• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very impressive front to fight in, makes me think more and more of TOAWII, with this number of provinces. the russian campaign finally looks good and realist in HOI =)
Looking forward to more of this AAR

Mostyn: Glad to have you onboard!

Scorpi: Thank you!

Lordban: I don't think Soviets will break Stalingrad anytime soon, and saving the Italians is still an option. Rest are dead.

Myth: Center's already too weak, and it would take too much time for the ones from North to arrive at Don. (Dunno if there are strategic redeployements in HOI3, but never liked them anyway.)

Insignificant: There's a reason this AAR is named Blood and Iron. :) It's either Russian blood or German blood that will water the battlefields!

HMS Warspite: It's on normal. But feels like it's very hard or something, due to this being my third game. And thank you!

Aelendil: Indeed, this number of provinces is making the game really fun. So many tactics to go with, so many strategies to plan. Thank you, and glad to have you onboard!

Sorry guys, no update today, have been busy whole day and now I'm going to get my sleep. Tomorrow will %99 see an another update, or perhaps two!

To do a strategic redeployment: Select the unit you want to move, then hold left CTRL and tell it to move to the province you want. Then a popup shows up showing you options on what to do (one of them being strat. redeployment)

It will be a shame if you can't get to the Italians.

i cant really tell if you got a chance. but you most definitely have a really good chance of executing a nice big Battle of Kharkov to destroy 3 soviet armies. that would really stall the russian attack.

seriously, if you have the airpower, attempt to supply your armies at stalingrad any way you can. also try not to fall back too far back. if the russians regain more territory youre screwed. imediately begin an armored counteroffensive in the south and start encircling the soviet armies. most of their forces will be surrounding stalingrad so you should be ok.

To do a strategic redeployment: Select the unit you want to move, then hold left CTRL and tell it to move to the province you want. Then a popup shows up showing you options on what to do (one of them being strat. redeployment)

You can move a HQ (any level) and ALL its subunits this way by first pressing the "select all" button on the HQ screen. All the units that pop up will then move. If you want one or more of them to not get the order, cancel it by pressing its little x.

You can give ANY order to a bunch of units this way, not only SR.

Henri

Xendance: Thank you, seen how it works now.

stnylan: It would be a greater shame if I can't get to Stalingrad. Which is oddly being supplied by itself (just like Leningrad)

Eugenioso: As I said, Stalingrad is getting supplied already somehow. As for the retreat, I am trying to hold the line especially in the center, but sometimes, it's simply impossible to not retreat. If it's required, I'll go all the way back to Prussia. :p

Henri: Thank you, didn't know you could move an entire army group like that.

HMS Warspite: Pretty hard, indeed, but not unmanagable. AI is commanding rest of the fronts anyway. Thank you!

Sorry for not updating, a close relative had a surgery, had to stay in the hospital. Anyway, updating the screenshots right now, but it takes a little bit time. Photobucket's oddly slow, most likely caused by my own computer.

Defenders in the pockets are further broken, with only the Italians standing now.
HoI3_29.jpg

Heeresgruppe A's forward units stop a Russian attempt to break through the line while retreating.
HoI3_30.jpg

German forces launch a massive assault on Soviet lines to the center.
HoI3_31.jpg

Battle of Rostov-na-Don continues. Russian defenders show signs of tiredom, while von Manstein's forces are clearly in a better position.
HoI3_32.jpg

All forward forces fall back to Kuban in Heeresgruppe A's front.
HoI3_33.jpg

German forces launch an attack on the Russian forces, who recently had a breach after the Luftwaffe Field Corps were dissolved. The attack, fails due to the unwillingness of the soldiers.
HoI3_34.jpg

Assault on Rostov-na-Don continues.
HoI3_35.jpg

Italian forces face a huge assault from all sides.
HoI3_36.jpg

A German attempt to push back the Soviets fails once again at the breach.
HoI3_37.jpg

One lone Soviet division launches a flank attack on the Germans at Svatovo, ending up with them canceling their attack and defending.
HoI3_38.jpg

I think I see one thing you're trying to do, an enciclement from Rostov and the Kuban bridgehead, trapping some Soviet forces against the sea.

Lordban: Indeed, Bear's urrahs are shaking the battlefield.

Myth: That's quite true, I count on that at the Don front. It's the center that worries me.

It does look like it is going to be a close run thing.

Nice AAR:), Perhaps you can change the soviet assault by turning off ai för Ob West and send like 3/4 off that army to the eastern front-its a high risk but I think you have to gamble big time on this..

I'm sorry for leaving this to die. I am facing serious net problems right now, (which started after upgrading my net), so I'll be back when I deal with them.