• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It seems that the global population is now around 3.19 billion and growing at an ever increasing rate. I expect it to grow by another 50% at least before HOI. That means that your 1936 will contain 4.5 billion people. OTL world contain 2.5 billion in 1950. Also what happened to Prussia? Their growth seems to have stopped almost entirely. This has brought them down from on par with Germany to on par with Africa.

Norway would like to suggest that China not succumb to an overweening triumphalism, but instead approach its current good fortune meekly, and in a spirit of compromise. The sun rises, but it also sets; and no man should be called happy who still breathes. The last word has not been said in this conflict, and the end is not yet.

If you don't overly mind, KoM, I'd like to siggify the last half of that.

Next year, once I have out-of-college internet set up, I'm definitely going to have to get into one of these multiplayer succession game gigs. They look incredible.

I am a little against this "Indiastan" business. It's not as if Georgia was capable of taking on half of China before, let alone now. Once Georgia is crushed, China stands alone as undisupted hegemon of the East, needing only to sweep through Indonesia with its non-national pops to bring that title from Bombay to Singapore. After that, of course, HoI is a foregone conclusion, being mainly a manpower game.

I see Norway and Finland gearing up to prevent this from happening, though I'm very surprised at Indonesia. Out of all the powers in the world, the Indonesian Confederation is only threatened by three - Norway, China, and Georgia. With China and Georgia at loggerheads and with relatively similar power, Indonesia could easily claim neutrality, continue industrializing, and go on to be one of the world's greatest powers come HoI, and have the money to build a fleet that outclasses the Yngling one many times over.

With Georgia crippled, though, China really only has Finland and Japan to deal with overland, and while I have a warm place in my heart for Finnish necromancers, Sid has the manpower to just roll on over Finland if it came to war. I'd be very surprised if Finland, Indonesia, and Japan all combined could beat China at this stage. All it would take is one successful war to cripple Indonesia in Southeast Asia, at which point it doesn't seem as if every world power combined could force China to cede a single inch of land. Indiastan will provide the last bit of momentum that will push China through to total world hegemony.

With my 'death to China!' rant finished, I would like to congratulate Sid. It was a masterful bit of work dismembering Georgia so adroitly, especially when warfare in Vicky is probably the hardest in terms of the offensive - reinforcing costs org, as opposed to Eu3 in which it's done automatically, attrition is almost always punishing, even in lands you've conquered, and a combination of L3-4 forts and good digging in on a short border like the one you and Georgia shared is almost always impossible to overwhelm.

Siggify away. :)

As for Prussia, they've been AI one or two sessions, and nobody has helped them out with transfers of industrial materials and cash as happened to, for example, Africa.

With my 'death to China!' rant finished, I would like to congratulate Sid. It was a masterful bit of work dismembering Georgia so adroitly, especially when warfare in Vicky is probably the hardest in terms of the offensive - reinforcing costs org, as opposed to Eu3 in which it's done automatically, attrition is almost always punishing, even in lands you've conquered, and a combination of L3-4 forts and good digging in on a short border like the one you and Georgia shared is almost always impossible to overwhelm.

Indeed. Sid does have the skills to back up his boasts. Though one must consider that Georgia had to fight on two extremely seperated fronts at 2:1 odds. The war showcased Georgia's geographical weaknesses.

Also its naval weakness. France could strike anywhere along the Med coastline of Georgia; a navy capable of contesting the Med could have held off the French attacks, and perhaps prevented the entire war in consequence.

Also its naval weakness. France could strike anywhere along the Med coastline of Georgia; a navy capable of contesting the Med could have held off the French attacks, and perhaps prevented the entire war in consequence.

Indeed. Naval supremacy was critical.

Recent developments in exports. Italy leads the pack in exports per capita, while the usual suspects are at the top in absolute numbers.

exports_1905.gif

exports_div_population_1905.gif

cumul_exports_frac_1905.gif

Why is the IC a zero sum eg. fixed number? Why cannot it be relative to each nations individually so when no progress is made, the level remains the same? I mean the zero sum idea will just benefit the big monster states and us small nations (Transvaal, Prussia, Japan, Germany and Finland) with already small IC will never be able to beat to big ones and will just decline even more.

I think it's because of resource constraints in HoI. The HoI economy is difficult to balance and if you give the powers too much IC they will spawn monster armies of 1000s of divisions.

Besides, think about it this way, the growth of the big powers casts a shadow on smaller powers anyways, with zero-sum IC their absolute growth is smaller too. Instead of them having 200 IC vs your 80 you now have their 150 vs your 60. How is that so much different? He still has 250% of your IC.

It would be weird if all players in HoI2 would start out with 120+ IC and 5 tech teams. Someone has to play the minor power.

I'm not saying balancing the ICs so that everyone gets equal share, but to make the distribution little bit more fair. The current system of how IC is generated already benefits experienced vicky players in big countries, but the zero sum thing makes it so that the big nations will gain even more with the expense of the little ones. Why not making it so, that the big ones can gain more, but the little ones wouldn't loose they already tiny IC ammounts?

The current system of how IC is generated already benefits experienced vicky players in big countries

It doesn't benefit big nations, in the way you describe. Big nations doesn't have bigger IC per population than smaller countries, though it does have side effect - some nations may start with less than 5 tech slots and will have slower research.

Why is the IC a zero sum eg. fixed number? Why cannot it be relative to each nations individually so when no progress is made, the level remains the same? I mean the zero sum idea will just benefit the big monster states and us small nations (Transvaal, Prussia, Japan, Germany and Finland) with already small IC will never be able to beat to big ones and will just decline even more.

Fully industrialised, a nation with twice the population of another nation would have twice the IC. Fixed IC or not.

If there's more than the HoI IC, though, resources have to be adjusted to match, or otherwise the extra IC is meaningless, which seems a little unfair to larger powers. If the smaller powers sit at 400 IC, and the larger ones at 1000 IC, there's going to be no functional difference barring manpower between them.

I can't remember (as I lurked the GG a long, long time ago), but was a lack of resources relative to IC a problem in the Great Game, KoM/Sid?

Italian efficiency strikes again! :D

On that note, how will tech teams be determined?
It's a matter of discussion, though I have suggested that we use the vanilla Tech Teams and distribute them by draft.

As for Prussia, they've been AI one or two sessions, and nobody has helped them out with transfers of industrial materials and cash as happened to, for example, Africa.

As for Prussia, it's played by even more "vicky noob" than I am and I've actually being the one that usually give him hints...Vicky has came the paramount in our marathon, those who knew how to play it beforehand will fluorish and those like me who first opened vicky after our marathon reached that point will decline and look for the western shore....

Italian efficiency strikes again! :D

You only have a marginally better efficiency than me it seems. When do we see the vaunted 50% capitalist bonus?

There have been plenty of time to grasp at least basic game mehanics. If Prussian player is having tough time I will gladly answer his questions. I, too, have been bombarding King of Men with questions and Foel gave me some good tips too.

I did? Your welcome then! :)

There have been plenty of time to grasp at least basic game mehanics. If Prussian player is having tough time I will gladly answer his questions. I, too, have been bombarding King of Men with questions and Foel gave me some good tips too.

Well Falahk got the game minutes before the first session started;)

Anyway it's different thing to know the game mechanism than to play a conversion MP gmae and those who have done it before certainly have the edge...experience is a thing you cannot outrule.