• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
France 1936 AAR
Location: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434252
Started 25 September 2009
Nation: France
Version: 1.2 Vanilla
Scenario: 1936
Difficulty: Normal

Type: Narrative
AI: Everything in the country is human controlled.
Goal: Survive the Blitzkrieg. Create an army based on Special Forces. After that, I don't know.

House Rules:
No control of military beyond Army Level

Nation: Soviet Union
Title: (In the Planning stages)
Start Date: 1943
Style: Narrative
Version: Original HOI 3
Players: Single Player
Goals: Fall of Hitler's Germany (Third Reich), and the Axis Alliance

Start Date: Cancelled for the time being.
Link: Coming Soon.

Authors: Red_Communist (Main Author), and Defiler.

:D

Last edited:
Title:
German Militia AAR (Caution! Beginner!)

Nation:
Germany
Start Date:

Version:
HOI 3 Version 1.2 with slight modifications (changed all German non-HQ-brigades into militia brigades)

Difficuty:
Normal (Yes, I know...)

Link:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10233260

Started playing it on:
Saturday, October 3rd, 2009

I am playing with the that the night of the long nives went wrong - the SA survives, Army and SS are purged and Germany goes with "a people's army"....

However, the Navy and the Air Force will be state-of-the-art.

Warning:
I am a beginner :eek:o

Ended my AAR:

Name: A Day of Infamy, Japan 1941

Date(in game): March 1942

Reason: An onslaught of 1.1 glitches and AI flaws.

RL end date: last update was 08/30/09

Did I make goal: I did better than historical japan because I puppeted china, but did not put a scratch in the USN for the entire game practically.

Ended my AAR German Militia AAR (Caution! Beginner!)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435967

RL end date: October 18th, 2009

Game end date: January 1949

Reason for end:
- No nations in "Western allies"
- Commintern consisted of Red Chinese and Soviet govermants in exile. Only Mongolia continued to fight. As Soviet Union was captured by Turkey (NO, I AM NOT INTOXICATED) there was no way to supply my units at the Turkish/Mongolian border.

Goals fulfilled?
I would say: Yes, I had a lot of fun becoming the dominant world power using Militia units as the only land unit and a strange foreign policy (with Australia and New Zeeland joining the Axis).

Battlefields and Politics: Germany
'36 singleplayer Grand Campaign as Germany
HOI3 patch 1.2
Started on the 22 Oktober 2009 The writing style is a mix of gameplay and maby a bit of narrative. My goal is to grow as powerfull as possible but without provoking GB to DOW me.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439190

Just a note to say I am back from holiday, but am somewhat tied up with other things so probably will not be able to update the librAARy for about 2 weeks more.

Last edited:
Hi this is just to add my Turkey AAR to the list

The Nation that you are playing: Turkey
The Title of the AAR itself: Breaking the Sevres: A Turkish bull in the Mediterranean china shop
The Start Date of the AAR (usually the scenario start-date): 1936 GC
A Link to the AAR in question (either separately, or by hyperlinking the title): http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440093

The name of any Mod that you are using: None
The Style of the AAR (such as, narrative, gameplay, historybook, comedy): narrative mainly
The Version of the game you are playing (for example, HoI 1.1): 1.2
A brief Description or precis of the game and/or goals

Wanted to see just how much could be done with a relatively small country, that at least initially sat outside the faction system. As a bit of a constraint, set myself the goal of re-establishing the Ottoman empire of 1800, althought the first aim was to regain the lands lost at Sevres in 1919. No obvious end-point, but probably once 1.3 is out, or I get beaten by a major power.

The Real-Life Date on which you started your AAR: 27 October 2009

Courage Wolf Takes On the World: An Italy AAR
Started 25 September 2009
Nation: Italy
Version: 1.2 Vanilla
Scenario: 1936 GC
Difficulty: Normal

Type: Gameplay/Humor
AI: Everything in the country is human controlled.
Goal: Conquer the world.

House Rules:
  • No puppeting.
  • No alliances.
  • No mercy.

Finished.

In-Game Date: 20 October 1944
Real-World Date: 31 October 2009
Reason: Patch 1.3 is coming out.

Shadow * Axis Fini

SHADOW * AXIS
Ended 1946
Ended due to lack of interest (not enough real action).
Ended on Nov 2, 2009

Operation Barbarossa: The Guderian Plan

PERSPECTIVE: This AAR will play Germany against the AI Soviet Union.
TITLE: Operation Barbarossa: The Guderian Plan
SCENERIO: Initially Germany, 1936 "The Road to War," but actual AAR does not begin until August of 1941.

LINK TO AAR: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441838

MODS: None
STYLE: This is an alternative history gameplay AAR
VERSION: HOI3 v1.2
PLAYERS: Single player, single country AAR
LEVEL: HARD
OBJECTIVE: To explore Guderian's tactics in a recreation of Operation Barbarossa.
DATE: Start date is Nov 9, 2009, but it will likely take up to a week to get through all the necessary preliminaries.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

debrief DEBRIEF debrief

Most unfortunate this game ended in a tie. Goes to show how important Romaina was to the Axis. With a narrow front, the Soviets simply use unlimited manpower and defence-in-depth. The AI did a reasonable job of moving its reserves from one end of the battlefield to the other, and Guderian never had adequate reserves to exploit the breaks.

Tactically, the strategy boils down to combined-arms attacks with massive artillery barrages and building the most effective front-line and break-through units. Given air superiority over the entire battlefield, and considering the innumerable tactical bombing raids and dive-bomber attacks, the Germans should have slaughtered the opposition--but they didn't. Version 1.4. is now out, and it claims to have changed the balance more in favor of the air war, which is good.

This was quite a learning experience. I like to run the game at-speed and make decisions on the fly (as in MP), so diplomacy is something to watch more closely in future. Also learned to build a proper game chronology, along with certain mapmaking shortcuts, and that should enhance the experience more for everyone the next time around.

Cheers,

Valentinian

Last edited:
The LibrAARy should now be updated to this point in the update thread. Let me know of any mistakes

With SS-Wiking through Russia

Nation: Gernany
Game start date: June '41 and December '41
IRL start date: 2009.11.02
Style: Personal narrative/Fiction/Diary-style.
Version: 1.1c
Goals: To write a nice story in an alternative WWII
Mods: Map-Map/ van Diemen's[/QUOTE]