• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New AAR: What Does This Button Do?

What Does This Button Do?
A single-player gameplay AAR
Playing as Germany in the 1936 Grand Campaign scenario
Hoi3 with Semper Fi patch 2.0 - no other mods or DLC
Started on July 8, 2010. The purpose of the AAR is to explore how the game has changed since Hoi2 and how the many new features are used. Incidentally, the AAR quickly went a-historical when WWII was declared on June 1, 1938 :)

New AAR: How the East was Won (Japan '36, SF 2.0 Vanilla)

Please excuse the delay with posting notice of my new AAR

Title: How the East was Won (Japan '36, SF 2.0 Vanilla)
SW Version: SF 2.0 Vanilla with no added content or mods
Set-Up: 1936 Campaign, Japan, Normal Difficulty
Start Date: 7/15/10
AAR Type: Mostly Gameplay, with some light Role Play, developed as a series of briefings and battle plans presented at the Imperial General Staff Headquarters.
Frequency: Expect a few updates a week, as the author has a lot of other obligations. Unlike my last AAR, I will not be playing ahead of the posts, which should make posting more regular.
Goals:
1) Demonstrate a fairly historical game played as Japan. I expect to have success against the Chinese but will be interested in seeing how war the allies plays out.
2) Experiment with playing Japan with increased levels of AI control. In my last game, I managed to start using the AI, and I will attempt to employ AI to resolve all major land conflict. I will retain some level of control for amphibious operations and naval warfare, but will try to experiment with that as well.
3) Experiment with a few new ideas about Japanese Army organization. For example, I have converted most Japanese Infantry from Triangular to binary, with artillery added in order to spread more firepower widely across the battlefield against China.

At the current rate, I anticipate this AAR going on about 3 months. It will end when either the situation becomes tactically uninteresting (ie Emperor Showa owns the Pacific) or Japan is defeated.

Results: This AAR was completed 08SEP10, at the game time of January 1, 1939, due to the loss of the writer's gaming PC due to a hardware failure. This left AAR well short of its initial goals. With that being, I did manage to demonstrate a good degree of AI control, and did fairly well with a re-organized Army. Overall, I would say its a pretty good depiction of how to win in China through 1938. I appreciate everyone's interest.

Last edited:
Title-Send him Victorious-A 1936 United Kingdom AAR
Game-HOI 3 Semper Fi 2.3, normal difficulty
AAR type-mostly gameplay, some narrative for flavor.
Frequency-as often as possible, several times a week at least.

Goals-Survive and advance the values of the UK from 1936-1948. Utmost priority will be given to defeating Germany, and if that is accomplished, attention will shift to Japan.

Nation: USSR
Title: The Great Patriotic War
Start Date: 1939 Scenario
Link:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11477372&posted=1#post11477372

Modifications: In addtion to the patch, I'm using the updated .lua and event files, DiDay's Common Weapons Mod and have tweaked the 'hard' effects by giving the Germans more IC & manpower
Style: History Book
Version: SF, 2.03 patch
Single player AAR
Description of goals: History book style hopefully mainly focussed on Great Patriotic War.
Real life date on which I started my AAR: 9 August 2010

Nation: Turkey
Title: Rebuilding the Ottoman Empire
Start Date: January 1st, 1936
LINK TO THREAD

Game: Semper Fi (2.0)
Mods: None
Style: Gameplay with some narrative, maybe some comedy
Version: 2.0
Players: Single player AAR
Difficulty: Hard
Date started: August 14th, 2010
Goals:
1.) I would like to have fun.
2.) I would like to entertain my readers.
3.) I would like to reclaim all the territories once under the domain of the Ottoman Empire.
4.) I would like to conquer the world (hehe).

I am starting an AAR called The World Descends Into Chaos
The country I will be playing as is the USSA
the start date is January 1 1936.

I am using the Magrathea: The Map Rebuilt mod on HOI SF 2.0

The Premise: The Great War ended in a stalemate. All governments of the world continued arguing about the peace terms well into 1927. No terms were found. The world broke apart because of this. Every country broke apart into multiple pieces with varying ideologies.

I started this AAR on 20-8-2010

Nation: Germany
Title: The Wolf Has No Teeth

Thread is here

Game: Semper Fi (2.03c)
Mods: None
Style: Narrative/roleplay in the form of speeches by the German Leader
Version: 2.0
Players: Multiplayer AAR (7 players)
Difficulty: Normal
Date started: August 26th, 2010
Goals:

My goals: To summarize game events from the perspective of Germany, in the form of addresses and speeches to the German people by the German leadership, as a creative exercise.

Game goals: The self defense of Germany after French and British aggression.

Last edited:
Nation ;Germany
Name;Red Baron's Revenge
Start Date;jan1 1936.
Style;Gameplay with occasional narration,screenshot and pictures heavy.
Version;semper fi 2.03
Single PLayer
Difficulty;Hard.

Nation: Argentina
Name: Rising Power From the South - An Argentina AAR
Style: Gameplay with lots of screenshots, maybe some narration/first-hand story-telling
Version: Semper Fi 2.03
Difficulty: Very Hard
Single Player

New AAR: Tales of the American Volunteer Group: A Military Advisor’s View of Nationalist China during World War II

Nation: Nationalist China
Title: Tales of the American Volunteer Group: A Military Advisor’s View of Nationalist China during World War II
Start Date: January 1, 1936
Link
Real Life Start Date: October 12, 2010
Game Version: SF 2.03b
Brief Description: The goal of this AAR is to 1)have fun 2)unify china 3)eventually remove Japan from the continent and see the war through to the end