• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You dont have hard numbers on what the actual efficiency differences are and my growth is only as fast as I can click the convert to craftsmen button.

Non-accepted culture pops are half as productive, so Georgian & Indonesian efficiencies would be between 70-75% of yours. Pretty hard numbers, I'd say.

And looking at the progress graphs, I'd say you can click craftsman conversions out a hell of alot faster than Secrets can.

And technically assuming your line of logic was correct your conclusion is wrong my 430 million is only as good as my 430 million, in comparison with say Georgia assuming only 50% is state culture then I have 430 million to his 215 million but even so he can still use wrong culture pops for industry and still provide something, so itld be more likely that he has the total effiency of 80% of mine.

My logic is correct. Half your population is twice as productive. To equal what you are now, Georgia and Indonesia would have to partition you equally between them... But maybe I shouldn't be giving Dano ideas. :D

This makes it so that while hes behind we are still comparable.

Hah, "comparable" is one of those slippery, hard to define terms, that is quite easy to make what you mean what you want it to. For example during the cold war, the USSR and the USA were "comparable" but one of them had an economy 2 or 3 times larger than the other... In other words, things can be comparable without being equal.

And besides he can still use wrong culture pops for soldiers and they are just as good.

Only if he has a full citizenship party that can promote soldiers, which I believe Georgia does not have.

I'm not sure about Indonesia, I'd hope Dano did a better job during conversion than Secrets did.

fasquardon

Non-accepted culture pops are half as productive, so Georgian & Indonesian efficiencies would be between 70-75% of yours. Pretty hard numbers, I'd say.

And looking at the progress graphs, I'd say you can click craftsman conversions out a hell of alot faster than Secrets can.

My logic is correct. Half your population is twice as productive. To equal what you are now, Georgia and Indonesia would have to partition you equally between them... But maybe I shouldn't be giving Dano ideas. :D

Hah, "comparable" is one of those slippery, hard to define terms, that is quite easy to make what you mean what you want it to. For example during the cold war, the USSR and the USA were "comparable" but one of them had an economy 2 or 3 times larger than the other... In other words, things can be comparable without being equal.

Only if he has a full citizenship party that can promote soldiers, which I believe Georgia does not have.

I'm not sure about Indonesia, I'd hope Dano did a better job during conversion than Secrets did.

fasquardon

I thought georgias liberal party was fill citizen :S But yes I have full citizenship.

EDIT:

GEO;1155;Liberals;1820;2000;liberal;interventionism;protectionism;secularized;full_citizenship;anti_military;all;all;x

he has full.

Fasq's statement was "if he has a full citizenship party that can promote soldiers." You'll note that Georgia's liberals are anti-military; they can only promote soldiers in wartime, when it's likely to be a bit late.

Not to mention that Georgia and Indonesia can turn just their non-national culture POPs into soldiers (where they are just as good as the nationals) and free up nationals for the factories.
I'm quite sure we adopted rules stating that a majority of a nation's army must be of national culture though, so even if the trick is valid it doesn't go all the way.

Another point of interest, the industrial POPs as a percentage of the population:

tot_craftsmen_div_population_1895.gif

tot_clerks_div_population_1895.gif

tot_capitalists_div_population_1895.gif

And the surprise winner is... Tibet! Looks like someone spent some money on education in that backwards mountain hellhole. With these sorts of percentages there can't be much except industrial POPs.

I'm quite sure we adopted rules stating that a majority of a nation's army must be of national culture though, so even if the trick is valid it doesn't go all the way.

Itll provide enough manpower though to imply keep reinforcing armies.

And unfortunately for that graph while its nice, a nice graph to be sure absolute numbers kinda matter more :(

Nah, I reckon it's all in the percentages. You should let fasquardon play Tibet, he'd soon have us all begging for mercy. :D

Nah, I reckon it's all in the percentages. You should let fasquardon play Tibet, he'd soon have us all begging for mercy. :D

Should let Tibet be playable :p

Just make a rule as a vassal he cant dow you unless you've already lost (aka 100 million georgians march over the border while you fighting rebels again :p)

And I like that capitalists per capita chart :p

Should let Tibet be playable :p

Just make a rule as a vassal he cant dow you unless you've already lost (aka 100 million georgians march over the border while you fighting rebels again :p)

And I like that capitalists per capita chart :p

No. Tibet as AI no ones gonna try to meddle with it, but with a player thats begging for people to barge in and meddle.

About resource conversion, you guys could somehow port Victoria actual production into HOI, coal>energy, iron>steel, oil>oil, and various things, like sulphur, precious metal, rubber, whatever, into rares.

(and then scale it so the total is like HOI, just like IC)

Of course, Norway wouldn't get all these juicy USA coal&iron mines :D

How are you going to make cores in HOI?

And the surprise winner is... Tibet! Looks like someone spent some money on education in that backwards mountain hellhole. With these sorts of percentages there can't be much except industrial POPs.

France is the winner! We have a higher percenage of clerks! The most important percentage of all!

Victoria industrial score increased by 3000-4000 last session, a huge number. Hoi2 potential factors in alot of other things, so until hoi2, Georgia is capable of being his equal.

What are the stats from this session, then? :D

France is the winner! We have a higher percenage of clerks! The most important percentage of all!
Oh please. What does the number of clerks get you? Nothing. The true measure of mastery is the Exports to Population ratio :D

Oh please. What does the number of clerks get you? Nothing. The true measure of mastery is the Exports to Population ratio :D

Clerks are the best! Fear the clerks!

(Plus, if you say "clerk" enough it starts to sound a bit like "smurf")

Bah, if it weren't for Blayne keeping me from Tibet, I'd show you both the true meaning of terror!

fasquardon

Bah, if it weren't for Blayne keeping me from Tibet, I'd show you both the true meaning of terror!

fasquardon

Hush little one! Go to bed!

(Plus, if you say "clerk" enough it starts to sound a bit like "smurf")
Actually, after having repeated "clerk" 20 times it sounds an awful lot like the Swedish word "kulör".