• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had a loan that I gained through a game glitch, and could not be paid off. Basically I lost 50 years because my entire economy was going into maintaining this one loan. Eventually it had to be edited out, or that would have been all she wrote for Georgia. As it was, it destroyed my tech lead, consumed my cash reserves, forced me to sell out an ally and put me a generation behind in the naval and army race. I then had to fight a war immediately afterwards. Unsurprisingly, I lost, which lost me valuable trade ports, costing maybe a fifth of my income at the time. (While I'd eventually regain the trade ports and other high value stuff, by that point I couldn't use them anymore.)

Needless to say, that kind of a loss to a game hickup was a bit annoying.

fasquardon

Gah! Talk about getting raped by the game engine... :mad:

I had a loan that I gained through a game glitch, and could not be paid off. Basically I lost 50 years because my entire economy was going into maintaining this one loan. Eventually it had to be edited out, or that would have been all she wrote for Georgia. As it was, it destroyed my tech lead, consumed my cash reserves, forced me to sell out an ally and put me a generation behind in the naval and army race. I then had to fight a war immediately afterwards. Unsurprisingly, I lost, which lost me valuable trade ports, costing maybe a fifth of my income at the time. (While I'd eventually regain the trade ports and other high value stuff, by that point I couldn't use them anymore.)

Needless to say, that kind of a loss to a game hickup was a bit annoying.

fasquardon

I am still wondering... why didn't you ask for an edit after maybe 5 or 10 years? Why did you wait 50 years?

Btw, King Of Men, how did you manage to found full social care (full healthcare) from day 1? Using EU3 leftover treasury?

Simple: In the first elections I got the laissez-faire Liberals into power, and they cut the actual funding of the program to zero. It's been limping along on private donations and volunteers - ok, and the advanced medical research coming from Dovre - for 65 years now. The thing about Vicky proles is that they're not really that bright. :D

So France is once more at peace, correct? Presumably this negates the Norwegian DoW. And while there is much bluster and talk of war to come, the only actual state of war right now is Georgia-China?

The situation in the save game is that France and China are at war with Georgia. The diplomatic situation is that France has agreed to peace, China has not agreed to peace, Norway and Italy have given China an ultimatum, and Norway has never been at war with France - no, no, we've always been at war with Eastasia.

I thought [Italy] used to be a naval superpower. Or are they building a modern navy now?

They still are a naval superpower! More than a hundred ships! :D

But seriously, 6 PDNs is not a trivial force. Apart from Indonesia, the naval powers seem reasonably even matched - if you take the Norwegian and French total navies, it's a tossup between the ability of the CLs to tear apart PCs before the PCs destroy the MOs; and similar comments for the other serious navies. But in any case, since France has proven susceptible to the concerns of the international community, and signed a very lenient peace treaty with Georgia; and since Indonesia is, I think, not about to support China in a war, the naval strengths are almost irrelevant. China is completely outmatched, we can land anywhere along its coastline, but how much that matters, well, who knows?

you can land anywhere with a maximum of 20 divisions just having 3-5 divisions per coastal province will be enough to render sea invasion useless.

As for the war I had roughly 60 dragoon divisions each one with an engineer or guards attachment about 50/50 so that not only could they win fights but also dig in and hold on to the territory they took and since I was fighting in the ultra large siberian/central asian provinces they're speed was absolutely essential to moving through fast before they could react.

you can land anywhere with a maximum of 20 divisions just having 3-5 divisions per coastal province will be enough to render sea invasion useless.

Let me introduce you to shore bombardement. PC+ships can easily whip out a nice 80+% modifier.

And if they get to dreadnoughts, a simple fleet of 12 DNs is enough to make any shore defence (sans an uberstack) useless.

If they are not stupid, and why should they be, they will bring along some art/gurad regimented divisions, and maybe add an engineer. Good luck keeping those at bay.

Shore bombardment I think caps at somewhere or other.

Of course even if they do land they will only have a maximum of 20 in that province, cue my 100 or so divisions quickly surrounding that province and destroying it... all stack rules how I love you.

Given that there is an ongoing discussion about whether or not to remove the stacking rules, I think you are being very careless here in your comments. I would not talk like that if I was in your position.

If you make them believe that the stacking rule is all that stands between a renewed coalition and a humiliated China, you might just convince them to rescind the rule by majority vote.

No: For precisely that reason, the stacking rule will not be changed in the middle of an ongoing war. [/GM]

Looks like sid got caught cheating.

ScreenSave1.jpg

ScreenSave2.jpg

ScreenSave4.jpg

Last edited:
Huh? Whats the cheat here?

# Stacking limits

# At most 20 divisions may occupy one province, except when attacking an enemy-held province or being attacked; in this case, up to 60 divisions may be used. (Assuming that they can reach the enemy province from different directions.) If an attack is successful, the number of divisions in the newly-occupied province must be reduced to 20 as soon as possible.
# Only screenshots will be accepted as evidence of breaches of this rule.
# Any time the rule is broken, the divisions breaking it will be deleted by edit; other sanctions may be imposed at the GM's discretion.
# In the case of provinces near a fighting front, which can be assumed to have seen recent fighting, screenshots must show that the divisions' owner had been made aware of the breach, and had not begun moving the divisions after two weeks, for a breach to be found.

# At most 20 divisions may occupy one province, except when attacking an enemy-held province or being attacked; in this case, up to 60 divisions may be used. (Assuming that they can reach the enemy province from different directions.) If an attack is successful, the number of divisions in the newly-occupied province must be reduced to 20 as soon as possible.
# Only screenshots will be accepted as evidence of breaches of this rule.
# Any time the rule is broken, the divisions breaking it will be deleted by edit; other sanctions may be imposed at the GM's discretion.
# In the case of provinces near a fighting front, which can be assumed to have seen recent fighting, screenshots must show that the divisions' owner had been made aware of the breach, and had not begun moving the divisions after two weeks, for a breach to be found.

Basically the last gang war on China had it reduced to a stalemate where all the enemy could do was plop a 90 division stack in a single coastal mountain province and all I could do was fruitlessly attack it, this is completely unrealistic so we instituted stack rules as warfare should be about controlling territory not wiping out megastack and winning by only WE.

Looks like sid got caught cheating again.

picture

Technically not, I attacked from multiple adjacent provinces ie moving through the undefended enemy provinces that secrets decided to not bother defending and attacking from multiple sides, appears though I did not know there was a maximum limit to 60 divisions even if there is say 5 different ways of entering a provinces and attacked with 1 stack too many.

Hardly caught cheating and hardly "again" more a misinterpretation of the rules and I should point out something only being bothered by the alledged victum to look at because he lost and waiting until after the session to do anything about.

Had he cared about the rules or actually saw it at the time he should have

A) Paused the game
B) informed the GM
and C) Inform me so I could correct my mistake.

Technically not, I attacked from multiple adjacent provinces ie moving through the undefended enemy provinces that secrets decided to not bother defending and attacking from multiple sides, appears though I did not know there was a maximum limit to 60 divisions even if there is say 5 different ways of entering a provinces and attacked with 1 stack too many.

Hardly caught cheating and hardly "again" more a misinterpretation of the rules and I should point out something only being bothered by the alledged victum to look at because he lost and waiting until after the session to do anything about.

Had he cared about the rules or actually saw it at the time he should have

A) Paused the game
B) informed the GM
and C) Inform me so I could correct my mistake.

I believe that max 60 div stack is to ensure that 20 div defending province isn't overrun before reinforcements arrive. So you did break that rule, not that that matters much.

Of course even if they do land they will only have a maximum of 20 in that province, cue my 100 or so divisions quickly surrounding that province and destroying it... all stack rules how I love you.
Cue your 60 or so divisions, Sid. And note that the 20 on shore will be supported by another 20 from the ship, so good luck.

Cue your 60 or so divisions, Sid. And note that the 20 on shore will be supported by another 20 from the ship, so good luck.

Ship troops unload faster then land troops, so yould have to withdraw them. And good luck pushing inland.

Ship troops unload faster then land troops, so yould have to withdraw them. And good luck pushing inland.
Why would I have to withdraw them? If you're on your way to attack their presence is legal. Only if you halt your attack do I have to withdraw them. Either way, you'll be fighting 40 divisions :)