• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Everything looks just awesome (except the shield for the Nat.China) and I have only one suggestion. Shouldn't Greek flag look like this?
800pxflagofgreece281828.png

I have only one suggestion. Shouldn't Greek flag look like this?
800pxflagofgreece281828.png

You are probably right. It seems the option you showed is what the Greeks used before their Regime of the Colonels.

So, I have changed the Greek flag. Thank you for noticing that

greecedifferentflag.png

Thank you very much for the maps. Very interesting information.

You're welcome. Some more maps:

Eastern Front (not really necessary though, spanning from late 1942 to early 1943)

10_GermanSummerOffensive%2824July-18November1942%29.bmp

11_SovietWinterOffensive%2819%20November-12December1942%29.bmp

13_SovietWinterOffensive%2819February-18March1943%29.bmp

North Africa

20_OperationsinEgyptandLibya.bmp

21_OperationsinEgyptandLibya%2813September1940-15June1941%29.bmp

22_OperationsinEgyptandLibya%2818November1941-7July1942%29.bmp

23_OperationsinEgyptandLibya%2826-27May1942%29.bmp

24_OperationsinEgyptandLibya%2812-13June1942%29.bmp

25_CampaigninNorthwestAfrica%288November1942-February1943%29.bmp

OOBs for Axis/Allied forces in North Africa (23 October 1942)

Pacific Theater

12_BattlesofCoralSeaandMidway1942.bmp

6_AlliedTheaterOrganization30March-6August1942.bmp

Japanese Centrifugal Offensive (December 1941 - around April/May 1942

25_CentrifugalOffensiveMalaya.bmp

26_CentrifugalOffensivePhilippines%288December1941%29.bmp

27_CentrifugalOffensivePhilippines%2810December1941-6May1942%29.bmp

28_CentrifugalOffensiveEastIndies.bmp

29_CentrifugalOffensiveBurma.bmp

30_CentrifugalOffensiveSouthwestPacific.bmp

Actually I am already working on the main scenarios as well. Currently it's not 1942 though. 1933 and '37 so far

I can give you some information about those too:

Events of 1933
Events of 1937

Since I'm from Spain, I've searched for articles relating the Spanish Civil War, that, in 1937, could have been won by either side.

SpCW2.jpg

SpCW3.jpg

A few very interesting pages (some of them are in Spanish though):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Civil_War
http://www.fjavier.com/aire1936-39/1939/index.htm (in Spanish)
http://www.zi.ku.dk/personal/drnash/model/spain/did.html
http://www.fjavier.com/aire1936-39/jarama/organiza.htm (in Spanish; this one includes a detailed OOB for both sides in mid-1937)
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/Spanish-Civil-War.htm (this page is full of articles relating the Spanish Civil War. In English)

I'll try to keep posting more information as I find it.

Cheers! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you! ;)

~omega20

Last edited:
Also I've made another option of the German flag/shield. Actually it's not the German state flag. It's based on the flag of the German Defense Ministry that was used from 1933 to 1935. The fact that it was used under the Nazis for whole 3 years (1933, 1934, 1935) makes this thing eligible to represent the Nazi Germany.

Is it better or worse than just the simple German tricolor (w/o the cross) ?

nazigermanydifferent.png

Also I've made another option of the German flag/shield. Actually it's not the German state flag. It's based on the flag of the German Defense Ministry that was used from 1933 to 1935. The fact that it was used under the Nazis for whole 3 years (1933, 1934, 1935) makes this thing eligible to represent the Nazi Germany.

I think that it's better than the simple tricolor.
By the way Merry Christmas!

Btw the japanese flag has its "red sun" centered.
Did you choose it to be like this? Its not really the same.

There were two similar variants of that Japanese Imperial flag. One of them is symmetrical, where the sun is right in the center, and the other one is assymetrical, where the sun is closer to the left side. The first one was used by the Japanese Imperial Army. The second one was used by the Japanese Imperial Navy.

Compare:

Army
jipa.png

Navy
jipn.png

I simply chose the Army option over the Navy one

There were two similar variants of that Japanese Imperial flag. One of them is symmetrical, where the sun is right in the center, and the other one is assymetrical, where the sun is closer to the left side. The first one was used by the Japanese Imperial Army. The second one was used by the Japanese Imperial Navy.

Compare:

Army

Navy
[IMG]

I simply chose the Army option over the Navy one[/QUOTE]
I knew that but why did you choose the army one over the navy?
Imperial Japan is famously know with the IJN flag.

Ah doesnt really matter Both flag looks good! :D
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

When can we expect the next release ?

I don't know it yet. These holidays are distracting me a lot.

I knew that but why did you choose the army one over the navy?
Imperial Japan is famously know with the IJN flag.

Just because the Army flag appeals to me more than the other one :)

The best flag for Germany is the nazi flag but instead the evil and devil swastika, the rune Adal (If I remember well) or the Iron Cross or even a blank.

I think that it's better than the simple tricolor.

The best flag for Germany is the nazi flag but instead the evil and devil swastika, the rune Adal (If I remember well) or the Iron Cross or even a blank.

Thank you for your comments, folks.

Anybody else would like to say something about possible options of the German flag ?

I prefer the historical Nazi Germany flag ''with a red background, a white disk, and a black swastika in the middle.'', I know it is forbidden to show swastikas but it was that flag they used during the WWII not the tricolor one.

I prefer the historical Nazi Germany flag ''with a red background, a white disk, and a black swastika in the middle.'', I know it is forbidden to show swastikas but it was that flag they used during the WWII not the tricolor one.

The tricolor was used by the Nazis too, along with the swastika flag.

Besides that, like I already said, the tricolor with the cross was the flag of the German Defense ministry in 1933-35

I like that German's flag. However, that iron cross seems a bit little... the one in Germany's marine jack and war flag from 1933 to 1935 is sightly bigger:

800px-Germany-Jack-1933.svg.png

@Terminator: About the tricolor flag, it should be noted that it was used by the Nazis just from 1933 to 1935. From there, the one with the swastika remained the only official one.

@Von Mergen: Keep in mind that, while you may prefer the historical flag with the swastika rather than the tricolor one, it wouldn't be that nice to add it in the game since not everyone like it.

Cheers!

~omega20