• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rofl, nice guide to the Italian capital Leviathan :D (even if it's technically called Nova Carinthia). What movie is the pics from?

I always envisioned the place as a mix between early 20th century New York/LA, and Ankh-Morpork :p
Hehe, I'm glad you like it! You should really rename it in the game, nova carinthia is sooo 19th century! :p

Metropolis, I wager

I basically just googled "metropolis" and a whole bunch of scenes from the movie turned up. A 1920s vision of the technocratic future!

Ok, the vicky part is done now. Thanks for the huge intress over our game. I think some sort of AARs will follow from last session that was worth of a novel of text atleast

Given how this game is running, someone is going to nuke Italianopolis eventually... :D unless the Italians nuke first!!!
You can all rest assured that by the time someone attempts to nuke Italianopolis, Italy will also have nukes, and if the enemy somehow manages to penetrate the biggest concentration of aircrafts on the planet, Italy will respond in kind :D

Well the most obvious thing took place, Western nations Declared war on PEC.

Germany and France marched trough Prussia against Finland....Prussia and Finland had treaty that forbidded third parties to use each others land in time of war.
Something took place in Asia, but I wasen't following it, but mostly a epic naval battle between Norway and Indonesia

At somepoint Africa DoWed Georgia and soon after that West apparently lost the naval side and agreeded WP, all except France.
While the rest of the PEC was at war with France, they couldnt therefore to Attack Africa. French advance was halted on Borsborous and Africa contained into three provinces outside Sinai that he managed to took when Georgia had no troops there.
The war continued as a stalemate trench-war. During that Africa and France demanded this "worthless" little province of Sinai..
It wasen't untill after clever move Georgia managed to almost beat Africa, when the war started to move again.
But then (as we have the stack rule of 20 divisions per province allowed to attack) African player deliberatly broke the rule By attacking with 80 Divs from single province, and that almost coused the front to collapse.

A TS shouting match started as expected.
During wich the African player tried to claim that a) he didn't knew the stack rule (wich he was constantly addressing to Georgia during the entire couse of the war)
and b) that he really doesen't care about the rules.

Luckily our GM order Africa to pull back, and eventually Georgias orgniall intivative was regained and Africans kicked back to their continent and France agreeded WP along with his lapdog Africa.

At the course of war, some of FInlands actions migth have been seen (looking from inside, outside and upside) as treacherous flib-flopping but naturally things aren't always what they seems;);)

Yeas essentially. Thougth Georgia suffered most as he had to stay in the war fully focused on frontline most of the session and wasen't able to do his last moment industralisation....and Georgia had propaply most potential to increase his scores

another thing that went rather unoticed here was the creation of playable satelite of Georgia, called Mughal and in hoi2, Pakistan...

Something took place in Asia, but I wasen't following it, but mostly a epic naval battle between Norway and Indonesia

At somepoint Africa DoWed Georgia and soon after that West apparently lost the naval side and agreeded WP, all except France.
Dude! There were more Italian ships there than Norwegian! And we won the battle, even if things looked grim for quite some time. Worthy of note is that the old wooden fleet of Italy, 127 Man-o-Wars, Frigates and Clippers, performed valiantly in battle and while all of it was sunk, it no doubt contributed to the ultimate victory. God what a sight, lines of sail ships firing their guns at modern Cruisers, Battleships and Carriers! It's this game's equivalent of the WW2 Polish cavalry charge, except this time the valiant won :D

Yeas essentially. Thougth Georgia suffered most as he had to stay in the war fully focused on frontline most of the session and wasen't able to do his last moment industralisation....and Georgia had propaply most potential to increase his scores

another thing that went rather unoticed here was the creation of playable satelite of Georgia, called Mughal and in hoi2, Pakistan...

Speaking of industrialization I hope we can get some stats regarding the current industrial power of the various nations. The number of resources could also be useful for a comparison between Eurasia and Euroamerica.

well the fact that I didn't at anypoint knew what took place in naval front in Asia speak much about the war in generall.

Speaking of industrialization I hope we can get some stats regarding the current industrial power of the various nations. The number of resources could also be useful for a comparison between Eurasia and Euroamerica.
As soon as KoM posts a converted save. Sometime tomorrow I hope.

Dude! There were more Italian ships there than Norwegian! And we won the battle, even if things looked grim for quite some time. Worthy of note is that the old wooden fleet of Italy, 127 Man-o-Wars, Frigates and Clippers, performed valiantly in battle and while all of it was sunk, it no doubt contributed to the ultimate victory. God what a sight, lines of sail ships firing their guns at modern Cruisers, Battleships and Carriers! It's this game's equivalent of the WW2 Polish cavalry charge, except this time the valiant won :D

This sounds very interesting. You wouldn't happen to have any numbers regarding the size of the opposing fleets?

Also, of course you had more ships then Norway, 127 of them were a century out of date.:rofl:

I only took a screenie early in the battle. I can tell you though that when it ended, both sides had less than 21 ships left :D

screensave8.png

The gallant courage to face your enemy and fire your guns, whatever the odds, is never out of date. The Italians died bravely in Singapore Strait, and not wholly in vain.

I blame the lag for the stalemate break. I tried to attack and couldn't withdraw and Georgia broke my lines as a result.

But then (as we have the stack rule of 20 divisions per province allowed to attack) African player deliberatly broke the rule By attacking with 80 Divs from single province, and that almost coused the front to collapse.

A TS shouting match started as expected.
During wich the African player tried to claim that a) he didn't knew the stack rule (wich he was constantly addressing to Georgia during the entire couse of the war)
and b) that he really doesen't care about the rules.

Give it a rest. This is for the Ederon forums, not the AAR thread.

Also, of course you had more ships then Norway, 127 of them were a century out of date.:rofl:

You're generous. I think they were more like three centuries out of date.

The gallant courage to face your enemy and fire your guns, whatever the odds, is never out of date. The Italians died bravely in Singapore Strait, and not wholly in vain.
Indeed. Their lives ended there in the Singapore Strait, but their names and their bravery liveth forevermore.

Some endgame plots, with a big surprise in the last-minute industry changes! Alas, the lag prevented me from doing much factory reshuffling - I could get people out of factories but not back in, so there are quite a few places where I've got idle industrial POPs.

warIndustry_1935.gif

To my surprise, not everyone got to Autobahnen before the end.

railroads_div_provinces_1935.gif

population_1935.gif