• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rommel 459

Major
130 Badges
Jun 9, 2005
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
i know this is the first day of the games announcement and all, but any idea whether you guys will include AI control of certain features(as you did with HOI3)? and if so what will be given the option to be AI controllable?

or has that not yet been discussed?

EDIT : i emu'd the thread started WOW... sorry, RedRalph, a mod made me do it

Last edited:
I don't want to be too specific, but the key is to reduce micromanagement in a HOI3 style. If a player doesn't want to deal with every aspect, he may leave those to the AI.

More realistic migrations, not everyone in one state.

And leave the POP system, or something similar to it, IN. Don't dumb it down too much :(

Keeping the flags system is the best suggestion I can think of right now.

I don't want to be too specific, but the key is to reduce micromanagement in a HOI3 style. If a player doesn't want to deal with every aspect, he may leave those to the AI.

Nonsense, micromanage, en masse!

Keeping the flags system is the best suggestion I can think of right now.

I'd actually pay more money for that!

The comment about "gunboat" diplomacy just reminds me that it would be nice to see fleets be important this time around. And as far as colonialism goes, it would be kewl if pops would migrate to your colonies organically instead of only when you do something strange and contrived to force them. Beyond that, I'm still mum with joy. :)

I hope for AI-control in pop management (or better a completely overhauled system) and trade. But you really don't want to give diplomacy to the AI in Vicky, do you? ;)

Would be neat to have your generals take care of the boring fronts in your wars against Russia, though.

Make the upper house/senate thing have as many seats as you have states.

Trade system: learn from the venerable "Imperialism"

Trade should influence the relations between the nations. If two countries are intervined economically, supplying each other's industries with necessary goods, raw materials and lucrative markets, the diplomatic climate should improve. If the countries are hardcore concurrents in production of luxury furniture, the relationship shall stagnate and detoriate. The countries should also prefer to sell their produce to their friends, not merely dump it on the world market from which the most prestigeous country gets them.

I know, hard to implement, but there must be a way. :)

I think that the POP-split feature should be available from 10.000-15.000 units, not over 35.000 like Vicky. I think that was very problematic to smaller countries to industrialize.
Give also the EUIII diplomatic feature to request "liberate country", this is particularly useful when fighting multicultural empires :D.
Oh, and what about a spy system?

Give also the EUIII diplomatic feature to request "liberate country", this is particularly useful when fighting multicultural empires

PLEASE. I can't even count how many times I've had to fiddle with save files and load up as my enemy to break them up following a sufficiently crushing defeat.

Make the upper house/senate thing have as many seats as you have states.
No.

Natural Emigration also. Have steady currents, which increase, decrease, or reverse with the economic conditions.

Do something about immigrant countries with 100+ millions working in a single province in a singel RGO. Might even use it as a means to achieving historical emmigration. That would've been swell, except for the uruaguayan nationalists out there ofc...

Guys, you have to think about bigger countries. Playing some smaller countries isn't that demanding but playing China, Russia, UK... was nightmare.

When you get 150+ millions population, it gets tedious.

That's why I'm saying: Leave the micromanagement for those who want and when they want it but include option to automate it, in whole and in part...

Maintaining or even increasing complexity of the original game while reducing the micromanagement and creating an AI that can deal with it is the single biggest challenge and the most important thing about a new Victoria game.

A mixture of all the best features of Vicky, EU3, HOI and Rome would be best. The trickling conversion of pop types was nice in Rome (though, it could get difficult with multi-ethnic provinces and more pop types). The war resolution of EU3 was very good. Long-term influencing of countries in HOI3 sounds interesting. HOI-style missions wouldn't a bad addition (especially for the navy), but shouldn't overly complicate the war effort. HOI3 research system coupled with Vicky's inventions.

And the depth of Vicky's political & demographic system would be the overreaching constant that ties it all together. Hopefully, it will also be quite a bit less fantasy-style history than EU3 or (heaven forbid) HOI3.

Status
Not open for further replies.