• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i think victoria would be funnier if you could start since the begining of industrial revolution.
also i miss a paradox game including the independence of spanish america.

Have any Paradox games included the independence of Spanish America?

I think if the conditions are right a spanish america might be a good outcome ( perhaps in the case mexico beats the united states) as a trigger or optional event for mexico to convert itself into spanish america perhaps

I think if the conditions are right a spanish america might be a good outcome ( perhaps in the case mexico beats the united states) as a trigger or optional event for mexico to convert itself into spanish america perhaps

i'm sorry, i think i misleaded the conversation with the term. what i meant with spanish america is just a geographical concept including all parts of the subcontinents that have been part of spain; i didn't mean that spanish america should be made a possible what-if country.
anyhow, that huge country is the federation that simon bolivar had in mind so it could be a nice option for the game. still, it should be properly simulated and, being covered by the last years of EU3 it doesn't seem good enough to me. paradox could make of it an exciting feature for a game as well as an original one (afaik no game deals with it).

I'd prefer Victoria not to include the period 1815-1835. Who doesn't love to recover Latin America playing as Carlist Spain? Bad luck, Bolívar :D

I'd prefer Victoria not to include the period 1815-1835. Who doesn't love to recover Latin America playing as Carlist Spain? Bad luck, Bolívar :D

bah, these imperialist spaniards spoil the spirit of the game :p
you need to look at it this way. it's not about the independence from spain but a rebellion against fernando vii :D

I dont mean to sound rude but why the hell would you want an in-depth strategy game to be funny?

i never do anything if there is no fun at all :D do you? :p
it's game, mate! :)

but also quite agree with you, the more in-depth the more i'll enjoy it.

i never do anything if there is no fun at all :D do you? :p
it's game, mate! :)

but also quite agree with you, the more in-depth the more i'll enjoy it.

To native English speakers, 'funny' means something to laugh about, not just something you enjoy doing... your English is a lot better than my Spanish, so I'm not having a go at you, but you might want to bear that in mind

To native English speakers, 'funny' means something to laugh about, not just something you enjoy doing... your English is a lot better than my Spanish, so I'm not having a go at you, but you might want to bear that in mind

Yes. "More fun" is a good replacement for "funnier". Have no idea why, since they mean the same, but in a sentence can have a totally different meaning.

yup, sorry :eek:o
the most embarrasing thing is that i lived 6 years abroad 2 of them in england. languages :confused: a life to learn them properly, a week to forget :D

Yes. "More fun" is a good replacement for "funnier". Have no idea why, since they mean the same, but in a sentence can have a totally different meaning.
I believe they don't mean the same. "More fun" is "funner", not "funnier". Even if using "funner" makes one sound like an idiot.

Noooooooooooooo !

Starting from 1835 ?! :eek: Recreating Poland with the small Krakow ??? Not again... Why not start in 1820 ? With Congress Poland still being satellite of Russia ? You would get some extra Polish customers this way, you know ;)

They'll just have to wait for the XP

Don't post things like that first. Let's go through the plan of action here

1) Make Victoria II
2) ????
3) Profit

Ok that's a joke, seriously

1) We make Victoria II
2) Let's just see how well it does
3) Then depending on demand we may choose to make an expansion pack.

Don't post things like that first. Let's go through the plan of action here

1) Make Victoria II
2) ????
3) Profit

Ok that's a joke, seriously

1) We make Victoria II
2) Let's just see how well it does
3) Then depending on demand we may choose to make an expansion pack.

:) But you have to admit (although I know you won't here because of the repercussions), that little gap would be mighty tempting should an XP ever get made...

King, was the possibility of the continuity of playing an EU3>Vicky2>Hoi3 a factor in vicky 2 getting the go ahead, out of a matter of interest?