• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Terminator

Eurogeddon Developer
5 Badges
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Eurogeddon: Thunderbolts of War (1933-64).

Main distinctive features compared to Vanilla:

Expanded time span. Currently the first planned scenario starts in 1933 but eventually the (chronologically) first scenario will start in 1932 or 1930 or some other year.

Different graphics. I would even say completely different graphic style.

A bunch of new events, preference for historical ones.

Different scenarios. Currently plannig 3 full scale scenarios:
1) 1933
2) 1937
3) 1942 ( starts somewhere after the end of the Soviet counter offensive at Moscow in Dec. 1941 - Jan. 1942 and before the start of the German summer offensive in 1942).

Different tech tree which allows to increase the technological gap between Germany on one side and Allies and Soviets on the other.

More tech teams and military leaders.

More attention paid to important minors played a significant role on both sides: Finland, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, Canada, Australia.

Same for important nations which remained neutral but theoretically could join one of the sides: Spain, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina.

More flexible AI.

The list above may be expanded.

I would appreciate your feedback. Positive, negative. Anything.

Two download links with the latest version of Eurogeddon. Filefront and Rapidshare. Both identical.

Eurogeddon: Powder Keg of Eurasia - Filefront.com (updated on Aug 23; re-uploaded on Sep 3, 2010)

Here are two sketches of loading screens. Don't know if it's a final version. They may be changed, improved or completely replaced with something else

load1.jpg

load2z.jpg

Last edited:
Few screenshots related to France

francek.jpg

france1s.jpg

france2p.jpg

france3f.jpg

france4g.jpg

france5m.jpg

Screenshot related to USA

usaoqz.jpg

Eurogeddon: Thunderbolts of War (1933-63).

Main distinctive features compared to Vanilla:

Expanded time span. Currently the first planned scenario starts in 1933 but eventually the (chronologically) first scenario will start in 1932 or 1930 or some other year.

I would appreciate your feedback. Positive, negative. Anything.
Will averting Hitler's Chancellery be possible? If not for 1933, than 1932/1930?

Well i like the fact that there is going to be a gap in tech between Germany USSR, UK and USA.

And i'm always a fan of more time before the War.

But i don't like the loadscreens :eek:o sorry

Over all it looks pretty cool. Can't wait to play it.

Will averting Hitler's Chancellery be possible? If not for 1933, than 1932/1930?

If not Hitler who would have started the war then ?

Scenarios

scenarios.jpg

If you would like some suggestions for your new mod, I got an idea.
What about only one scenario that starts in 1930 or 1933. Hitler's movement is eliminated by Weimar goverment after some weeks of fighting(some kind of civil war). Democratic forces are exhausted of fighting and economic troubles, so communists take up advance and start revolution/coup/civil war. Communists recieve help from USSR and established Communist Germany. Then Germans and Soviets start to establish their spheres of influence. Soviets take out Finland and Baltic states while German agents start revolution in Austria. After Austrian communists take power they have chance to join Germany. Soviets pick on Bulgaria and Romania while Germans tried to get Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia. If Germans coup Yugoslavia, Italians are worried and Italian king wants to establish closer ties with West. Mussolini is remowed from power and Italy is made more democratic. World war would start when Germans and Soviets attack Poland(Soviets would retrieve lands lost by Russia in 1920 and Germans would establish puppet communist Poland). I think that German strategy shouldn't be 'anex-them-all' because they would like to spread workers revolution instead(only Austria would be anexed by Germany). In Spanish civil war Soviets and Germans could support Republicans and Spain could even join their alliance. When final war begins, Soviets, Germans and their puppets would fight against France, British and Italy. Japan could be left as in real history fighting China and then USA. Americans could join the war against communists(maybe Soviets would sunk American ship). Or even more interesting, communists want to spread revolution into American soil in style of Kaisserreich. There is much chances, this is just a suggestion, personaly I would like that you would made alternate history mod. We have already many realistic mods now, try with new ideas. Good luck!

Military junta? Other authoritarian regime (Imperial Restoration, general von X leads the way...)? The Soviet Union? If avoiding Hitler won't be an option, then my recommendation is axing any 1932 or earlier plans. It raises unnecessary hopes.

The Soviet Army was still too week in 1930s. The Com. Party were too busy with the five-year plans of industrialization. The foreign policy was very much isolationist. USSR could not be a primary warmonger back then.

What about only one scenario that starts in 1930 or 1933. Hitler's movement is eliminated by Weimar goverment ...

The problem is the leaders of the Weimer republic could neither ignore nor eliminate Hitler's movement. Hindenburg never liked Hitler. But the popularity of both Nazi and Communist parties had grown so much by 1933 that Hindenburg had to choose nazis as the only available effective measure against the communist threat and a very likely revolution.

Hindenburg simply had to appoint Hitler Chancellor of Germany otherwise it would have been a political suicide for the former and who in his right mind wants to commit a suicide ?