• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry to bring this to an abrupt end, but it looks like there is no such singularity, although it does get quite good, and I've been kind of sucked away from this AAR.

Here's a screen:

ts99crop.png

As you can see, the tooltip says 99% reduction, but the actual reduction from Practical is only 60% (there is also the bonus from Industrial Efficiency). Still, that's a 6.25x efficiency multiplier in terms of IC-days, not bad at all.

Umm why are you building those bases and infra? To get +1 practical from building factories you need 1732.4 IC/days - just a smidge more than airbases (1706 IC/days) and navalbases (1708 IC/days). But if you build factories you get their IC and the practical.

The idea was to match the construction time to the time it takes to research Advanced Construction Engineering. Infrastructure runs up your practical far more quickly than anything else--about 40% the IC-days of bases per practical. I don't know whether the extra IC from factories would be enough to offset the delay in starting building infrastructure.

so in the end it seems that for giants like the USA that have the resources to feed such an industrial mega-capacity, it is a reasonable approach and not too gamey after all?

I've tried this search for the singularity (started to - january 1937 only) and have over half my research directed at industrial, chemical, electronic basics while their cost is low, plus mostly naval stuff. production is mostly infra (across the rocky mountains - think expanded railroad capacity), industrial capacity and a rocket testing area. Also one line of carrier, battleship, subs, destroyers each.
not having to enter war for another few years, this seems still quite standard...

back to work (real work.. like office? heh)

That's what happened historically, after all :D A USA player shouldn't be satisfied if he can't lay down 10 Essex-classes and their CAGs while building whole mechanized armies and thousands of airplanes and hordes of smaller ships :p

An interesting experiment...

Who'd'a' thought you could "zerg" construction?!! :D

Rensslaer

You can zerg the rest as well after that.

Imagine Germany with 22 H-class battleships... in 1942 :eek:o

(Yes, I've been stupid enough to try that :D )