+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nippon Banzai! - Japanese AAR

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars II
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Post Nippon Banzai! - Japanese AAR

This will be an ongoing AAR. I will be updating it as I play.
    And may I add that I'm no pro, this will be my first try to complete the game (after many trails and errors trying to figure out all new features etc, plus i wasn't very good at HOI2 either ).

Version: 1.1c Hotfix
    Mods: None
    Goals: Defeat the Chinese and Allies (Axis world domination )
    Cheats: None
    Campaign: '36
    AI: Technology (occational player control), Politics, Army and Navy (I like to watch )

I start the game by reorganizing the North China Expedition Army, and building aprox. 90 IC worth of Triangel infantry (sorry, the idea to make this an AAR came to me after these divisions were completed so I dont remember exact numbers), followed by 5 TAC and 4 Interceptors that should be ready when the war starts. Only Garrisons are left to guard.

Front Line

Preparing for invasion.

Units

Unit statistics.

After preparing the army, I was invited into the Axis, and successfully secured war funds from the USA (allow dept and trade).

War! Shanxi quickly fell and was annexed. After that I launched an attack from sea with a much smaller force, occupying Shanghai and the surrounding provinces:

Situation 12 May 1937

Communist China fell and went into exile:

Communist CHina have fallen and the army keep pushing south.

More IC means more production, preparing for potential Pacific War:

Naval production 1/2

Naval production 2/2

Thats it for now, time for sleep!
    Last edited by tef; 16-08-2009 at 02:13. Reason: hotfix version

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

will follow..

Even though you don't have an immediate need for them, I think you should start building ships (at least a carrier) right off the bat, though maybe after you've researched a few carrier (or capital ship, if that's your fancy)-related techs. Ships take so long, but the gain you get for Practical is so huge, that the sooner you get it rolling, the better, I think.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars II

Quote Originally Posted by ComTrav View Post
    ... I think you should start building ships ...
    Imageshack might be acting up (I've reuploaded the screens now), but there should be 2 pictues under "More IC means more production". If you for some reason can't see that,
    this is what I'm building:
    3x Carriers
    1x SHBattleship
    2x Battleships
    4x BCruisers
    And several HCruisers, LCruisers and Destroyers

All parrallel, total 195 IC, and the smaller ships one or two serial aswell.

I'll be playing some more later today.
    Last edited by tef; 11-08-2009 at 15:34.

Trying to work with Photobucket as Imageshack is timing out. Not working so good that piece of crap either.

Found an alternative Imageshack site that seems to work OK.

Sitrep!

General Terauchi is pushing the 1st N.CH North Army into Xibei San Ma, towards Golmud, trapping a small enemy force in the process, but 3 provinces in Communist China have been lost.

North region.

Field Marshal Okamura continues to push south with the majority of the North China Expedition Army. And a small force from the Central Chinese Army is attacking along the coast trying to link up with Lt. General Koiso's forces in Shanghai

Main force of the North China Expedition army.

Lt. General Koiso and the Central Chinese Army is still holding his ground around Shanghai

Shanghai invasion.

The Imperial Navy is raiding the Chinese Coast

The IJN patrolling for enemy convoys.
    Last edited by tef; 16-08-2009 at 12:53. Reason: images

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

You are not building any infantry?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Not sure what the problem might be with either hosting site - one AAR in this forum already has had its pics removed due to bandwidth issues but another using Imageshack as well has no problems. I'll be watching this one - and you stole my thunder! I was going to have the first Japanese AAR on here! Ah well there's plenty of room at the table for all these AARs.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Warriors aren't born stupid...they're made that way!

How the East was Won (1936 - ?) HoI 1 Japanese AAR using CORE latest mod.

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Think you can take China with what you have, or will you be content with just holding the important bits and leaving the rest, as Japan did historically, to focus on other things when the time comes?
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    A nicely solid start
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Overrun China asap.
    Then it shall all become a lot easier.

