• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shelfware

I really, really hate "Trial ware", test our product and tell us what you think while we get the bugs worked out.

Just uninstalled East India for the third time, tried that many times to get it to operate properly. I'm done with the patches, done with the "Runtime Error!" - unless Paradox fixes this pile of tripe, I doubt I'd recommend anyone purchasing this title, or any other title. It reeks so badly I'm ashamed to even sell it on Ebay.

If only "Walmart" had a software return policy...

No, I won't give you the chance to tell me, "Hey, try this".. or, "It must be your system" (I build systems for a living and computer operation is my work).. "Oh, upgrade your drivers, this.. or that"..

Y'know, when you pay this kind of money for something, there shouldn't be an "Explaination" necessary for the crashes and "Runtime Errors".. Oh, and it's all my fault that YOUR software runs on everyone elses computer but mine.

Tripeware!.. shelfware!.. excuseware!.. a total waste of time, money, and effort!
I'd rather play board monopoly that fiddle with paradox..

Hmmm

It seems to me that most of you, especially you who bought the game in a store, have been unlucky to buy a game that some others have copied the keys from. Either another customer or an unfaithful storeemployee.

can't activate

just got eac with pirate bay as a gift, tried to install and when i go to register it online it gives me a box with the msg "there was a problem activating east india company writing of licence failed" and with a box to click ok, which i do, then the same box to register the game comes up again, and, i'm stuck there, can't play or do anything, any help?

thanks

brunopedro@hotmail.co.uk

just got eac with pirate bay as a gift, tried to install and when i go to register it online it gives me a box with the msg "there was a problem activating east india company writing of licence failed" and with a box to click ok, which i do, then the same box to register the game comes up again, and, i'm stuck there, can't play or do anything, any help?

thanks

brunopedro@hotmail.co.uk

You should contact stardock. Read the first post in this thread.

Activation error message possible solution

I too recieved that error message below while trying to install and activate the game so it would load properly. After many repeated explorations in the activation code, because it contained zeros and "O's", i found that being online and registered with Paradox forum site enabled the loading of the activation code and email. Cannot verify email unless it is attached to paradox is my estimation as to why everyone is having trouble getting the game to activate so you can play it. This is pure theory, but it gets you to the forums to complain or find support. I purchased mine from Big Buy and they too do not take back purchased games. I am tenacious at getting games to work, so repeated installs and keeping to the same routine emails, and code finally paid off. The key phrase there is the same email and activation code from the very first one that appears on the screen. It appears again, when you go to start the game for the first time to activate it. Any changes and the game will give you error messages.

Good luck gamers.

I bought this game in on of the stores in Thailand and can not activate it what do I do??

Application start: 2009-11-11 8.50.7

Silent mode

Mode 1, short info

Submitting activation request...

Download: failed HttpSendRequest

Result parsing error (1)

Error activating the product

Please ensure the serial number entered is associated with the email you used. Try to activate the product again. If using Impulse you can right-click on the product and re-activate. Include this log file if contacting support.

Application start: 2009-11-11 9.19.12

Silent mode

Mode 1, short info

Result parsing error (1)

Please ensure the serial number entered is associated with the email you used. Try to activate the product again. If using Impulse you can right-click on the product and re-activate. Include this log file if contacting support.

Application start: 2009-11-11 9.21.44

Silent mode

Mode 1, short info

Result parsing error (1)

Application start: 2009-11-11 9.34.4

Silent mode

Mode 1, short info

Result parsing error (1)

Application start: 2009-11-11 9.46.33

Silent mode

Mode 1, short info

Result parsing error (1)

Activation Problem

All, have been reading these threads and it doesn't seem to solve my problem. We bought the game in store (nothing to do with Stardock) and are trying to run it on a PC not connected to the Internet. I am unable to activate it, keep getting message saying "There was a problem activating East India Company" after I've typed in e-mail address (not sure what use that is as they knew nothing about me) and correct activation code from back of box.

Can anyone tell me who I can speak to about this as our son is not pleased and nor am I.

Many thanks

Activation problems

Just got EIC as a gift, installed and registered it online. The first time i tried to play it, it didn't work. I unistalled it and tried again. This time it gives me a box with the msg "there was a problem with product activation: serial number already registered", i'm certain that i wrote the correct email adress, and now i'm stuck there, can't play or do anything else, any help?

Thanks.

All, have been reading these threads and it doesn't seem to solve my problem. We bought the game in store (nothing to do with Stardock) and are trying to run it on a PC not connected to the Internet. I am unable to activate it, keep getting message saying "There was a problem activating East India Company" after I've typed in e-mail address (not sure what use that is as they knew nothing about me) and correct activation code from back of box.

Unfortunately the Internet connection is required to activate the game.

Just got EIC as a gift, installed and registered it online. The first time i tried to play it, it didn't work. I unistalled it and tried again. This time it gives me a box with the msg "there was a problem with product activation: serial number already registered", i'm certain that i wrote the correct email adress, and now i'm stuck there, can't play or do anything else, any help?

You need to activate using exactly the same email address that was used when the game was activated for the first time. If that doesn't work you may have mistyped the email address at the first time. In that case you should contact Stardock support. See the first post in this thread.

i think i made the mistake of buying this second hand.
it came with the manual, so i entered the key.
i entered my email address.

all it says is that there was a problem activating the product.
no other error message.

any ideas?
i've registered on stardock etc, and obviously when it sends me my 'serials', this game isn't on there.

whenever i try an install eic it say serial number alreadyu registered. what can i do to rectify this?

If you have previously installed the game you'll need to use the same email address you used when you activated the game for the first time.

If that didn't help you should contact Stardock support at: http://www.stardock.com/support/

i think i made the mistake of buying this second hand.
it came with the manual, so i entered the key.
i entered my email address.

all it says is that there was a problem activating the product.

The original buyer has paired the key with his email address so you'll have to use his email address to activate the game.

Hello,

Please add me to the list of idiots who can't type my e-mail correctly. Common sense would dictate that if an e-mail was to be used to register a £35 game on CD it would need verification (like when activating a free forum account), but obviously I am merely a client. I've paid up my money and I am no longer a priority.

I *think* I typed my e-mail in wrong in the initial setup/activation code screen. I couldn't go back and re-enter it.

My solution was to think 'oh crap..' and then it occurred to me that I could exit Setup and re-start (no installation had taken place).
'Are you sure you want to exit Setup? Setup can be completed at a later time'

Obviously it could not be completed at a later time. I had incorrectly (or correctly) entered my serial number and e-mail, and therefore on re-attempting, my serial number was invalid.

Now, aside from my irritation that the system for registering this game has obvious, glaring flaws, I have been waiting four days to hear from Starforce (or whoever does the Activations). As an aside they wouldn't let me check the status of my claim because the account I had with them wasn't registered (despite logging in previously with it on a different part of their site).

Obviously I shouldn't have made the error in the first place. I'm sure why not to make an error is very clearly mentioned in the License Agreement (that I am so prominently told on the back of the box I must accept). I understand that I am 100% at fault. Idiot.

With that statement in mind I won't charge you the 3hrs of my time I spent this morning making silly accounts and trying to re-enter my code. If i'd gone to work instead I could have just bought another copy of the game! (Maybe that is the plan..)

Thanks for any help offered. Please understand why I am slightly peeved.

Mike

My game won't start

Bought my game sealed in shrink wrap at Wal Mart. Successful Installation.

After waiting through the opening video:

"East India Company has encountered a problem and has to close."

I have tried to start this game many times.

I have registered my copy of the game.

I have been to stardoc, no help there.

I'd like a game that works or my money back. :confused:

brand new

just bought this game brand new entered the code and says there is a problem activating EiC i did not enter the wrong email because this is the first time entering an email stardock has been no help after a week i still have no sort of response and i am entering everything correct so i don't want one of your generic your messing something up response

This is the last time I buy anything from paradox. Overall I must have spent a good three hours chasing around to register this (including unanswered mails to stardock) and still no joy.

On the plus side, I can recommend Amazon's return policy.

It's quick and easy, and it means that paradox won't be able to keep your money after wasting so much of your time.