• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Evil4Zerggin

General
40 Badges
May 22, 2009
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Major Wiki Contributor
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
1 January 1936

The Oval Office

Roosevelt: Hello, Professor Einstein. I understand you have a new scientific development that could be of great import to our country?

Einstein: Yes, Mr. President. I call it... the technological singularity. If all goes well, it could multiply our nations industrial capacity manyfold. It is explained in full in these documents, but for the maximum effect, we must act immediately.

Roosevelt: Very interesting. What do you recommend as our first course of action?

Einstein: We must begin by expanding our construction knowledge. To do this, I recommend building as many naval bases as possible.

Roosevelt: Naval bases? I thought this was a scientific endeavor?

Einstein: It may have begun as a purely scientific endeavor, but now is the time to put it into practice.

Roosevelt: And what if... what if it doesn't work?

Einstein: All will not be lost. We can still develop our secret weapon.

Roosevelt: You mean the atom bomb?

Einstein: No, the Chronosphere.

Roosevelt: The what?

Einstein: Never mind.

----

Version: 1.1 Vanilla
Difficulty: Normal
Gaminess: That's pretty much all this is.
Everything in the country is human controlled.

Note: I'm a bit lazy, so this won't be a 100% to-the-hour speedrun.

Last edited:
tsinitprodcrop.png

Naval bases!

tsinittechcrop.png

Lots of industry techs.

1 September 1936

Roosevelt: Well, the naval base project certainly improved our nation's construction knowledge a little. But forgive me if I fail to see to see the point of this.

Einstein: Ah, but that is only the first part of it. New technologies have recently allowed us to improve our nation's infrastructure. This will allow us to grow our construction knowledge much more quickly.

Roosevelt: So, what do you suggest?

Einstein: A railroad across the Canadian border.

Roosevelt: What part of it?

Einstein: All of it.

tsinfracrop.png

Basically I'm building infrastructure in every province on the Canada border, every island in the Pacific, in Alaska, and most of Michigan.

What's your IC gonna be, like 900? lol

And I love the beginning: CHRONOSPHERE

Someone is going to send their Construction Practical through the roof and then start insane runs of IC :)

^^

1 June 1937

Roosevelt: I must say I doubted you at first, but the results are simply amazing! The Under Secretary of Commerce for Transportation reports that new constructions can be built twice as fast and for half the cost that they could just a year ago! What should we do with our newfound knowledge?

Einstein: Let me think a bit...

tspraccrop.png

Last edited:
Heh - that looks like quite a nice idea.

After all it's the New Deal - government construction jobs for everyone! :)

It's also making me think a cap of 40 to all practical ideas would be a good inclusion for a future patch - this one completely breaks balance :)

Yeah, in my first game, I focused on Strategic Bombers and got my practical up to 47 or so - they were cheaper than interceptors!

Umm why are you building those bases and infra? To get +1 practical from building factories you need 1732.4 IC/days - just a smidge more than airbases (1706 IC/days) and navalbases (1708 IC/days). But if you build factories you get their IC and the practical.

Anyway, this whole concept is broken. If you concentrate on a single field of buildables you can get insane amounts of discounts. This "new gearing" is overly complicated and it works as inteded only if the player diversifies his field of research deliberately. Pair this with a broken unit (some say militia on these forums) and you have a winning tactic that works everytime and everywhere.

Grand strategy my ass...

how's it going meanwhile? have the USA vanished in a bright flash of light?