Oops, silly me, I was very tired, and didn't see you were going crazy with naval construction . It's a little disappointing that the default name for a SH BB for Japan (of all people) is "1st SH BB".

I'm curious if you are planning on focusing on any naval doctrine in particular, or if you're planning on building them all up. The China campaign will unfortunately not give you very much naval combat experience, but probably plenty of air combat experience.

Looks great so far, looking forward to it!
    Last edited by ComTrav; 11-08-2009 at 23:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpi View Post
    You are not building any infantry?
    Nope, I don't think I will need any yet, as I'm steamrolling the Nationalists

Quote Originally Posted by Jorath13 View Post
    and you stole my thunder! I was going to have the first Japanese AAR on here! Ah well there's plenty of room at the table for all these AARs.
    haha! You might have if it wasn't for the manual saving my butt on several things

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Think you can take China with what you have, or will you be content with just holding the important bits and leaving the rest, as Japan did historically, to focus on other things when the time comes?
    Yes, I reckon I can annex them before '39. But not as sure about Guangxi, as i learned from earlier trials.

Quote Originally Posted by stnylan View Post
    A nicely solid start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Overrun China asap.
    Then it shall all become a lot easier.
    My plan exactly

Oops, I was very tired, and didn't see you were going crazy with naval construction . I'm curious if you are planning on focusing on any naval doctrine in particular, or if you're planning on building them all up.
    Hehe NP.
    Not sure, I haven't really looked much into Tech, it's still a bit confusing some of the tabs in there for me

So is the AI managing your tech then?

The Naval Doctrines are set to benefit certain ships in each branch:
    Base Strike--CVs and CLs (also has CAG bonuses, obviously)
    Fleet-in-being-BBs and DDs (also convoy bonuses)
    Sealane Interdiction-CAs, BCs, and subs (also a smattering of weird bonuses for spotting and basing for some reason)

With enough Naval Combat Experience, though, you might be able to grab all three rather easily. Here's hoping Nationalist China provides the IJN with plenty of shooting practice

So is the AI managing your tech then?

The Naval Doctrines are set to benefit certain ships in each branch:
    Base Strike--CVs and CLs (also has CAG bonuses, obviously)
    Fleet-in-being-BBs and DDs (also convoy bonuses)
    Sealane Interdiction-CAs, BCs, and subs (also a smattering of weird bonuses for spotting and basing for some reason)

With enough Naval Combat Experience, though, you might be able to grab all three rather easily. Here's hoping Nationalist China provides the IJN with plenty of shooting practice
    Thanks for the tip, I think I'll have to look into that and possibly reorganizing my production line.
    And yes, the AI is controlling Tech, but I go in and add a few things when I feel the need.

Production Change
    Now totals:
    3 Carriers
    1 SHBB
    2 BB
    4 HCruiser
    6 LCruiser
    7 Marines

Nothing else for now, I'm afraid.

A combined assault on communist troops

Lt Gen Fujie's 2nd Central Army Corps and Lt Gen Ando R's 2nd North Army Corps retakes the 3 Communist China provinces that were lost earlier.

Qongj province pocket destroyed

Gen Terauchi have defeated the Chinese pocket in Qongj province, and is moving further into Xibei San Ma.

I managed to free up some IC to build 3 Triangle Infantry divisions that will go to the Central China Army in Shanghai.

Shanxi uprising in Mandalat Sum!

Manchukuo forces are moving in to eliminate the rebels.

Garrisons in Shanxi

Japanese garrison troops have been ordered to hold key provinces in former Shanxi.

The Heavy Industrial Emphasis Law allows us to start the production of an Armoured division

N. Central and N. South Army groups are rolling through central China at great speed

Progress in the south.
    Last edited by tef; 21-08-2009 at 13:51. Reason: images

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Looks like the conquest is proceeding apace, though with a couple bumps here or there.
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I would not put two tanks and one motorized in one division.
    It only needs one tank to be a tank division.
    And motorized units are cheaper.

ARGH game crashed.... WTF?! >

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Ouch.

Do you have a workable save?
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast