+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Repair my ships in other ports ?

Repair my ships in other ports ?

can i get my damaged ships repaired in ports i don't own, eg, neutral ports, ie, ports none of the 8 powers own (ie, supply ports) ? what about if i'm in a pact or allied with another trade company ? thanks

Yes.

Remember to turn on auto repair on the initial Captain screen. It will do everything for you except load Marines. That you need to do in any of your ports that has a large enough garrison.
    John

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Ports you visit due to your Pact with AI don't sell anything. Neutrals and Allied ports only sell ammo. To repair ships you need your own port with a Shipyard Level 1 and an option to automatically repair ships turned on. To replenish Marines you need Garrison level 2 and you need to do it manually.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB48 View Post
    Yes.

Remember to turn on auto repair on the initial Captain screen. It will do everything for you except load Marines. That you need to do in any of your ports that has a large enough garrison.
    Sorry to hijack, but I dont want to start another thread.

Ive only played about 2 hours, fumbling around learning this game. How do I load marines, is there a date requirement? I dont see them or an option anywhere ( its probably right in front of me and Im just missing it ).

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy View Post
    How do I load marines...
    It's a little + and - button on each of the ship details pages (in port view - the same 'page' you can repair ships on). Only certain ships can hold marines though (denoted by the little icon with a red uniformed crew) and each marine takes up 1 ton of cargo space, so make sure you don't have stuff in your holds.

HTH

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Also get a captain who's Organizer and Conqueror. Will allow to load more Marines on each ship (120 on Galleon instead of standard 100 for example) and make them fight 20% better. All in all you get 44% bonus with such a guy.

+ Reply to Thread