installation but deemed it as being wrong, at least on the email side anyway and produced a log file which I now cannot find (it has 3 attempts on it!)

It then let me install the game, stating that I could then complete the activation at the end which it duly did. However, after entering the email and code it still says the same. What I cannot understand is how can it match my email to anywhere as I have never entered it anywhere else in relation to the game.

Therefore, the game still isn't activated and I wouldnt think a patch will be any good at the moment because the game just doesn't work as it isn't activated.

Now, am I missing something here, should I have registered somewhere first so the program would recognise my email when trying to activate? If so, it does not say this anywhere in the packaging or on installation so that is why I am lost as to what to do next.

In reference to my connection, permanently on.

Hi,
there's several possible reasons to your problem and you can find it most easily by trying to register the game in the installer (since it gives the most error information).
1) "Serial number was already registered" -> some other e-mail is registered already to your key
2) "Invalid registration" -> your key is invalid
3) No error at all in the installation (installs fine) -> internet connection could not be used

The best way to get a solution is to contact Stardock support and give them the information that you get with that installer-test.
http://www.stardock.com/support/

Hopefully you get it up and running!

I hope so too! Looking at your points:-

1, It was brand new and sealed so should not be an issue.
2, Again, should not be a problem, its printed in black and white on the manual!
3, It does install fine but wont run due to the activation issue.

I currently have a support ticket with Stardock, I suppose I can only wait and see.

Well, I did get a reply from Stardock support finally to request which serial number I was trying to activate the game with. Unfortunately, that request came at nearly 5pm on Friday which means that I cannot expect a reply until the open of business tomorrow at the earliest meaning I will have had the game for a week without being able to use it.

Patience is wearing a bit thin and I imagine this will be my first and last product from Paradox.

tried the patch thing, doesnt let you install the patch because the game is not activated.

i would just like to know why the game was made so that if you bought it from a store you couldnt play it. its a stupid idea if you ask me, someone made a mistake somewhere along the line and it annoys me that after a few years no one has bothered too fix it.

tried the patch thing, doesnt let you install the patch because the game is not activated.

i would just like to know why the game was made so that if you bought it from a store you couldnt play it. its a stupid idea if you ask me, someone made a mistake somewhere along the line and it annoys me that after a few years no one has bothered too fix it.

It is not supposed to be unplayable out of the box, obviously. There are a few people who run in to these kind of issues. It is very unfortunate though. Please contact stardock and they should be able to help you.

(A few years? The game was released some months ago, not years.)

Hello all,

after 2 emails in Paradox Interactive Support the not been answered I decided to post here for help.I have bought the game 5 days ago from a store.It was sealed and new.I seem to have the same activation problem that others here in this forum have, but although I have read the posts carefully I cannot understand what to do since there are no instructions for this.When I try to activate the game,after the installation, I get a message writing that httpsend failed and there is a parsing error 1.I first tried to activate it before installation and it sent the same message that urged me to install it and that after the installation it would ask me again to activate it.I have to say that I am completely sure that I have entered my email and the activation code correctly from the very first time.
I am waiting for help cause I really dont know what to do next.

Just a reminder that the email address is case sensitive.

My error at install reads like this

Unable to execute file

c:\program files(x86)\paradox interatcive\east indai company\east indiaexe.

Create process failed:code 14001

This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration file is incorrect

having similar issue, i registered online, registered the game as well in the game link on paradox and still having issue, current solution is not working

Hi! Since there are many different issues discussed in this thread why don't you tell us more about the problem you're having so we could help you better.

Alright folks at paradox. Time to stop being defensive about your activation gig. After reading through three pages of "it's your fault not ours" stuff. I'm having the same issues. The ONLY thing I'm thinking it could possibly be is maybe a firewall issue, even though I'm not getting any blockage messages from my firewall. But I get the same error message from the game when I first start out.

Now, I don't know if you know how this actually works, so I'll walk you through it.

You follow instructions and let the autorun do its thing.

You agree to the EULA or whatever it is you're agreeing to.

Then a window pops up asking you to enter your email and activation code.

At that point, it seems the software tries to run that information through the internet resulting in a loooooooooooong error message

Application start: 2010-6-4 15.45.1

Silent mode

Mode 1, short info

Submitting activation request...

Download: failed HttpSendRequest

Result parsing error (1)

Error activating the product

Please ensure the serial number entered is associated with the email you used. Try to activate the product again. If using Impulse you can right-click on the product and re-activate. Include this log file if contacting support.

Thusly.

Now I think this is where the problem is? Is it not getting through because of my firewall? I entered the same email address EVERY time I've tried. I registered the game and that email address here thinking that THAT was the problem with still no joy. I did find that the very first time I got 0's and O's mixed up, so maybe that's the problem? But even so, I'd like to see some real answers here instead of "call stardock" because it seems that stardock does very little to actually solve your problems.

I'll answer them backwards.

I bought the game new.

That tech mess is the first thing that shows up. That initial dialogue box shows up right when I indicated, after accepting the EULA. When I get the error message (which shows up in a notepad application) After closing up the notepad mess there is a popup which says

There was an error during the registration
You will be prompted to re-register when starting the game
(okay) which you click on and it goes ahead and does the normal installation where you choose between easy installation and expert installation (the only different between the two is in expert you can pick the file destination)

After it finishes installing, which by the way takes the same amount of time as the demo to install, it asks for the registration activation email blah blah blah. Then you get just an error message saying that you can't start the game without activating the program. you click ok and then it lets you try again, and if you enter it in wrong you get the same message, enter it in balls-on same message.

Then you uninstall the program, heat up some pizza and complain on a forum :)