• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In 1933? Yes, then Hitler's chancellery is somewhat hard to avoid. 1932? Not quite as hard. 1930? Well, focus on the historical is all right, and good, of course. But 1930 leaves so many tempting ways to avoid a Nazi takeover that doesn't mean a Communist takeover

Somehow it looks more interesting for me to develop something like a possible Austro-German war(s) in 1934 and 1938 and/or a possible German-Czechoslovakian war in 1938. It won't be farfetched at all. It's based on real historical facts and absolutely plausible.

If you play as Austria or Czechoslovakia it doesn't make any sense for you to get "diploannexed" by events. You improvise and try to survive. Outcome is more or less unpredictable.

Austria cannot successfully resist a German onslaught on her own. For a better balance in 1934 Austria is supported by Italy, Hungary and Yugoslavia which is based on real historical events. In 1938 by Italy, Hungary and possibly Poland (under some circumstances favorable for the Poles)

Austria. Skin

Here are some screenshots related to Austria

austriaskin.jpg

Austria. Sidebar

austriasidebar.jpg

Austria. Provinces

austriaprovinces.jpg

Austrian Cabinet in 1933

austriacabinet33.jpg

Candidates for Foreign Minister available in 1937

austriafm.jpg

Approx. Austrian OOB in Feb. 1933

austriaoob33.jpg

Approx. Austrian OOB in Jan. 1937

austriaoob37.jpg

Somehow it looks more interesting for me to develop something like a possible Austro-German war(s) in 1934 and 1938 and/or a possible German-Czechoslovakian war in 1938. It won't be farfetched at all. It's based on real historical facts and absolutely plausible.

If you play as Austria or Czechoslovakia it doesn't make any sense for you to get "diploannexed" by events. You improvise and try to survive. Outcome is more or less unpredictable.

Austria cannot successfully resist a German onslaught on her own. For a better balance in 1934 Austria is supported by Italy, Hungary and Yugoslavia which is based on real historical events. In 1938 by Italy, Hungary and possibly Poland (under some circumstances favorable for the Poles)
Well, I guess I'd like to hear of the 1934 historical event that'd make Yugoslavia happy about working with Hungary (claims on Yugoslavia) and Italy (claims on Yugoslavia) to fight Germany (lacking claims on Yugoslavia).

'Course, HOI2 is a war-game, so yes, it's probably more interesting.

Last edited:
Well, I guess I'd like to hear of the 1934 historical event that'd make Yugoslavia happy about working with Hungary (claims on Yugoslavia) and Italy (claims on Yugoslavia) to fight Germany (lacking claims on Yugoslavia).

"Dollfuss was killed. German intervention was stymied by the mobilization of Italian and Yugoslavian forces on the border."

The quotation taken from here:

http://www.onwar.com/aced/chrono/c1900s/yr30/faustria1934b.htm

King of Yugoslavia would not be happy to work with Italy and Hungary. But he, just like Mussolini in 1934, wanted to see Austria independent. That was necessary to secure stability in the Central Europe. That would be a short-term alliance of necessity

That alliance is dissolved if Austria and Germany make peace.

If Austria annexed by Germany, Italy, Hungary and Yugoslavia keep fighting Germans and try to liberate Austria

No, you are not right. In 1934 Italy did not and could not have any claims on Yugoslavia. Italy already gained some land from the former Austria - Hungary after the Great War and could not have rightful claims on something else. The fact that Italy has core provinces in Yugoslavia is just a fabrication by Paradox that has nothing to do with the reality of 1934.

But the situation changed probably by 1939. Mussolini's appetite and the size of the Italian army grown enough to state new territorial claims in the Balkans.

Yes, absolutely possible. It's very easy to do that

Side Bar. USSR

Sidebars for Comintern

sidebarussr.jpg

Side Bar. Mongolia

sidebarmongolia.jpg

Side Bar. Tannu Tuva

sidebartannutuva.jpg

My hope is scenarios and events will be as good as the graphics are.

Here are some of the events already scripted by me for this project

ger1.jpg

ger2z.jpg