• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank God, you are back. How's the project going ? Any news worth of sharing with us ?

Adding a bunch of new playable nations.

ethnewnations.jpg

The Ethiopian OOB is going to be much closer to the real situation that existed in 1936

ethiopiaoob.jpg

Happy Easter to everyone (who considers it a holiday) ! :)

There will be (actually already are) 7 options of shields/flags for Nazi Germany. One of them is historical. I cannot display the historical one here for the well-known reason.

In any case if you do not like the historical option you'll be able to find an alternative that appeals to you more

germany.png

Thank God, you are back. How's the project going ? Any news worth of sharing with us ?

Also adding a lot of new events. My preference for historical ones as usual

austrogerman.png

germanconscription.png

heimwehr.png

So Germany will respect Austria, as long as Austria implements a more "German" foreign policy.

I take this as a puppet state instead of Anschluss. It seems a plausible event, as long as we name it right. :)

Interesting events there!

Thanks. It's still just the beginning. :)

So Germany will respect Austria, as long as Austria implements a more "German" foreign policy.

That's what really took place in 1936. The reason of that, Mussolini, at first, was very cautious about Germany. Hitler looked to him too unpredictable and not very much trustworthy. So, Mussolini kept supporting the Austrian independence until Germany openly recognized the Italian conquest of Ethiopia and signed the Anti-Comintern pact.

That situation going to change after 1936. Mussolini and Hitler will finally become friends.

I take this as a puppet state instead of Anschluss. It seems a plausible event, as long as we name it right. :)

Plausible event ? :) No, I am not making it up. That Austro-German diplomatic agreement is a real historical fact. It doesn't avert Anschluss. It happens some 2 years before the annexation of Austria by Germany. Anschluss takes place as soon as the Duce allows Hitler to do that. But in the summer of 1936 Premier of Italy decides on retaining a status quo in Central Europe and Germany is still too week to ignore Mussolini's opinion

Last edited:
That's a realy nice progress. I'm impressed, keep up a good work.

That's a realy nice progress. I'm impressed, keep up a good work.

Thanks.

The historical date of that event is July 11th, 1936.

It is preceded by another one. Historical as well. On June the 1st, 1936, Kurt Schuschnigg comes to Rome to make sure that Italy will support Austria, in case if a war between Germany and Austria breaks out. If Italy doesn't promise any support, what happened in real history, Austria has no other choice but to improve relations with Germany. At least temporarily

visittorome.png

But if Italy makes a decision to support Austria, it may lead to a situation where the Anschluss might be averted.

In 1936 a lot of things depended on the position of Italy. Mussolini could have easily prevented the outbreak of WW II or change the whole course of that war

Just read a few books about Mussolini, fascism and Italys part (especially how important they were pre-WW2) and I must say, I'm mighty impressed of your knowledge and wait I'm anticapting the most with your mod, is the road to the war! 33-39.. Me like! Hope to play it soon! Best wishes

I'm anticapting the most with your mod, is the road to the war! 33-39..

To be exact that road to the war scenario is called Tripolar World.

Just read a few books about Mussolini, fascism and Italys part (especially how important they were pre-WW2) and I must say, I'm mighty impressed of your knowledge and wait I'm anticapting the most with your mod, is the road to the war! 33-39.. Me like! Hope to play it soon! Best wishes

Such a wonderful project and doesn't have its own sub forum ? :(

Thanks for the words of encouragement

Just read a few books about Mussolini, fascism and Italys part (especially how important they were pre-WW2)

Before 1936 the relations between Italy and Germany were even worse. The Italians viewed Nazism as a crude and brutalized version of their own fascism.

The German ambitions towards Austria and the Balkans were already well known. The first page of Mein Kampf contains a sentence that says, "German Austria must return to the Great German Motherland". The Italian dictator foresaw that in neither of these regions Italy's interests would coincide with those of the Nazi Germany.

In January 1934 Mussolini sends his principal adviser on foreign affairs to Vienna. That visit itself was a gesture of warning to Germany. During that visit, Mussolini's envoy made the following statement:

"The importance of Austria, due to her position in the heart of Central Europe, far exceeds her territorial and numerical size. If she is to fulfill in the interests of all the mission accorded her by centuries-old tradition and geographical situation, the normal conditions of independence and peaceful life must first of all be secured. This is the standpoint which Italy has long maintained in regard to both political and economic conditions on the basis of unchangeable principles."

Some time after that, in the same year, the Austrian Government ordered a roundup of all Nazis in the country ...

So there will be ahistorical events that leads toother paths too?

I prefer to call them hypothetical instead of ahistorical, because those events, in my project, have very much historical roots