• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Military junta? Other authoritarian regime (Imperial Restoration, general von X leads the way...)? The Soviet Union? If avoiding Hitler won't be an option, then my recommendation is axing any 1932 or earlier plans. It raises unnecessary hopes.

Although Hitler is practically unavoidable in 1933 it still makes sence to make a scenario starting earlier than 1933. It will raise understandable hopes for those who want to play such nations as France, Finland and Poland. With more time to prepare, who knows, maybe they'll have some chance to survive the upcoming aggressions. For Mannergeim and Pilsudski/Rydz-Smigly the clock is ticking very fast. Every additional month is more than valuable for them.

...personaly I would like that you would made alternate history mod. We have already many realistic mods now, try with new ideas. Good luck!

My number one priority is making scenarios (1933/1937/1942) based on real history.

But I am not totally opposed to alt. history. Some hypothetical stuff might be added at some point later. But such stuff has to be based on a very plausible foundation rather than on vivid imagination.

Yes, there are some mods based on real history out there but there is nothing like mine yet

can u start the 1942 scenario at the start of fall blau, the OOB is partially done anyways...

I would like to give people some time, a month or more, to prepare for the German summer offensive in 1942. Otherwise too many things would be known and expected by your opponent

Side Bar. France

Some more screenshots.

sidebarfrance.jpg

Side Bar. UK

sidebaruk.jpg

Side Bar. Italy

sidebaritaly.jpg

Or even more interesting, communists want to spread revolution into American soil in style of Kaisserreich. There is much chances, this is just a suggestion, personaly I would like that you would made alternate history mod. We have already many realistic mods now, try with new ideas. Good luck!

If you are tired of real history you can always try the already made alternative mods like Confederate Armageddon and Legacy of Keiserreich.
That stuff is well made. High quality. You will enjoy it.

The problem is the leaders of the Weimer republic could neither ignore nor eliminate Hitler's movement. Hindenburg never liked Hitler. But the popularity of both Nazi and Communist parties had grown so much by 1933 that Hindenburg had to choose nazis as the only available effective measure against the communist threat and a very likely revolution.

Hindenburg simply had to appoint Hitler Chancellor of Germany otherwise it would have been a political suicide for the former and who in his right mind wants to commit a suicide ?
In 1933? Yes, then Hitler's chancellery is somewhat hard to avoid. 1932? Not quite as hard. 1930? Well, focus on the historical is all right, and good, of course. But 1930 leaves so many tempting ways to avoid a Nazi takeover that doesn't mean a Communist takeover (mostly because, quite frankly, the Communist revolution threat was, and is, overstated. The Communists would get crushed between the Reichswehr, Freikorps, SA and Iron Front. The Communists realised this. They weren't inclined towards revolution until that would change).

In 1933? Yes, then Hitler's chancellery is somewhat hard to avoid. 1932? Not quite as hard. 1930? Well, focus on the historical is all right, and good, of course. But 1930 leaves so many tempting ways to avoid a Nazi takeover that doesn't mean a Communist takeover (mostly because, quite frankly, the Communist revolution threat was, and is, overstated. The Communists would get crushed between the Reichswehr, Freikorps, SA and Iron Front. The Communists realised this. They weren't inclined towards revolution until that would change).

Like I already said I am not opposed to alternative history. Everybody has the right to rewrite history according to his own taste. But such ahistorical aberrations should be:
1) within reasonable limits
2) based on a serious and plausible foundation

If you'd like a Germany without Hitler at the helm, such a scenario, I think, should start before the Great Depression. Then it will not be beyond the realm of possibility to avoid Hitler's chancellery.

Actually it doesn't make any difference for me if an earlier scenario starts in 1930 or in 1928. Technically it's very much the same

Oh, it was realy stupid from me to give ahistorical suggestions like this, I almost forgot that I played Mod33 with DDR that takes over Germany in '33 and there is also Red Barons scenario in CW extension mod. Also Kaiser can return in Mod33 where many great ahistorical chances are. If there is not many good a-historical ideas left, you should take reality path. I'm not underestimating your creativity but I doubt that there is possible to make such great ahistorical world like Kaiserreich team did. :cool:

Like I already said I am not opposed to alternative history. Everybody has the right to rewrite history according to his own taste. But such ahistorical aberrations should be:
1) within reasonable limits
2) based on a serious and plausible foundation

If you'd like a Germany without Hitler at the helm, such a scenario, I think, should start before the Great Depression. Then it will not be beyond the realm of possibility to avoid Hitler's chancellery.

Actually it doesn't make any difference for me if an earlier scenario starts in 1930 or in 1928. Technically it's very much the same
That was my point- avoiding Hitler is not within reasonable limits, or based on a serious and plausible foundation in 1933 (more or less- I mean, you can avoid it very easily, but that'd require inserting an accident that never occured into history, and that makes the entire thing ahistorical by itself, and when your main goal is being historical... yeah), and you can make an argument for that being the case in 1932, as well, but 1930 is somewhat different- not that stopping Hitler means saving the Republic. Of course, your mileage does vary, and er, well, this is really quite minor compared to the rest of the mod being good.:eek:o

I doubt that there is possible to make such great ahistorical world like Kaiserreich team did. :cool:

It's just a matter of having enough time and inspiration :)

The double-headed eagle of Albania

Three more side bars for this project

sidebaralbania.jpg

Side Bar. Greece

sidebargreece.jpg

Side Bar. Bulgaria

sidebarbulgaria.jpg

terminator i'll try your mod, but let me tell you something.. My job is graphic advertisment in Rome... and let me tell you your graphic is really bad (almost like my english :) )...try to look at other interface game graphic and try to do those giant button with that old style bevel a little bit smaller and cleaner ;)