• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
KoM is a great threat to the world becouse one and only reason: He is in charge of the Ynglings...;)

Aw. But in this new timeline the Ynglings are all cute and cuddly and democratic. :(

Nonsense, they are ugly, beared vikings raging havoc and death...tiger without stripes is still a tiger...

my comics are proof!

IRON BIRDS AND HEGEMONS

Gollevainen felt himself so old that it actually made him feel almost young again. How many times he had now seen time passing into yet another era in the history of mankind?
Here in the land of Forrest, plains and rivers?
The old principal castle still reigned the landscape in the City of Uusilinna, former Novgorod of the Russian traders. It had passed on its purpose as a palace of government, the once hectic center of the Princely and later imperial majesty.
Later it had become the royal residence, then mere winter palace, and found most of the last decades as museum and tourist attraction to those interested of past glory.
Nowadays, it laid partially abandoned, though still politely maintained in tidy fit. People said that let the old lady rest in her memories and tend the ghosts and past echoing in her halls and passages. Apart from the maintenance grew, few visited there anymore.
Gollevainen himself had long stopped going there. For a while it served its purpose. Romantic trips along its empty interiors, mixing the memories of the place with his own, often finding good silent friend from the vast palace that Gollevainen knew so well. It had been his domain for centuries. The throne room, still decorated in the 18th century imperial fashion…The throne was so huge that tales and legend told Gollevainen’s to dwell there and whisper whit his pointed tongue ill advices and poisonous innuendoes to the ears of the who ever sat there at one time.
All that had been nice while the modern Finland roved on with speed Gollevainen couldn’t anymore keep track on. It was good leisure while yet not self-pitying, but more self-indulgent. But as years rolled on, their beat had lure that couldn’t pass away from Gollevainen’s ears.
It still called him to seek his fortunes. Nothing had changed. People in these lands still didn’t oppose him when he tried the feeling of scepter in his hands. So why drew away the opportunity when it remained there and nothing really advocated him to lose touch with reality that really wasn’t that harsh to sustain.

Gollevainen lifted his gaze above the castle. The croaking sound of the metal birds, the Finnish Air Force’s first fighter regiment doing overfligth rehearsals for the official state visit of the Chinese and Indonesian presidents for the scheduled Pan Eurasian summit.
Gollevainen gave the planes and the rewired EAC a grin. Man wanted to fly. It had been so since Gollevainen had arrived there back in the 11th century. Easterners wanted to stick together to destroy the HRE and the Ynglings….it had been so since Gollevainen set his first steps on the Principality back in 11th century. Nothing really changed. So didn’t Gollevainen’s dreams. He still wanted to hold the weapon of the gods, the one that could burn all his foes with fire that cannot be damped.
The planes fly by and disappeared behind the hills. For moment Gollevainen had a strong feelings reaching from the underworld. The flight of iron-bird made his nostrils widen and his backhair rising up. The weapon of all weapons was near…the flight path of the ironbirds would lead him there…follow their migration.
For moment Gollevainen pondered about to mention of it to the new Hegemon.
But then he had another flashback from the past. Hegemon…
When the Hegemon institute of the Roman commonwealth was announced, all of the then civilized world feared how the Giorgi III of the Bagratudi line, the feared Ceacar of Georgia under the prophetei rule would be a man commanding all the orthodox men-at-arms in his service.
They knew nothing….
Gollevainen still remembered Stepan Rurik’s Son. A gallant Novgorodian prince whom Gollevainen had made the emperor of Russian land and the man Gollevainen himself have ensured to be the first Hegemon that the history had known.
Gollevainen sacrificed few thoughts for the Chinese and Indonesians of today, and looked past the old castle. They can hold their tittles for now…but if the time will allow, There is and will be only one true Hegemon of them all….

For reward: Prestige
Also, this is my last Vicky AAR so thank you for all the fans of the cambaing and stay tune when nations starts rising against nations....

What, you didn't like our asian unions? Ah yeas I remember, you ratted out last time when we tried this to the westerners;);)
i am glad that you haven't for got about me. :D

I'm curious just what Georgia and Finland are being bribed with to grant their resources to the east... Seems to me without those two, Eastasia is one dead duck...

fasquardon

I'm curious just what Georgia and Finland are being bribed with to grant their resources to the east... Seems to me without those two, Eastasia is one dead duck...

fasquardon

The threat of invasion maybe? Of course the irony is that by agreeing to be part of this alliance any invasion will likely elicit a pause from Norway and Italy which will be significant enough to seal each of their fates.

I've been remiss; here are some plots for this week, beginning with industry:

warIndustry_1928.gif

France wasn't played this session, and in any case had agreed by treaty to reduce its industry. There are no surprises in population:

population_1928.gif

And Finland remains a backward, third-world hellhole. The destruction of Tibet as a sovereign nation did allow the Finns to catch up to them, at least.

tottech_1928.gif

fasquardon

Just because you led Georgia as an obtrusive pain in the ass to negotiate with doesn't mean everyone else in charge of Georgia is one as well.

I still remember the whole Fiasco in Crusader King's where you essentially stole the Crimea from me.

fasquardon

For Georgia and Finland, is there any alternative to partition at the hands of the great powers?

If the two try to stay neutral, they risk that Sid / dano / KoM / foel and consorts would pull a giant double Poland on them, and divide their territory (and resources) amongst them.

Well down to the roots, the PEC is the instrument and tool of the Peace negotiations my Borther, as the Georgian new perm and Danomite of Indonesia had after the last war.
The alliance of Asia made it possible for Georgia to accept moderately mellow peace from The Asians between the sessions and it gave Georgia a cruicial time for the last part of the Vicky to the new player to adapt into.

And what comes to reasons why Finland joined, Well Georgia made the call, and I had no luxury to stay out from the alliance.
And as I do overproduct resources and Cannot build army large enough to harvest them all due poor IC, what else I would do? - Give them to the nations that have been my enemies since CK??

Atleast with my Ever lasting dilemma of two strategical directions is Now solved. When my back is secured in the east, I first time have the change to fullfill some of my long lasting dreams in west.:D:D

And as I do overproduct resources and Cannot build army large enough to harvest them all due poor IC, what else I would do? - Give them to the nations that have been my enemies since CK??

You could have given them to me! I'm a kind person!

looks like PEC has won :p

there´s no way to stop an early infantryzerg in Doomsday
If true, c'est la guerre. And their loss, to have traded glory for cheap victory ;)