• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes.

Remember to turn on auto repair on the initial Captain screen. It will do everything for you except load Marines. That you need to do in any of your ports that has a large enough garrison.

Ports you visit due to your Pact with AI don't sell anything. Neutrals and Allied ports only sell ammo. To repair ships you need your own port with a Shipyard Level 1 and an option to automatically repair ships turned on. To replenish Marines you need Garrison level 2 and you need to do it manually.

Yes.

Remember to turn on auto repair on the initial Captain screen. It will do everything for you except load Marines. That you need to do in any of your ports that has a large enough garrison.

Sorry to hijack, but I dont want to start another thread.

Ive only played about 2 hours, fumbling around learning this game. How do I load marines, is there a date requirement? I dont see them or an option anywhere ( its probably right in front of me and Im just missing it :eek:o).

How do I load marines...

It's a little + and - button on each of the ship details pages (in port view - the same 'page' you can repair ships on). Only certain ships can hold marines though (denoted by the little icon with a red uniformed crew) and each marine takes up 1 ton of cargo space, so make sure you don't have stuff in your holds.

HTH

Also get a captain who's Organizer and Conqueror. Will allow to load more Marines on each ship (120 on Galleon instead of standard 100 for example) and make them fight 20% better. All in all you get 44% bonus with such a guy.