• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My oh my, this almost borders on CAOD territory.

Sid=Goonswarm, KoM=BoB (I do not ascribe to the BoB=good guys mod), fasquadron=the french, indonesian player=teh russianz

Please, by all means, continue, and link your other forum posts, this is fun:)

My oh my, this almost borders on CAOD territory.

Sid=Goonswarm, KoM=BoB (I do not ascribe to the BoB=good guys mod), fasquadron=the french, indonesian player=teh russianz

Please, by all means, continue, and link your other forum posts, this is fun:)

Huh, should I be complimented as Goons beat BoB... or insulted to be associated with **************....

Woah Goonswarms forum is a swear word? Thats... surprisingly humorous.

Last edited:
In my book, Goons and BoB are both swearwords (not meant as an isult here, though)

But I agree, somethingawefull is, well, excrement.

(as someone over there put it,BoB/Goons are the epeen and e-gina of EVE, roles switching from time to time)

Oh hey - this AAR is now the Weekly Showcase! Which does leave us with the problem of who should nominate next week's. I don't read a lot of AARs myself; anyone else feel qualified?

Many thanks to our loyal commenters who nominated us. We'll try to be worthy. :)

Last edited:
We need to nominate the next weeks candinate AAR thread?

Maps, ok. First North America:

TEINY_NorthAmerica1880.jpg

Fully colonised, we're just waiting for the prestige events from Nationalism and Imperialism - at least that's why I'm waiting. Once that hits, there's a partition plan - I get most of the land, Varyar gets most of the prestige.

South America:

TEINY_SouthAmerica1880.jpg

Varyar's in no hurry here, obviously.

Africa:

TEINY_Africa1880.jpg

Probably being delayed by life-rating issues?

Australia:

TEINY_Australia1880.jpg

Split between Georgia and Malacca. Japan was there before, but seems to have been persuaded to go elsewhere.

So that's the colonisation, now the war! Here's Europe:

TEINY_Europe1880.jpg

Notice the Norwegian landings along the Baltic coast of Finland, where I'm rapidly defeating most of the Finnish regular army. A closer look at some of the previous fighting:

TEINY_Lulea_1.jpg

So, three Norwegian divisions, twenty Finnish divisions; a month later:

TEINY_Lulea_2.jpg

50% Finnish casualties, 10% Norwegian casualties, while outnumbered 6 to 1! It's no joke to fight in Norway in winter! Then, too, mountain/forest provinces with level-2 forts, troops with dug-in level of 60, and heavy shore bombardments; and I also have much superior army techs. In short, just about everything that possibly can go wrong for the Finns, has indeed gone wrong, and the Ynglinga Hird is showing them the meaning of modern war. The agreed-upon peace, however, is lenient so that I can go after China; only the cession of Mariehamn - the islands between Sweden and Finland.

Finally, the fighting front in China:

TEINY_China1880.jpg

The stacks vary in size between 10 and 20 divisions. The Georgian attack seems to have bogged down, but the French are still gathering steam with little to oppose them.

Before i looked at the map, i thought that China was winning the war. Boy was i wrong.

Before i looked at the map, i thought that China was winning the war. Boy was i wrong.

well the chinese industry and population is mostly in the coastal regions so it may well be that the army is still intact and can make a comeback if the attackers can be attrited far enough. He would certainly have enough manpower replenishment at this point to keep fighting.

But that Finnish attack... oh MAN!!! For the love of god, Golle, you DO NOT march cavalry into mountains and forests when there is an entrenched enemy!!! Think of the poor horses! When the Finns retreat, the Norwegians will have enough frozen horse meat for the next ten years. :wacko:

There is very little that is worth bragging about, KoM, the Zulus could have held off that attack. It's certainly not enough to convince me that the Norwegian army is worth more than the boots they wear into battle.

It seems that at this rate there is going to be a war over Australia unless Secrets and Dan can work out an agreement. Also, is that Norwegian Expansion at the cost of Italy I see? You have gained territory in the southern United States, Jamaica and in South America.
It seems that China is going to start suffering from High War Exhaustion at this rate. So much of their country is occupied I wonder how he is going to survive.

