• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In Search of the Technological Singularity
Started 9 August 2009
Single-Player
Version: 1.1 Vanilla
Scenario: 1936 Standard (1 January 1936)
Difficulty: Normal
Gaminess: That's pretty much all this is. Hopefully a little comedy as well.
Everything in the country is human controlled.
Goal: Abuse the practical knowledge system.

Ended 13 August 2009
Reason: Determined that maximum IC/time reduction is 60%, also lost interest.
In-Game Date: September 1937

Edit: Looks like it's already been taken care of!

AAR name: A Day of Infamy, Japan 1941 AAR.

Game start date: 1941 Scenario

Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422329

RL start date: 08-16-09

Players: Single

Version: 1.1c

Mods: None

Style: Mostly gameplay/history, leaning more towards gameplay side.

Goals/Description: Dec. 7th 1941 was a date which shall live in infamy, not for the USN, but for Japans own navy after the Pearl Harbor attack ends in complete failure. The goal is to perform better than Japan historically did.

Die Achse
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424306

Game: HOI III v1.1 using DiDay's Enhanced Graphical Counters Mod
Scenario: Road to wAAR German Empire
Difficulty: VH
AI setting: No AI touches my empire
Goal: VP Domination
Game started: August 21st 2009
Game speed: not enjoyable(it gave me the idea too write an AAR, damn you paradox)
Historical? Not really but i try the odd resemblance(who would read Germany AARs after all when it plays historically...?

cheers
Alex

Last edited:
I'm late to the game -- sorry! Busy with lots of non-AAR stuff.

Império Novo is a Portugal '36 AAR where Portugal joins the Axis in an attempt to rebuild its empire.

It is primarily gameplay, but will have some storybook/narrative elements.

This game will have a special focus on strategy (I wrote the Strategy Guide and Strategy Guide Supplement, as well as the Manual), and I'll focus a great deal on WHY I'm choosing to do the things I do. I'll try not to get bogged down in that, though -- readers do generally think my AARs are pretty entertaining, despite this granular focus (or because of it)!

This is my first return in public to writing dramatic fiction -- a skill I built and exercised in two previous works, Fire Warms the Northern Lands and Castles in the Sky. If you like my opening scene in Império Novo, I would invite you to take a look at the others!

Starting in v1.1c, though it may upgrade (or restart) to v1.2 when it comes out.

The first post (and a dramatic graphic, which is the AAR's icon, I suppose) went up on Aug 5, 2009.

Thanks, Stnylan!

Rensslaer

Nation: 1936 Germany
Verion: HOI3 1.2
Name: Stazi and Klien do Poland
Difficulty Normal

A 1936 gameplay/story AAR using patch 1.2
Historical where possible.
The two protraganists will be attached to Waffen SS units throughout the war. While this is a gameplay/story AAR, the story element will concentrate on the roles of these to officers, their highs and lows.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422814

Last edited:
Insights to an emerging war

AAR name: Insights to an emerging war

Game start date: 1936 Scenario

RL start date: 4th Sept 2009

Version: 1.2

Style: the comic way to express things always breaks through - not too serious - episodic - a bit narrative

Goals/Description: We will do as history did - only better. This one tests in what ways HOI3 plays different to HOI2. We will keep those secrets for us though, yes. We need that info for our crafty plan to TAKE ON THE WORLD!
*Hysteric laughter* And zat Plan works so much betta wis der deutsche Akzent. (And surely wis der Capitalisation of ze Nouns) *Mad laughter, fading away slowly*

Ach so, take der Link to ze AAR:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429244

AAR name: Phoenix Rising
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10125548#post10125548

Game start date: 1944 Scenario

RL start date: 9th Sept 2009 (scenario was started 1st Sept 2009)

Style: Summary/Story Form going outside what happens in-game while staying within forum rule boundaries.

Goals/Description: In June of 1944, the death knell of Germany seems to be sounding. The Allies have broken free of both the Normandy beacheads and the Anzio line and are driving up the mountainous Italian boot towards where the German defenders are digging in to hold the line. In the east, the Red Army pushes relentlessly onwards, heedless of casualties and seeking to bleed the Wermarcht from every limb. Through it all, an increasingly disconnected Hitler demands that his armies stand and die. Hopeless and seeing a need to beg peace from the Allies before Germany recedes into Stalinist darkness, a partially crippled Claus von Stauffenberg prepares a special briefcase for the insane leader...

My goal for this AAR is playing out a tantalizing "what if" using HoI3: what if a German army deprived of the madness of Adolf Hitler by Stauffenberg's bomb could have used their famous tactical flexibility to halt the West, East, and South offensives... and turn the momentum the other direction?

Japan - Land of the Rising Sun
linky here

Start date: 1936

RL Start: September 9, 2009

Mod: canuck 1.51

Description and Goals: Create the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere aka enlarge the Empire of Japan. Following historical paths normally, ahistorical where plausible.

Not a Step Backwards - A Soviet AAR

Playing as the Soviet Union in the 1936 scenario.

Using version 1.2, no mods.

AAR started on September 5th, 2009

Style is Gameplay.

My goals for the game are to explore the differences in HOI2 and HOI3, specifically as relevant to playing as the Soviets. Also, I aim to try and make best possible use of the AI in controlling my military forces.

All the above should now be added to the librAARy. Please let me know via PM of any corrections that need to be made.

Imperio Novo has changed to v1.2 -- a little of both, but a restart in v1.2

Thanks!

Renss

Nation: USA
Title: America awakens
Start Date: 18 september 1939
Style: narrative and gameplay
Version: 1.2 with a few mods
Goals: beating both the Axis and the Comintern
Real-Life Date start: 14-09-2009
Special: I played this game for 3,5 years as Japan and made them powerful (annexing China as a whole). In the meantime the US AI was stupid. I want to see if I can turn the tide.

Nation: USSR
Title: A USSaaR
Start Date: 1936 GC
Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428389

Mod: Using Van Damien's map
Style: Mostly game reports, hopefully broken up by a bit of humour
Why? Partly to explore if its possible to trigger a reasonably historic Barbarossa by keeping the USSR to mostly historic choices. Also want to test out the options inherent in the new Intelligence system.
Started: 5 September 2009

The AAR ran to mid-1944, with Soviet troops running riot in Arkansas! Learnt an awful lot about the espionage/politics systems and managing supply constraints - great fun, even if I never did get a Barbarossa!

Last edited: