• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We have allowed non-text AARs in the past; I'm provisionally prepared to do so again, on the condition that your speech bubbles contain no dang typos. Put some care into it. :) However, as you say, I will reserve final judgement in the matter until I see the work.

We have allowed non-text AARs in the past; I'm provisionally prepared to do so again, on the condition that your speech bubbles contain no dang typos. Put some care into it. :) However, as you say, I will reserve final judgement in the matter until I see the work.

I haven't decided on the style yet, but I am going to quickly experiment with doing it as "Nation-tans".

Art style below.

agentarcana.png

Drawing modern clothes on Oots-Style artwork is harder then I thought, but I will try my best.

The End if Not Yet Splash Screen!

Here's the Roster!

nationtanssplasha.png

(c)2009 Blayne Bradley

Last edited:
Last edited:
I like that Fathernal finnish hand on chinese shoulder. Kinda puts things in its rigth perspective;)

Since we have some new readers, let me just note that, as we have a game session once a week, we also as a general rule update once a week - those of us who do update, that is. :) Slow but steady is the only way to make 900 years.

Still following too.

So yeah the problem with penicillin has never been solved? Nor was it ever seen who was behind it ? Maybe I missed something...:eek:o

Well now it's only a few generations until it gets historically discovered.

Yes, well, bit of a weakness of long MP AARs there: The Georgia player dropped out, so the whole Angel subplot is left hanging a in the air. I'll try to resolve it eventually.

History Channels : The Dawn of a New Age (AAR)

This is the story of Earth in one of its final eras.
An era of fire, an era of destruction, and the era we took back what was rightfully ours.
It was the era of rebirth, the era of great sadness, the era of pain, and the era of great joy.
It was a new age, it was the end of history, it was the era everything changed.

Hello, I am Peter Weller from the History Channel.
The is year 1836, and this is to be the story of the last century for many of nations of this world. Over the course of these next few weeks I'll be showing you all the highs and lows of this turbulent century, covering some history's greatest generals, politicians and scientists. You will see some bold new ideas come to light with just as many failed ideas. Although many records of this time period were lost in the following nuclear age, we do know a few things for certain.

First and foremost is China. A behemoth super power that steadily rose in power over the course of a few thousand years, while having just passed over line separating great powers from super power status.
While over the course of the next hundred years, China would preform a great many atrocities, it had yet to commit them yet in 1836. In fact in 1836 there was much great disagreement over what should be done about china. In the early years between 1836 and 1845 China had been proponent of stockpile mass quantities of small arms, artillery, as well as explosives. In addition they were known to be stockpiling other industrially strategic resources to slow there opponents.
In secret, China was preparing what would be the largest army the world had ever seen to date, an army numbering in the millions, including more artillery then he rest of the worlds armies and navies combined. Unfortunately political rivalries and distrust for one another prevented any real opposition to China until it was already too late.
How did the outcome of this first great war decide the future of the world?

Meanwhile half a world away, France was industrialization streak. By 1845 it had managed to produce my more modern equipment that other nation of the time period, no slow was in sight. Rumors even existed about a french ocean going steam powered ship that had sailed around the globe, showing casing the firm belief that the french were the masters of both technology and industry of day.
Little did the world know that french had other desires outside of realm of technological supremacy. Sure it is a well documented fact that France just a century earlier was an unstoppable military force, headed the by the worlds best generals, but in this era many believed France had turned a new leaf and was attempting to be far more peaceful than in its bloody past.
In the not so distant future France would be part of a great conflict that would decide the fate of all of continental Europa, Asia and Africa.
What path does France lead the world down?

Finally we come to the Americas, dominated by Italy and Norway, and a growing uneasiness over what little land remained unclaimed. Both powers hold stake to these valuable lands, lands that would later be the bread basket of their continent. Would this uneasy peace dissolve and open hostilities be declared?

Will China conquer all of Asia and More?
Will France have the diplomatic prowess to form a multinational coalition to stop this menace, or will it take part in the destructing of the civilized world? Will there be peace in North America or will it be East vs West for the next century?
All this and more answered next week.

I am Peter Weller for the History Channel, Good Night!

AAR Reward: Prestige

Disclaimer: I hold no relation to Peter Weller or the History Channel, and this a work of fiction for a game.

Last edited:
Obviously, don't place your bets until the chickens done as they say.

Can we have a list of who is playing what nation? I didn't know, for example, that fasquardon had dropped out, nor am I tracking which nation danomite is playing (although whichever nation it is I wish you better luck than poor unlucky Belgium had last time).

Can we have a list of who is playing what nation? I didn't know, for example, that fasquardon had dropped out, nor am I tracking which nation danomite is playing (although whichever nation it is I wish you better luck than poor unlucky Belgium had last time).

Sid Meier - China
Danomite - Indonesia Federation
Secrets - Georgia/Ottoman Empire
Von Runny - France
Kazmir - Japan
Falahk - Prussia
Ismael - Transvaal/Britannia
Varyar - Italian State of America
Gollevainen - Imperial Novgorod/Finland
Carillon - Germany
King of Men - Norway