It seems that at this rate there is going to be a war over Australia unless Secrets and Dan can work out an agreement. Also, is that Norwegian Expansion at the cost of Italy I see? You have gained territory in the southern United States, Jamaica and in South America.
It seems that China is going to start suffering from High War Exhaustion at this rate. So much of their country is occupied I wonder how he is going to survive.

Ha Georgia will surrender Aussie and Kiki land to Indonesian supremacy!

Don't send the Finns to the heroic deaths to a place like Vittulanjänkä! :D
Finland should just make a epic fortress in Lapland. :)

Someone save China!

There is very little that is worth bragging about, KoM, the Zulus could have held off that attack. It's certainly not enough to convince me that the Norwegian army is worth more than the boots they wear into battle.

Shush! It was a great and epic victory. And let's note that Cannae required not only a Hannibal, but a Gaius Terentius Varro; if my enemies oblige me by attacking in precisely the fashion I am best prepared to deal with, do I not get credit for being prepared? Also, I'm inflicting rather similar casualties in the more open battle at Vaasa, where I'm not dug in, although admittedly the numbers are more equal.

The Norwegian gains at the apparent expense of Italy are part of a diplomatic deal. Jamaica, in particular, was exchanged for the coal-producing province that juts into my lands east of the Mississippi - sulphur for coal.

Last edited:

The Georgian advance has been bogged down and the Japanese halted, only remains now is to contain the French which my next wave of reinforcements.

Shush! It was a great and epic victory. And let's note that Cannae required not only a Hannibal, but a Gaius Terentius Varro; if my enemies oblige me by attacking in precisely the fashion I am best prepared to deal with, do I not get credit for being prepared? Also, I'm inflicting rather similar casualties in the more open battle at Vaasa, where I'm not dug in, although admittedly the numbers are more equal.
:D From the screenshot it looks more like the first day at the Somme, than Cannae... yes being prepared is probably wise, I notice you had ample reserves standing ready in the second screenshot while Golle could not throw any reserves into the fight. Although given that you can't rotate spent divisions out of a battle in Vicky, I think it is not that good to feed divisions into a protracted battle because your weakened divisions may be annihilated. Better to have the second wave hit the province a day after the first wave starts the retreat.

How long after the declaration of war did this battle take place?

Couple of months, maybe? I was looking at events in China, where it must be admitted that Norwegian arms had less glorious achievements.

As for the reserves: If I'd retreated and then counterattacked, Golle would have been the one defending mountain/forest/fortified provinces, although at least he wouldn't have been dug in. My plan if forced to retreat was rather to establish a second line of defense and come up behind his army through Finland - total control of the Baltic, almost complete freedom of maneuver. Or march on St. Petersburg, allowing his army to sit about in northern Norway to its heart's content while I knocked out his economy.

Actually, you can rotate armies in Vicky, IIRC.

Force A under comander X is in a battle. Forces B&C under commanders Y&Z are sent to reinforce your position.

Now, if you click on the battle, you will see in the folating tooltip the three forces, with the one currently counting as "selected" on the top. Click again, and the enxt force will be selected, and so forth. Then they can be retreated withough losing the battle.

Works for naval warfare as well.

From the screenshot it looks more like the first day at the Somme, than Cannae... yes being prepared is probably wise, I notice you had ample reserves standing ready in the second screenshot while Golle could not throw any reserves into the fight. Although given that you can't rotate spent divisions out of a battle in Vicky, I think it is not that good to feed divisions into a protracted battle because your weakened divisions may be annihilated. Better to have the second wave hit the province a day after the first wave starts the retreat.

How long after the declaration of war did this battle take place?

The coalition DoWed china to which Finland had defensive alliance. As AGAIN (this has happened half a dozen time now) none bothered to ask woud we like to get DoW or loose prestige as well we decided to teach the agressors a little lesson....turned out tough that it was indeed us who learned few harsh lessons of vicky warfare. (was my first ever pvp fighting back there)

As for the reserves: If I'd retreated and then counterattacked, Golle would have been the one defending mountain/forest/fortified provinces, although at least he wouldn't have been dug in. My plan if forced to retreat was rather to establish a second line of defense and come up behind his army through Finland - total control of the Baltic, almost complete freedom of maneuver. Or march on St. Petersburg, allowing his army to sit about in northern Norway to its heart's content while I knocked out his economy.

Guess we know how to prepare to future then eh?:D:rolleyes::cool: