• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From the speed of its collapse, I think Georgia is more like Poland. Anyway; screenies. I skipped America and Africa since nothing very interesting is happening there; here's Europe:

Europe_TEINY_1905.jpg

where France has occupied the western third of Georgia, including all its European possessions and the Anatolian peninsula. And here's Asia:

Asia_TEINY_1905.jpg

where the victorious Chinese advance is, shall we say, clearly visible. Also worth a moment's attention is the fate of the much vaunted Tibetan Autonomous Region, cast to Indonesia like a scrap of meat to a hyena the instant it became convenient to bribe someone. So much for the famous Chinese unwillingness to alienate even the tiniest portions of the Middle Kingdom - but then, we all know that convenience trumps principle in Beijing. Or perhaps the cession is not intended to be permanent.

Oooh. The Americas united. Two of the world's most three powerful navies under one banner. I doubt the rest of the world combined could break the mighty wooden walls that now surround the New World and the British Isles. France and China facing the naval powers of the world. Georgia lying prostate under the Paris-Beijing Axis, while the free powers of the world seek to free their enslaved brethren.

First of all: That "wooden" wall is very much made of steel.

Second: What Paris-Beijing Axis? France is very much neutral in this conflict. It has already negotiated a peace treaty with Georgia and has no plans to waste good young men fighting another land war in Asia.

And third of all: ITALY!? Take one good hard look at our economy and military provess.

For some strange reason a bunch of players surprise surprise the ones from the Anti China front (with the exception of Norway) seem to be QQ'ing over the stack rules with thus far only vague reasons to be opposed.

This can't help but look like at best a subconscious desire to bend the rules to remove my advantages ie seemingly one of the few players who can make best use of the rules to return to the old megastacks of doom strategy that used to dominate ricky play which is also the only strategy that would actually work to some degree in an invasion of mainland china.

I can't imagine but wonder that probably no one would be seeking a revision at all if I had lost instead of Georgia.

the first non vague complaint is "stacks are too hard to manage" clap clap clap. The rules aren't designed to give advantages to non skilled players.

From a spectator's point-of-view, the only way this could possibly be made any more epic would be if the Indonesians (who are of course the United States of America in the analogy, the Norwegians being English, the French being Italian, the Chinese being German, the Georgians being French, and the Italians being really good at making pizza) broke their long isolation, and joined the fight to defeat the Unholy Alliance.

No Comment.

where the victorious Chinese advance is, shall we say, clearly visible. Also worth a moment's attention is the fate of the much vaunted Tibetan Autonomous Region, cast to Indonesia like a scrap of meat to a hyena the instant it became convenient to bribe someone. So much for the famous Chinese unwillingness to alienate even the tiniest portions of the Middle Kingdom - but then, we all know that convenience trumps principle in Beijing. Or perhaps the cession is not intended to be permanent.

As far Indonesia is concerned its taking rightful ownership of the region back, after disputes half a century ago lead it to being occupied by the Chinese.
Any attempt to take it by force by China will end in China's annexation.

Could someone post some info on the various military strengths of the empires of the world?

It's kinda hard to visualize the significance of the various posturings going on without it.

fasquardon

Drama:)

Btw, King Of Man, how did you manage to found full social care (full healthcare) from day 1? Using EU3 leftover treasury?

Wow, I had no conception of the complete disparity of power in existence. Are france and china mobilised, or are germany, transvaal et al really that irrelevent?

Germany has about 80 divisions in it's mobilization pool and Transvaal is building 99 divisions. France is mobilized and has about 170 divisions undeployed both regular and reserve.

The pictures also do a wonderful job of illustrating the originality of Sid's invasion plan. If the Dragoons were indeed pivotal in the role of the campaign (and not just national propaganda), then it looks like it really was outside-the-box thinking. Are mounted units really seen as a complete waste of time in MP, to the point that nobody else has built them?

While I'm sure encirclement is always a doctrine-of-choice, were this a real alternate (ie, no knowledge of the future and the strategies of our world) then I think right about now every other nation would seriously be looking at the merits of the horse... Speed and Mobility are clearly on the rise over raw firepower. Of course, massive numbers help to...

So France is once more at peace, correct? Presumably this negates the Norwegian DoW. And while there is much bluster and talk of war to come, the only actual state of war right now is Georgia-China?

The pictures also do a wonderful job of illustrating the originality of Sid's invasion plan. If the Dragoons were indeed pivotal in the role of the campaign (and not just national propaganda), then it looks like it really was outside-the-box thinking. Are mounted units really seen as a complete waste of time in MP, to the point that nobody else has built them?

While I'm sure encirclement is always a doctrine-of-choice, were this a real alternate (ie, no knowledge of the future and the strategies of our world) then I think right about now every other nation would seriously be looking at the merits of the horse... Speed and Mobility are clearly on the rise over raw firepower. Of course, massive numbers help to...

So France is once more at peace, correct? Presumably this negates the Norwegian DoW. And while there is much bluster and talk of war to come, the only actual state of war right now is Georgia-China?

Not really in any stack army the all inf armies will win against dragoons.

Back in EU3, I was worried that Georgia would become an insurmountable foe if not taken down ASAP. Back in 1500, no less. It figures that the Middle Kingdom manages to prove me wrong.

So, Sid. Tell us about those Dragoons.

EDIT: Also, regarding the PDNs Italy lacks, I'm pretty sure they just don't find it economic to build PDNs when Dreadnaughts don't come too far off - two to three years, if he researches right.

Last edited:
Italy has only 6 pre-dreadnoughts and a bunch of wooden ships???

I thought they used to be a naval superpower. Or are they building a modern navy now? :confused:
With the PC's already in construction I can face any navy in the game, thankyouvery much :D

As for the delay in building a modern navy, well, sometimes money is better spent elsewhere. Also I currently lack the ability to build better ships than Pre-Dread's and PC's, and I ain't gonna spend all I got on soon-to-be-inferior ships.

Back in EU3, I was worried that Georgia would become an insurmountable foe if not taken down ASAP. Back in 1500, no less. It figures that the Middle Kingdom manages to prove me wrong.

Georgia has awful geography. As France keeps demonstrating, she's vulnerable to two front invasions. In EU3, lack of coastal provinces (for naval limits) and the need to maintain a fleet in two oceans makes a top-class navy a real difficulty. In Vicky, the navy still has to compete for resources with the army (needed to guard those huge distant borders). Because the vanilla middle east is so poor in vanilla (in any game), and all the conversions are in part based on vanilla numbers, Georgia has to run twice as hard to get half as far. In every stage so far (though doubtfully in victoria now) Georgia ended as one of the great powers, and started the next stage as a medium power.

While it would be interesting to see how much better Georgia was without the 50 years I lost to a loan bug in EU3, and if Secrets hadn't botched the conversion, unless the other players were under the influence of secret Georgian mind-control lasers, I rather doubt Georgia would be insurmountable, only a bit stronger.

fasquardon

While it would be interesting to see how much better Georgia was without the 50 years I lost to a loan bug in EU3, and if Secrets hadn't botched the conversion, unless the other players were under the influence of secret Georgian mind-control lasers, I rather doubt Georgia would be insurmountable, only a bit stronger.

fasquardon

Loan bug?

Loan bug?

I had a loan that I gained through a game glitch, and could not be paid off. Basically I lost 50 years because my entire economy was going into maintaining this one loan. Eventually it had to be edited out, or that would have been all she wrote for Georgia. As it was, it destroyed my tech lead, consumed my cash reserves, forced me to sell out an ally and put me a generation behind in the naval and army race. I then had to fight a war immediately afterwards. Unsurprisingly, I lost, which lost me valuable trade ports, costing maybe a fifth of my income at the time. (While I'd eventually regain the trade ports and other high value stuff, by that point I couldn't use them anymore.)

Needless to say, that kind of a loss to a game hickup was a bit annoying.

fasquardon