• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS! Awesome proposal Palisadoes. This is definetly another thing that needs to change for Victoria 2. The single World Market was just unrealistic. Likewise, it would also be needed to be accompanied by a "Supply Route", as the Product flow (e.g. Imports and Exports from one market unto another) was not done out of teleportation. This would definetly allow to make blockades which, considering the economic approach of Victoria, would be considerably more significant than blockades of EU3 (Which if I'm not mistaken, translate only into a peace percentage advantage?), and could very well cripple a country's industry as it happen in World War 1 with Germany, for instance.

I would also introduce the ability to embargo specific countries (Divided by Full Embargo - No selling anything to the target country AND Partial Embargo - Specific goods won't be sold to target country, while all other goods will. This would be particularly important for not supplying Small Arms or other military hardware, for instance, to rival countries that you know that will use them to build armies against you.)

P3D said:
The need to produce/purchase enough food in order to stop your pops from dying and emigrating out. So agriculture won't be neglected.
Technically, Victoria 1 had the latter...it's just that 'Life Goods' like food became so cheap in the late game that the only way to keep POPs from being able to buy them was to tax them at 100%.

P3D said:
I'd like to see industrial resources (metal+coal) outside Europe (South America, Africa, more places in Asia). Or the possibility to look for such.
Indeed. Australia, India, and Indonesia are among the top 10 coal producers on the planet to day...yet their provinces produced very little coal in Vicky 1, especially India's. Some of that might be due to neglect (the Brits certainly weren't going to go looking for and developing coal deposits in India that would compete with British miners), but an independent Mughalistan would certainly be motivated to explore and develop local coal resources.

angj57 said:
1: I like all countries having the option to colonize. BUT I think there should be a militantcy hit among certain pops when democratic countries build colonies. I'm thinking mainly of when an american countris build colonies in Africa. If a player wants to that is fine, but it should cause quite a stir back home.
Maybe this could be dependent on a nation-by-nation flag? (Something like the 'Jomian vs. Clausewitzian' choice in the original) Some nations would start off as 'Continentalists' and would have enhanced colonization abilities on their continent, perhaps enhanced military or industrial abilities, but penalties to overseas actions, especially colonization (examples: Prussia, USA pre-1898 or so, Russia), while others would be 'Imperialists' and bonuses to overseas activities, especially colonization, but have certain penalties related to 'Continentalist' activities (examples: UK, France, USA post-1898) You would get the chance to change your focus once you researched a fairly advanced cultural tech (something like 'Nationalism and Imperialism' from the original).

EDIT: Relating to the first, it just occurred to me that perhaps there should be some counterbalance to the ever-increasing crop yields from technology. The methods used to so massively increase yields wear out the soil and can damage or destroy agricultural lands. Too, the methods were expensive and (in the US, at least), farmers would often go into debt and eventually bankruptcy to improve their equipment. Perhaps with high levels of productivity from individual RGOs comes a counterbalance, where the productivity of the RGO is diminished by events, perhaps even the LR of the province or the level of the RGO in severe cases. That would stop such a huge surplus of food from coming into being.

Indeed. Phreaps making an "Order of Priority of Demand" (For the lack of a better term), would be for Prestige. For instance, the first country's demand's to be fulfilled would be the one with the higher prestige (Like in Victoria's 1 World Market). The less prestigious ones would see their demands analysed last and probably most of these would be rejected since they are conflictuous with the countries with higher prestige.

I also agree with the conferences, but there should be limits to how frequentley the occur. We can't have a confrence every week, can we? How about if only the #1 nation (or atleast top 3) can call them, and at a limit of once every two years? I am assuming that Paradox will keep the "rating" system?

I also agree with the conferences, but there should be limits to how frequentley the occur. We can't have a confrence every week, can we? How about if only the #1 nation (or atleast top 3) can call them, and at a limit of once every two years? I am assuming that Paradox will keep the "rating" system?

this would be the kind of thing perfect for a "decision"

Hope Vic2 keeps the score system! Vicky is so far the only game I feel I'm actively competing against other countries for something greater. In all other games I just keep to my own business and try to achieve whatever I had planned for that particular gaming session. In Vicky I always try to score the best I can.

One thing I hope is improved, like many others have said, is immigration. A significant percentage of the US should not be living in Alaska and Canada/Australia/NZ/SA needs more immigrants from the UK. I would also like to be able to force nations to release nations in peace deals like EU3(ie forcing Russia to release Poland).

Well, historically there was the Berlin Conference of 1878 (Called by Austria-Hungary - Dealing with Russo-Turkic War, and unpleasant aftermath for the Austrians) and the Berlin Conference of 1885 (Called by Portugal - Dealing initially with the Congo disputes between Portugal, France and Belgium, and later grew to becoming the standard of colonization)

I believe that conferences, should they exist, should not be tied to dates, but to Diplomatic points. You would have to use all your diplomatic points to call up a conference on something.

Obviously, you would have to have a subject on what the conference would be about, and that by itself would change the preconditions for who could call a conference or not (I think having colonies should be sufficient for calling a "Colonial Conference", since Portugal, much to my sadness, wasn't a great power by 1885. :( )

One thing that would be wonderful to see would be culture groups, like in EUIII. Except in Vicky, these groups should be far more complex. Eg., take Norwegian culture. This might be part of the Scandinavian culture group, along with Swedish, Danish, and Icelandic. The Scandinavian culture group might be part of the Germanic meta-culture group, along with the British, Dutch, and German culture groups. This then would be part of the European super culture group, along with at least the Celtic, Slavic, and Romantic meta-cultural groups, the various isolate cultures, such as Basque, and European-type overseas cultures, such as American cultures.

The point of all of this would be that your minority policy works based on culture groups. Having a better citizenship policy gives bigger benefits to POPs 'close' to your primary culture than ones lying farther away. For example, suppose that full citizenship causes you to treat all cultures within your culture group as if they were your cultures. Then, cultures in your meta-culture group might get full promotion abilities but a productivity penalty, while cultures in your super-culture group might get an even bigger productivity penalty, while finally cultures outside of any of those might only be promotable to middle-class jobs and have the biggest production penalties. This would give the various minority policies (or some analog thereof) meaning, and would allow for more realistic interactions between different cultures, removing, for example, how Americans would treat Mexicans, Canadians, and Irish identically in Victoria, completely ahistorically.

This would also let nation formations be more interesting, and allow nationalism to be more interesting too. Unification countries (as well as a few other countries at the start, such as Great Britain or France) would have all of their same-culture group citizens treated identically, regardless of the minority policy. A powerful advantage if you have a populous culture group such as German or Italian.

I always mean what I say, I just don't always say what I mean.:eek:o

I know the POP system has already been discussed in depth, but I'll have to say the idea of promoting or demoting POPs into neat little classes of craftsmen or clerks is a bit ridiculous. Though I do think the player should be able to prioritize which factories get the most workers. Your people should respond to the opportunities available to them with their chosen occupations. Plus I do have to wonder how having more managers (clerks) than actual workers (craftsmen) can somehow boost productivity.

On a related note, I really do not want to leave my own country's economic development up to the whims of the AI. One of the things that kept me away from Ricky was the worry of having capitalists building a million glass factories while ignoring resources I actually need. Yes, I know state sponsored capitalism is very unrealistic for most nations of the time, but so is the idea of an omnipotent entity (you, the player) controlling a country for one hundred years. I'd really like to keep a way to at least encourage the development of specific forms of industry in specific places. Maybe have industry done with corporations like research is in HOI2. Have a specific slots for specific types like textiles, armaments, or steel.

It would also be nice to include the economic dimensions of foreign policy. Like getting resources out of your satellites or having spheres of influence in weaker countries like China or parts of Latin America.

It would also be nice to include the economic dimensions of foreign policy. Like getting resources out of your satellites or having spheres of influence in weaker countries like China or parts of Latin America.

+1
something creative thing should be made for china. in vicki1 china is barely a good inmigrants exporter. i think giving commerce (access to raw materials and access to markets) it's due importance would make foreign policy more interesting and imperialist.

Some Suggestions

1 Buy Weapons

At that time, many countries just buy warships from other tech advanced countries, not buy a lot of steam convoys and find they do not have the tech to build a single ironclad...

2 Railroad everywhere

It will become terrible if capitalists build rails in every single province, which is added up to 14500... It will also becoms terrible to build rails in 14500 province by my hand as a state capitalism...

Also, it will be funny to see railroads on Tibet during the 19th century since only with the tech in 21st century can it be realized...

3 civilized

I personally think that a collection of tech that all the "civilized" countries have providing the huge benifit of being civilized is better than a simple modifier.

4 Change the research things

How could Hawaii research faster than UK just because all the population is clerk...

5 economy model

China is a balance breaker in almost every paradox game. The problem for vic is the huge resource production.

A solution may be make the RGOs like a factory and all the other population is just famers or urban residents. This is the case. Not all the people in a province with a coal mine is digging for coals... Actully, I think the eu3 mode which is 1.0 production with 1000 pop and 2.0 with 99999 is somewhat underestimate the impact of manpower and the vic mode is the opposite.

There should be also a maintain fee for every government. 90% of the tax go to treasury is unreal.

6 Don't hurry

I would like to be a beta tester. However, I don't want to pay $36.99 and recieve a beta version... Just the case of HOI3....

Finally.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the best!!!

Maybe limit the railroads to non-mountain provinces only?

And I don't really think that China makes Vicky out of balance.
Sure they got their hands on a lot of resources but I never see them rampage all over Asia (and almost into Europe) as they can do in EU3.

Nooooooooo :mad:

The trading system was good in Vicky. Except for the World Market concept.

:confused:
i don't understand what you mean, the world market is the trade system. you trade anything with the world market.

Maybe limit the railroads to non-mountain provinces only?

And I don't really think that China makes Vicky out of balance.
Sure they got their hands on a lot of resources but I never see them rampage all over Asia (and almost into Europe) as they can do in EU3.

I mean if China got civilized, she will break the balance at once.

An ideal case should be, even China is civilized and catch up with the tech, the overall balance should still work. At least, we should not be able to send millions people to the a single coal mine and produce half of the coal of the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.