• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Beware that the autoslider mod essiantially turns off the production AI and gives it only autoslider capablity. Its not really a mod, but rather edits game setting files.

This is bad for me cause I actually like to use the production AI sometimes and this prevents it from doing anything else except manage the autosliders.

Is there an actual mod out there that will add autosliders without disabling the rest of the production AI?

Beware that the autoslider mod essiantially turns off the production AI and gives it only autoslider capablity. Its not really a mod, but rather edits game setting files.

This is bad for me cause I actually like to use the production AI sometimes and this prevents it from doing anything else except manage the autosliders.

Is there an actual mod out there that will add autosliders without disabling the rest of the production AI?

From what I understand of the plan, that is the fix coming with the 1.2 patch. I don't know if it's just production sliders, or sliders in general, but seperating slider AI from the rest of the AI function is in the works, at least for production.

You don't need a mod, just set production to AI. The AI will take care of the sliders and production.
The mod makes that the AI doesn't add to the production list, which you don't need.

You don't need a mod, just set production to AI. The AI will take care of the sliders and production.
The mod makes that the AI doesn't add to the production list, which you don't need.

I actually do like it when the AI adds suff to production. Thats why I don't like this mod because it prevents the AI from adding stuff to production.

I actually do like it when the AI adds suff to production. Thats why I don't like this mod because it prevents the AI from adding stuff to production.

Well then it sounds like you have no need for the mod in the first place. The mod is there for people who want to have manual control over production, but have the AI take care of the sliders.

-you can select all units in a corps,(or all unit's under a hq, from any lvl), by clicking on the "select all" button above the units of the corps(small green button), and order them to go where you want(this wil select all the units, including the hq )(saw a complaint about this in another thread):)

The game AI's slider control and the mod's slider control are not the same. I like the priorities that the Autoslider mod set, as they are exactly the priorities that I follow when manually editing the sliders. Before I couldn't run auto because the game would mismanage the sliders, and I had to turn the Production AI off and manually adjust the sliders every 24 or 48 hours. That got boring FAST. But now I can run auto without having to check the production screen manually daily! I don't even have to look at it MONTHLY! o_o

Using the Autoslider mod stops the AI from automatically adding things to your queue. But the AI will still request units, and tell you which kind it needs, so you can still build what the AI suggests. You can also use the "Build Suggested Units" button on the Production screen to automate the process of adding requested units! :)

The autoslider mod is one of my "necessary to play" mods. It has VASTLY improved my enjoyability of this great game! I just can't wait for 1.2 to fix some immersion-breaking issues. That said, wish me luck on my current Japan game. February 1937... trying to decide exactly when to declare war. :) I want to declare soon in order to get the wartime laws, but I'm trying to decide when is a good point to enter the war. Last game I ran into a stalemate in China... then China managed to cut off 75% of my entire military, causing me to decide to restart and improve my chances. :rofl:

You can put the air forces of a theatre under AI control while retaining control of the land forces through a bit of command structure fiddling.

Select one of your army HQs. Detach it from the command structure. Click the button to create a new army group. This attaches your loose army to your newly created army group HQ. Detach the army and put it back where it was at the start.

Now, you have an army group HQ which is attached nowhere and which has nothing attached to it. This is now the Oberkommando Der Luftwaffe. Attach to it all air wings which you want to put under AI control. Now, put the HQ to aggressive stance, and it will send out its planes to attack enemies in the vicinity. If you give the HQ specific provinces as objectives, it will get down to bombing enemy troops in the vicinity of those provinces. Interceptors will be sent to fly air superiority of the area too. I've tried it out during Operation Barbarossa, it works quite well.

Temp fix. The mod requires that you put your country's tag in one of the added lines. Put a small third world nation where not having any production will not change the game. Then the mod will control your production.

You can put the air forces of a theatre under AI control while retaining control of the land forces through a bit of command structure fiddling.

Select one of your army HQs. Detach it from the command structure. Click the button to create a new army group. This attaches your loose army to your newly created army group HQ. Detach the army and put it back where it was at the start.

Now, you have an army group HQ which is attached nowhere and which has nothing attached to it. This is now the Oberkommando Der Luftwaffe. Attach to it all air wings which you want to put under AI control. Now, put the HQ to aggressive stance, and it will send out its planes to attack enemies in the vicinity. If you give the HQ specific provinces as objectives, it will get down to bombing enemy troops in the vicinity of those provinces. Interceptors will be sent to fly air superiority of the area too. I've tried it out during Operation Barbarossa, it works quite well.

I do the same thing with my Imperial Japanese Navy. My air units get attached to the "attack china" Army Group at the highest non-theater level, so I don't care about them so much. All units LARGER THAN a division in my chain of command have been renamed to something that I enjoy looking at, like "Pusan Theater HQ, China Regional HQ, 1st Army, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, 21st Cavalry Corps"... that corps then has 5x cavalry divisions underneath it. All my units are set up in a logical manner. My "Japan HQ" is set up into two main "regions"--the Home Islands, and then the Pacific Defense, which is for alllll tiny islands farther away than Okinawa. I also set up a tiny, tiny Taiwan Regional HQ.

I'd post a pic of my chain of command, but I'm on a different computer at the moment and don't have any pics. :)

did you know you can build 90 reserve divisons in 90 days with 0.8 ic cost? (each)

(put law to volunteer army and training to basic, then use 20-30 IC after building to get them to full strength with specilized training and 3 year draft, takes about 6 month tho, but you get them to ~20xp at 75% strength)

did you know : if you make Hqs and dont reinforce them quickly they "decay" and you loose your HQ and the general in command?

did you know 5 radars with 3 techlvls see to paris too (you dont need 10)

did you know navalstrike missons suck? the planes never find the fleets, use you CAGs in 'CAG duty' and go in with the carriers...you cruisers screens might get wasted but the carriers stay away

did you know that 2 inf brigs and 2 arty brigs have better stats then 3 inf brigs and cost less manpower?

did you know commando trait doesnt give attack and defense bonuses to "commando" troops

did you know building AA guns in provinces reduce you arty brig build time and cost? it adds to artillery practical
you get sp_artillery close to the inf.-brig. buildtime that way 106 days or so...

did you know the best way to use logistic generals is in corps command-slots and above? you usually dont have enough for that either but it helps a lot

thats it for now :D

p.s. did you know you can moddify the country.txt with the divison defaults so japan AI wont build tank divisons if you add sp_arty to the default model (1939 tech)
usually it wants 18 tank divison for 1 theater :p
only problem with that might be that japan wont research sp_arty and never builds tankdivisons...

Last edited:
I had a problem selecting all Air units in Palermo province and Malta, so after a few trial and error I found the solution. So select 1 air unit.

Then hold down shift and left mouse click near province and drag that multi selection window over the provice.

pic1.jpg

and there you go all air units selected. :D

pic2.jpg

I can't remeber if it was done same way in HOI2, but I think it was, if so I have just forgoten how it worked :)

Last edited:
I had a problem selecting all Air units in Palermo provice and Malta, so after a few trial and error I found the solution. So select 1 air unit.

Then hold down shift and left mouse click near provice and drag that multi selection window over the provice.

pic1.jpg

and there you go all air units selected. :D

pic2.jpg

I can't remeber if it was done same way in HOI2, but I think it was, if so I have just forgoten how it worked :)

Cool. I was having that exact same problem playing as Italy. I'm pretty sure it was the same way in HoI2, I just couldn't remember how. It's frustrating that they put everything on top of each other: troops on top of radar sites on top of airbases. Geez, spread it out in that one province to make it easier to see!

Did you know that, to defeat Great Britain, you do not only have to conquer the British Isles, but also India and Egypt?

Did you know that, even if France and Great Britain surrender and there is no major left in the allies, they will still fight on, and you have to defeat also South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia?

Did you know that with a major, theory is not really worth researching, except atomic energy and Jet engine in the later game?

- did you know hoi 3 is very buggy :eek:
- did you know if you defeat Russia and get bitter peace, you get some 500+ provinces and each one has 6% chance to revolt, forcing you to keep a majority of your military in russia and making you hate HOI 3? :rofl:

^That's my favorite.

I can confirm there is an off the map +5 IC.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417226

to search for country in Save game folder use
flags={
Then look for your country abbreviation.

Did you know that FAQ concepts/ tutorials can be found here:

Command structure
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416326
Diplomacy & Intelligence
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418374
Supply
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421775
Trading
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421982
Research:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422797
Radar