• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Game Play review

ss5.jpg

Poland falls

Poland collapsed rather quickly shortly after the fall of Warsaw. But before the final collapse I pulled the Two SS divisions from the assault and strategically redeploying them to the Denmark border.

ss7.jpg

Denmark advance starts

Plus two SS divisions have been moved from the Netherlands.
Most units have been redeployed from Berlin HQ to Bitburg with only a small number remaining in Poland.
It is planned to carry out an airborne landing in Denmark. I am however still waiting for the units coming on line.

ss6.jpg

SS Panzer Wiking advances
The Herman Goering Division is leading the charge on Dunkirk. I am confidence that France will fall rather quickly.

Little problem?
ss8.jpg

Anyone know how to sort this mess out?
Hungary I have just discovered was allied to Poland and at the same time a member of the Axis.
Now the problem is I cannot bring them into the fold even by declaring war.
They are at war with me lol.
Really thought this sort of idiotic fubar had been fixed in 1.2
If I cannot get a solution I will have to back-track or even restart.

A French lesson

Two days after joining the 1st Fallschirmjäger unit in Aalborg, Brigadeführer, Sigfried Von Stazi had realised he was wasting his time. There was just no way the Luftwaffe glory boys would be letting him join them in the Invasion of Norway although the entire Denmark Norway operation was called Operation Weserübung, Von Stazi regarded it as “Operation Weserübung part 2” because of the obvious delay between the two.
Originally the operation had been planned as one fluid operation but events in France had attracted the attention of Hitler, Reichmarshal, Göring and Reichsführer-SS, Himmler.
The event in question was the extraordinary success of the Fallschirm-Panzer-Division 1. Hermann Göring. In a daring sweep the division had swept through the Netherlands capturing first the port in Brugge and then on down to Dunkirk.
Almost single-handily the Fallschirm-Panzer-Division had cut the British off and if things went any worse for Reichsführer-SS, Himmler then Reichmarshal Göring would be seen as the conquer of France.
For Reichsführer-SS, Himmler, this was unthinkable and again the call had gone out for Brigadeführer, Sigfried Von Stazi to ensure it was the Waffen SS and not Göring and his skyborne warriors that secured Paris.
The task would fall to the Netherlands SS Corps and to the 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking in particular.
For Untersturmführer, Heinz Klein sitting next to the Brigadeführer on the Junkers transport plane heading to France was not a good thing.
He had heard stories of heavy fighting and even heavier casualties. The British and French were fighting for every inch of land taken…

SS.jpg

For the first time they would run into well trained proffessional soldiers

Gameplay

Denmark falls rather easily. In fact far faster than expected leaving me with my two protagonists with nothing to do. As I am not ready for the Norwegian campaign as yet with too few transports I needed to find them something else to do.
To my surprise the Fallschirm-Panzer-Division 1. Hermann Göring gave me the pretext I needed all on their own.
They were given the task of sweeping through the Netherlands with their end target being Dunkirk. While other units seemed to flounder with delays the Fallschirm-Panzer-Division 1. Hermann Göring just sailed through!!!
With a panzer division under Rommel racing to Calais only Paris and Reims stand in the way of a Vichy event. It will be an interesting race to see which unit reaches and takes Paris first. Both the the Fallschirm-Panzer-Division 1. Hermann Göring and the 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking have equally as far to go.
The irony of a poster in this thread regarding the Reichmarshal has not escaped me :rofl:

This is a really good and funny AAR, I'm subscribed! I particularly like the picutres that go with the text, adds a bit of comic relief. Especially the first one of "Von Stazi in action" and Stein hidden behind the Kubelwagen.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keep it up!:)

Edit: Btw did you meant Klein and not Stein? I didn't notice it first time, only when I read it to write this comment. Maybe you were thinking of beer when you were writing it...;)

Last edited:
SS10.jpg

The SS clearly in the lead...

SS11.jpg

And suddenly things change

Von Stazi steps in
Brigadeführer, Sigfried Von Stazi walked slowly towards a tent shaped camouflaged net on the outskirts of the small village of Guise situated on what was a vital crossroads held by the French.
The crossroads had been heavily defended by the enemy only hour earlier that was before the SS Wiking Division had rolled through. Now the village was quiet except for the odd cry from a wounded soldier and medical orderlies wandered amongst friend and foe.
But for Von Stazi this was no comfort as rumours that the Herman Goring division was at the outskirts of Paris had reached the ears of Reichsführer-SS Himmler and so it was that Von Stazi was about to entered the battlefield HQ for Waffen SS Netherlands to greet Himmler. Behind him a Kubelwagen screeched to a halt. An officer hurriedly ran towards him and whispered into his ear. Together with Untersturmführer Heinz Klein who had just joined him he entered the tent.
One look at the gathered officers told Von Stazi that his boss was not just agitated but clearly annoyed as he lashed out at another SS officer.
“Why can we not go faster, here and here,” he shouted waving briefly at nonsensical locations on the map giving the lower ranks the impression that he had some grasp of the military situation.
“The Reichsführer-SS is right,” Von Stazi barked commandingly as he entered the tent. Himmler turned glaring at the intruder, his expression changing as he saw Von Stazi. The young Brigadeführer had the knack of making his boss look good and of salvaging his masters dignity on numerous occasions.
With hands on his hips he looked at the map, smiled and then whispered in the Reichsführer-SS's ear. A smile crossed Himmler’s lips for the first time that day.
“It appears the Goring division has run out of fuel,” Himmler said. “This gives the Waffen SS time, do not fail me,” he stated before storming from the tent, a smile on his lips. For a brief second he wondered how Von Stazi had managed to deprive Goring’s pride of fuel. His smile widened, knowing Van Stazi it would have been brutal.

ssofficer.jpg

A tired officer enjoys a smoke break - As they say "War is Hell"

tank22.jpg

France finally falls

Stazi delivers France

While the Herman Goring division was stranded on the outskirts of Paris the SS Wiking Division wasted no time under the able direction of Brigadeführer, Sigfried Von Stazi in roaring into Paris…
Well that was them dispatch that Reichsführer-SS Himmler personally handed to Hitler.
In reality fighting had been bitter and if it had not been for the timely intervention of Lt General Rommel’s 6th Panzer Division all would have been lost.
Major update soon.

Last edited: