• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your sidebars look as if they are cut out of wood, then painted in color.

And there is nothing wrong with that. :) Let them look that way. After all, wood was a primary construction material throughout the whole XXth century

Is Turkey with Axis or Allies in this Mod ?

Not quite so.

Instead of the usual division of the world into Axis, Allies and Comintern like that in Vanilla, in this particular scenario, since it is not 100 % historical, the situation is different.

Two alternative military blocs may emerge - Mediterranean Pact and PATO (not to be confused with NATO).

Mediterranean Pact is a coalition of Revisionist Powers, - nations that are not satisfied with the post-WW I settlement in the world. They want to change it and redraw the existing borders.

PATO, unlike NATO, is a grand alliance led by France. PATO stands for PAris Treaty Organization*. It is a coalition of Status-Quo Powers, - nations that are totally satisfied with the post-WW I settlement in the world. They don't want any new changes and oppose the Mediterranean Pact's revisionist policy.

Likely participants of the two coalitions:

Mediterranean Pact: Italy (the founder & leader), Austria-Hungary (if she exists), Turkey, Bulgaria and Albania.

PATO: France (the founder & leader), Yugoslavia, Greece, Romania, Czechoslovakia and puppets of France.

*It's assumed that the Treaty is signed in Paris, hence the name of the Organization - PATO

Last edited:
Why Albania?Why wouldn't Italy conquer Albania?It had cores on it,so it can capture it.Mussoline would have done it.

Those are just possible combinations of alliances. It doesn't mean that Albania will join Mediterranean Pact for sure. Albania may remain neutral for a while, in that case she will be invaded by Italy in 1939.

Also,wouldn't it be easier to be named PTO?Less confusion.

It is already PATO, so it is going to remain PATO, even if it's a little bit confusing :)

Those are just possible combinations of alliances. It doesn't mean that Albania will join Mediterranean Pact for sure. Albania may remain neutral for a while, in that case she will be invaded by Italy in 1939.

It is already PATO, so it is going to remain PATO, even if it's a little bit confusing :)
I know you said you won't be changing the name but knowing the French and their 'obsession' with superiority and their Francophone policy, it would have been OTPA (Organisation du traité de Paris). Just saying, don't shoot the messenger. ;) The French still refuse to acknowledge NATO in English to this day and they call it OTAN in ALL of their official and military documents.

I know you said you won't be changing the name but knowing the French and their 'obsession' with superiority and their Francophone policy, it would have been OTPA (Organisation du traité de Paris). Just saying, don't shoot the messenger. ;) The French still refuse to acknowledge NATO in English to this day and they call it OTAN in ALL of their official and military documents.

You're absolutely right about the OTAN/NATO stuff, but after all it's an anglophone mod. So why not, PATO could perfectly work.

:confused:

The spanish use OTAN too and they arent supposed to be egocentric like the french like you say. NATO is Organización del Tratado del Atlántico Norte in spanish.

Please keep your sterotypes to yourself.

:confused:

The spanish use OTAN too and they arent supposed to be egocentric like the french like you say. NATO is Organización del Tratado del Atlántico Norte in spanish.

Please keep your sterotypes to yourself.
I have worked with officers from 16 nations of NATO (back when it was still 16) and none of them, save the French, corrected me each time "in French" when I mentioned NATO. Spanish people, along with Italians are the most laidback and they don't mind technicalities as long as everyone is on the same page.

This is a free forum as long as people adhere to forum rules, so keep your censorship totalitarianism to yourself!

This is a free forum as long as people adhere to forum rules, so keep your censorship totalitarianism to yourself!
Not my fault you met only french thight asses in our military (althought it is a good trait to have if you dont want to fall for a fellowcomrade). And since this is a free forum i will not tolerate insults on my people! :mad:

:D Seriously i dont care, but still, please stop. ;)

Not my fault you met only french thight asses in our military (althought it is a good trait to have if you dont want to fall for a fellowcomrade). And since this is a free forum i will not tolerate insults on my people! :mad:

:D Seriously i dont care, but still, please stop. ;)
I will stop in order not to derail the thread but I must clarify, there was no insult to any country or nation in my comments. I'm sorry you have interpreted it that way.

it would have been OTPA (Organisation du traité de Paris).

It would be really nice to have Eurogeddon translated into all major languages, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to deal with that. So far it has to be in English only (with some exceptions).

You're absolutely right about the OTAN/NATO stuff, but after all it's an anglophone mod. So why not, PATO could perfectly work.

But PATO sounds better than just PTO, in my opinion.

Thank you for supporting my point of view, folks :)

I like the new system of alliances a lot. Btw, France won't be allied with UK anymore? It's good idea since some rivalry was present between France and Britain after WW1. After all, if Mediterranean Pact is formed, Germany will be much smaller threat for France with Italy being hostile towards Hitler(especially if Austria-Hungary is reborn with Italian support). French would be probably happy to settle things in Europe alone, without British cooperation. France and Little Entente(Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Romania, maybe Greece and Turkey could join later) would be very important force in Europe. Keep up a good work!

What ?!! Poland is not in the French Grand Alliance ? :confused::confused::confused:

Although I didn't make any events for Poland to join PATO, she is traditionally very friendly to France. I tested the last update a few times. As a rule Poland AI is very much inclined to join France and her allies. So, it's very likely that Poland will be a member of PATO