+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurogeddon: Thunderbolts of War

Eurogeddon Developer Terminator's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Eurogeddon: Thunderbolts of War

Eurogeddon: Thunderbolts of War (1933-64).

Main distinctive features compared to Vanilla:

Expanded time span. Currently the first planned scenario starts in 1933 but eventually the (chronologically) first scenario will start in 1932 or 1930 or some other year.

Different graphics. I would even say completely different graphic style.

A bunch of new events, preference for historical ones.

Different scenarios. Currently plannig 3 full scale scenarios:
    1) 1933
    2) 1937
    3) 1942 ( starts somewhere after the end of the Soviet counter offensive at Moscow in Dec. 1941 - Jan. 1942 and before the start of the German summer offensive in 1942).

Different tech tree which allows to increase the technological gap between Germany on one side and Allies and Soviets on the other.

More tech teams and military leaders.

More attention paid to important minors played a significant role on both sides: Finland, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, Canada, Australia.

Same for important nations which remained neutral but theoretically could join one of the sides: Spain, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina.

More flexible AI.

The list above may be expanded.

I would appreciate your feedback. Positive, negative. Anything.

Two download links with the latest version of Eurogeddon. Filefront and Rapidshare. Both identical.

Eurogeddon: Powder Keg of Eurasia - Filefront.com (updated on Aug 23; re-uploaded on Sep 3, 2010)

Here are two sketches of loading screens. Don't know if it's a final version. They may be changed, improved or completely replaced with something else

Last edited by Terminator; 26-10-2010 at 04:06.
    Eurogeddon: Thunderbolts of War (1933-1964)
    New Flag Design
    Eurogeddon: Powder Keg of Eurasia - Filefront.com (updated on Aug 23; re-uploaded on Sep 3, 2010)
    If you are a professional programmer and interested in a part time job of some sort, you can send me a private message

Few screenshots related to France

New Flag Design
    If you are a professional programmer and interested in a part time job of some sort, you can send me a private message

Screenshot related to USA

New Flag Design

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Eurogeddon: Thunderbolts of War (1933-63).

Main distinctive features compared to Vanilla:

Expanded time span. Currently the first planned scenario starts in 1933 but eventually the (chronologically) first scenario will start in 1932 or 1930 or some other year.

I would appreciate your feedback. Positive, negative. Anything.
    Will averting Hitler's Chancellery be possible? If not for 1933, than 1932/1930?

Well i like the fact that there is going to be a gap in tech between Germany USSR, UK and USA.

And i'm always a fan of more time before the War.

But i don't like the loadscreens sorry

Over all it looks pretty cool. Can't wait to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordInsane View Post
    Will averting Hitler's Chancellery be possible? If not for 1933, than 1932/1930?
    If not Hitler who would have started the war then ?
    New Flag Design

Quote Originally Posted by MidEvil View Post
    But i don't like the loadscreens sorry
    Could you specify what namely you don't like in those screens ?
    New Flag Design

Scenarios

New Flag Design

Looks promesing.
    What's the current status of the mod?

Military junta? Other authoritarian regime (Imperial Restoration, general von X leads the way...)? The Soviet Union? If avoiding Hitler won't be an option, then my recommendation is axing any 1932 or earlier plans. It raises unnecessary hopes.

Stalin wanted attack Western Europe but Hitler attack Soviet Union first so in this mod Soviet Union can start a WWII by attacking allies

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold War

can u start the 1942 scenario at the start of fall blau, the OOB is partially done anyways...
    I wanna be Korean or Japanese.

"If it's an exploit for para's then it's an exploit for EVERY unit in the game and therefore the game itself is an exploit." -jju_57

The Mighty Red Army
    Game Starts in 33 war can start in 39
    First Invasion of Poland and Baltic States then Finland
    Second Attack would be at of Rest of Europe
    if they succed then it's time for United States of America

Could you specify what namely you don't like in those screens ?
    Maybe he didn't like there are no any Dutch-made tanks or aircraft in the pix ?

Quote Originally Posted by magic90 View Post
    The Mighty Red Army

Then it's time for US to fall ?

Quote Originally Posted by magic90 View Post
    The Mighty Red Army
    The Sovs were absolutely in no condition to start a war in '39...

Nostalgia Bombs Researcher Asalto's Avatar
    Darkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler: Cold War500k club

Cinnabar Island Military Research Facility
    If you would like some suggestions for your new mod, I got an idea.
    What about only one scenario that starts in 1930 or 1933. Hitler's movement is eliminated by Weimar goverment after some weeks of fighting(some kind of civil war). Democratic forces are exhausted of fighting and economic troubles, so communists take up advance and start revolution/coup/civil war. Communists recieve help from USSR and established Communist Germany. Then Germans and Soviets start to establish their spheres of influence. Soviets take out Finland and Baltic states while German agents start revolution in Austria. After Austrian communists take power they have chance to join Germany. Soviets pick on Bulgaria and Romania while Germans tried to get Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia. If Germans coup Yugoslavia, Italians are worried and Italian king wants to establish closer ties with West. Mussolini is remowed from power and Italy is made more democratic. World war would start when Germans and Soviets attack Poland(Soviets would retrieve lands lost by Russia in 1920 and Germans would establish puppet communist Poland). I think that German strategy shouldn't be 'anex-them-all' because they would like to spread workers revolution instead(only Austria would be anexed by Germany). In Spanish civil war Soviets and Germans could support Republicans and Spain could even join their alliance. When final war begins, Soviets, Germans and their puppets would fight against France, British and Italy. Japan could be left as in real history fighting China and then USA. Americans could join the war against communists(maybe Soviets would sunk American ship). Or even more interesting, communists want to spread revolution into American soil in style of Kaisserreich. There is much chances, this is just a suggestion, personaly I would like that you would made alternate history mod. We have already many realistic mods now, try with new ideas. Good luck!
    Officer of the Royal and Imperial Order of the Sacred Pizza (awarded by Kurt Steiner)
    Weekly AAR Showcase Winner 29-3-2009 / 12-2-2012 / 2-3-2014; Fan of the Week 15-12-2013
    Heirs of Weltkrieg - Kaiserreich in 21st Century / It's a Long Way to Paris: National France in 21st Century
    Sweet Home Manitoba - KR Canada in Modern Day / Wrangel's Empire
    ''Nothing is true, everything is permitted'' - Alamut

Sounds like the "Red Barons" scenario in Cold War Extension.

Quote Originally Posted by LordInsane View Post
    Military junta? Other authoritarian regime (Imperial Restoration, general von X leads the way...)? The Soviet Union? If avoiding Hitler won't be an option, then my recommendation is axing any 1932 or earlier plans. It raises unnecessary hopes.
    The Soviet Army was still too week in 1930s. The Com. Party were too busy with the five-year plans of industrialization. The foreign policy was very much isolationist. USSR could not be a primary warmonger back then.
    New Flag Design

Quote Originally Posted by Asalto View Post
    What about only one scenario that starts in 1930 or 1933. Hitler's movement is eliminated by Weimar goverment ...
    The problem is the leaders of the Weimer republic could neither ignore nor eliminate Hitler's movement. Hindenburg never liked Hitler. But the popularity of both Nazi and Communist parties had grown so much by 1933 that Hindenburg had to choose nazis as the only available effective measure against the communist threat and a very likely revolution.

Hindenburg simply had to appoint Hitler Chancellor of Germany otherwise it would have been a political suicide for the former and who in his right mind wants to commit a suicide ?
    New Flag Design

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast