+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scandinavian Empire

Scandinavian Empire

Hey everyone this will be my first AAR and first serious game of HOI3 so i might as well kill two birds with one stone.

My main goal is to conquer Norway and Finland and and part of the baltic staes to establish a scandinavian empire like sweden once was. but my first sub goal is to decied if i want to focus on building up an army or try and build factories to increse my IC. Sweden starts out with 26 ic so it will be a rough going but hopefully i can secure enough ICs from the surronding countries or build enough that i will be able to build a competent enough army to hold off invaders from the sea and the russians.

i will be playing on Normal with no mods no resets what happens happens. Time to start playing

sweden starts with few troops

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionPirates of Black CoveEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh great, a Scandinavian AAR, we don't have any of those yet. Are you planning th join the axis? If so, it is even better
    /subscribes/
    Last edited by Zaku; 18-08-2009 at 20:37.

Ya i will be joning the axis asap..

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by KampfGrun View Post
    Ya i will be joning the axis asap..
    My motherland! I'm subscribed =)
    Pluggar Offentlig Förvaltning på Göteborgs Universitet!
    I study Public administration at Gothenburg University!

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Now we'll see just how overpowered Sweden is!
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

Operations Center
    Gustav 5 to the Armed forces
    Alrighty Men.. Since weve decided in all of our wisdom that we need to wipe the vile norwegians off the face of the planet were going to have to come up with a battle plan of somesort.
    Well i decided to call it Get the victory points as soon as possible but Public relations did not like that to much they thought the public might not get on the side of the war and we all know that when conducting war we need to be united under one banner.
    So to condduct this war properly we have divided the country into two operations. the first operation hence forth know as "Operation Hellcat" will be concentrated at securing the capital and the area around it. Operation will be split into two stages stage one marked in red will consist of securing the area around the capital. stage two is marked in green is to take the capital the middle divisions will be marching towards the capital were the flanks will be supporting the attack and holding the area down from enemy incursions

The second operation consiting of only one stage is hence forth know as "Operation dont freeze my balls off" this will take place in the deep north were our forces will attack and hold the Norwegian port city of Narvik.

you have all been given your orders carry them out to the best off your abblities

Norway and Finland has never been under sweden at the same time.

Finland:

- The status of the Grand Duchy of Finland, ruled from 1809 to 1917 by the Czar of Russia as the Grand Duke of Finland, closely resembled a personal union and is often described as such by Finns.[citation needed] In accordance with the Treaty of Fredrikshamn Finland was legally a part of the Russian Empire that was granted autonomy at the sufferance of the Czar; the autonomous status was temporarily repealed later on.

Norway:

- Personal union with Sweden from 1319 to 1343
    - Personal union with Denmark from 1380 to 1814 (the Norwegian Riksråd was abolished in 1536)
    - The Kalmar Union with Denmark and Sweden from 1389 to 1521 (sometimes defunct)
    - Personal union with Sweden from 1814 (when Norway declared independence from Denmark and was forced into a union with Sweden) to 1905 (Sweden did almost only controll the foreignpolitics of Norway. The norwegian Storting was controlling almost all politics.

Just too point it out =)

Quote Originally Posted by toreopp View Post
    - Personal union with Sweden from 1319 to 1343
    Under those years both areas were under Swedish control at the same time.

- Personal union with Sweden from 1814 (when Norway declared independence from Denmark and was forced into a union with Sweden) to 1905 (Sweden did almost only controll the foreignpolitics of Norway. The norwegian Storting was controlling almost all politics.
    Not completely true. Sweden had majorily control over large portions of the Norwegian politics from 1814, though it was removed yearly in bits. By the start of the 20th century the control of Norway was just the official part, it was barely anything Sweden controlled in Norway.
    Quite a different guy for quite a different world.

I will give you that.

But the Kings of sweden on that time was week. Also, Norway was highly influenced by Denmark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_b...den_and_Norway

Sorry i should have said this sooner but i got the inspiration to create the Sandinavian Empire from Eu3. Here is a map of my overall golas.. Norway needs to be included thou..

UFF DA!!!
    Domination as a very unneutral Sweden

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    500k club

With Germany on their border, Denmark might be out of the question.

Unless Sweden is REALLY overpowered
    "Mankind has only one science. It is the science of discontent." -- Count Hasimir Fenring
    The Führer Goes Nuts! (and he's contagious) - An utterly nonsensical HoI 3 AAR.
    Danse Macabre - A Victoria: Revolutions / Hearts of Iron III / World of Darkness crossover.
    Updates on both AARs resuming in May

Update coming soon with action real action and invasions but its not who you would expect it to be

Hey this is really nice...I haven't seen a Scandinavian AAR for some time now...I look forward for the updates
    I'm planing to make a Croatian AAR...My last game with Croatia was really great and for some reason I stopped being Germany's puppet...But I'm going off topic...

Very interesting AAR Seeing lots of opportunities for sweden-will follow this one..

HoI AnthologySword of the Stars II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

you should take denmark aswell if it wasnt for those lousy french and dutch denmark would've been swedish >*:
    "Der Krieg an sich ist nichts, er bindet nicht und lösen nicht. Erst die Probleme, die er aufwirt, machen ihn zum Schicksal".
    "War itself means nothing, it does not create bonds nor does it loosen them. It is the problem which it throws up which make it fateful".

- E.W. Möller, Kriegsberichter 'Wiking'

Well try and get a Update out but todays my Brthday so i have to spend it with the family but sometime during the week i will. it will be great of swedens conquests

Hastatii- im going to try and conquer the industrial section of denmark before germany..

Welcome to the AAR everyone

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

I hope thee had a merry birthday.

*subscribes*

Enewald- Welcome!! and yes i did have a good birthday except for some minor speed bumps but good otherwise.. Well i have a question to ask all of you.. When the british isle is under control should i make the puppet of Scottland or just retain all of the ic and leadership for myself.. and update on the progress after England has been delt with

Well here is some unfortunat news.. i saved my game in october of 1940 and now when i got back to open the save file my HOI3 game crashes anyone have and idea how to resolve this or am i going to have to wait tell a patch

The Flying Dutchman Van der Gent's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    500k club

I'd prefer a Sweden AAR with a slightly more historical approach. But I'll follow as it's a Sweden AAR.

And to all Swedes, I hope you've all noticed the Sweden Improvment Project.
    I used to be the commander of the Swedish Forum in the Fatherland.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast