+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In Search of the Technological Singularity

In Search of the Technological Singularity

1 January 1936

The Oval Office

Roosevelt: Hello, Professor Einstein. I understand you have a new scientific development that could be of great import to our country?

Einstein: Yes, Mr. President. I call it... the technological singularity. If all goes well, it could multiply our nations industrial capacity manyfold. It is explained in full in these documents, but for the maximum effect, we must act immediately.

Roosevelt: Very interesting. What do you recommend as our first course of action?

Einstein: We must begin by expanding our construction knowledge. To do this, I recommend building as many naval bases as possible.

Roosevelt: Naval bases? I thought this was a scientific endeavor?

Einstein: It may have begun as a purely scientific endeavor, but now is the time to put it into practice.

Roosevelt: And what if... what if it doesn't work?

Einstein: All will not be lost. We can still develop our secret weapon.

Roosevelt: You mean the atom bomb?

Einstein: No, the Chronosphere.

Roosevelt: The what?

Einstein: Never mind.

----

Version: 1.1 Vanilla
    Difficulty: Normal
    Gaminess: That's pretty much all this is.
    Everything in the country is human controlled.

Note: I'm a bit lazy, so this won't be a 100% to-the-hour speedrun.
    Last edited by Evil4Zerggin; 09-08-2009 at 20:48.

Naval bases!

Lots of industry techs.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    500k club

Someone is going to send their Construction Practical through the roof and then start insane runs of IC
    "Mankind has only one science. It is the science of discontent." -- Count Hasimir Fenring
    The Führer Goes Nuts! (and he's contagious) - An utterly nonsensical HoI 3 AAR.
    Danse Macabre - A Victoria: Revolutions / Hearts of Iron III / World of Darkness crossover.
    Updates on both AARs resuming in May

1 September 1936

Roosevelt: Well, the naval base project certainly improved our nation's construction knowledge a little. But forgive me if I fail to see to see the point of this.

Einstein: Ah, but that is only the first part of it. New technologies have recently allowed us to improve our nation's infrastructure. This will allow us to grow our construction knowledge much more quickly.

Roosevelt: So, what do you suggest?

Einstein: A railroad across the Canadian border.

Roosevelt: What part of it?

Einstein: All of it.

Basically I'm building infrastructure in every province on the Canada border, every island in the Pacific, in Alaska, and most of Michigan.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

What's your IC gonna be, like 900? lol

And I love the beginning: CHRONOSPHERE
    Mohammad Khan Qajar, Leader of the Qajar Tribe and future Shah of Persia, in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1778
    His Imperial Majesty Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany and King of Prussia, in KeldoniaSkylar's A Question of Power
    [18:32:01] <etranger01> At best I can hope for Lesser Satan status
    [21:25:41] <Frymon-[Mailbox]> Obama's policy abroad is like sitting in a corner eating glue
    [21:03:21] <RedNomNoms> Johnson is indeed good at Johnsoning

Quote Originally Posted by Lordban View Post
    Someone is going to send their Construction Practical through the roof and then start insane runs of IC
    ^^

1 June 1937

Roosevelt: I must say I doubted you at first, but the results are simply amazing! The Under Secretary of Commerce for Transportation reports that new constructions can be built twice as fast and for half the cost that they could just a year ago! What should we do with our newfound knowledge?

Einstein: Let me think a bit...

Last edited by Evil4Zerggin; 09-08-2009 at 20:49.

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Heh - that looks like quite a nice idea.

After all it's the New Deal - government construction jobs for everyone!
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    500k club

It's also making me think a cap of 40 to all practical ideas would be a good inclusion for a future patch - this one completely breaks balance
    "Mankind has only one science. It is the science of discontent." -- Count Hasimir Fenring
    Danse Macabre - A Victoria: Revolutions / Hearts of Iron III / World of Darkness crossover.

Yeah, in my first game, I focused on Strategic Bombers and got my practical up to 47 or so - they were cheaper than interceptors!

Quote Originally Posted by Lordban View Post
    It's also making me think a cap of 40 to all practical ideas would be a good inclusion for a future patch - this one completely breaks balance
    Noooo, this one must remain! It's superb!

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Noooo, this one must remain! It's superb!
    It allows four Majors to play Zerg as in Starcraft

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Holy shit I'm insanely jealous of your practical construction.
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

I really like the idea. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of your gamism .

This looks interesting. I'll be following it. But if this works out as I imagine it, Paradox should fix this exploit asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil4Zerggin View Post
    1 September 1936
    Roosevelt: So, what do you suggest?

Einstein: A railroad across the Canadian border.

Roosevelt: What part of it?

Einstein: All of it.
    Lovely

Very interested to see what direction you'll take this.

Umm why are you building those bases and infra? To get +1 practical from building factories you need 1732.4 IC/days - just a smidge more than airbases (1706 IC/days) and navalbases (1708 IC/days). But if you build factories you get their IC and the practical.

Anyway, this whole concept is broken. If you concentrate on a single field of buildables you can get insane amounts of discounts. This "new gearing" is overly complicated and it works as inteded only if the player diversifies his field of research deliberately. Pair this with a broken unit (some say militia on these forums) and you have a winning tactic that works everytime and everywhere.

Grand strategy my ass...

Practical needs a decay, and it needs to be a percentage, rather than a flat amount.

500k club

Practicals do decay by a relative value. Just nowhere near fast enough. A hardcap on Practicals would be more... practical

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

how's it going meanwhile? have the USA vanished in a bright flash of light?

EU3:HttT: Switzerland eating Germany - feels good in so many ways...
    KoH AAR: Highland Health - how the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle led to Scotland and more!

You know the theater AI demands insane numbers of units? You should just give them to them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast