+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: HoI3 LibrAARy Update Thread - Report all new AARs here

Quote Originally Posted by Evil4Zerggin View Post
    In Search of the Technological Singularity
    Started 9 August 2009
    Single-Player
    Version: 1.1 Vanilla
    Scenario: 1936 Standard (1 January 1936)
    Difficulty: Normal
    Gaminess: That's pretty much all this is. Hopefully a little comedy as well.
    Everything in the country is human controlled.
    Goal: Abuse the practical knowledge system.
    Ended 13 August 2009
    Reason: Determined that maximum IC/time reduction is 60%, also lost interest.
    In-Game Date: September 1937

Edit: Looks like it's already been taken care of!

Einkreisung! - A 1986 German AAR

Nation: Germany
    Start Date: 1936
    Style: Narrative
    Version: 1.1c Hotfix
    Players: Single
    Goals: European hegemony and North American domination
    Real-Life Date start: 18 Aug 09

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...9#post10009109
    A journey of a thousand miles, starts with the first step in the right direction

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDiplomacyEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldLegioMajesty 2Rome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

AAR name: A Day of Infamy, Japan 1941 AAR.

Game start date: 1941 Scenario

Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=422329

RL start date: 08-16-09

Version: 1.1c

Mods: None

Style: Mostly gameplay/history, leaning more towards gameplay side.

Goals/Description: Dec. 7th 1941 was a date which shall live in infamy, not for the USN, but for Japans own navy after the Pearl Harbor attack ends in complete failure. The goal is to perform better than Japan historically did.

Sweden
    Scandanavian Empire
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=423127
    narrative, gameplay
    Ho3 1.1)
    Single player Taking over Finland, Norway and the baltic states
    August 18th 2009

Yes I would, and some spam too if you'd be so kind

England
    Comedy, Narrative
    HOI3 1.1
    Single Player, Facist England featuring people from the future! Oooh!
    August 18th 2009

Second Lieutenant HungaryForBlood's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The Horthy Maddening

Hungary, 1936
    Narrative, Comedy
    HoI3 1.1c
    1-player
    Silly/dictatorial style
    Goals: To amuse

Mods: Early version of kunadam's Hungarian Improvement Mod (changing text/spellings only)

Die Achse
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=424306

Game: HOI III v1.1 using DiDay's Enhanced Graphical Counters Mod
    Scenario: Road to wAAR German Empire
    Difficulty: VH
    AI setting: No AI touches my empire
    Goal: VP Domination
    Game started: August 21st 2009
    Game speed: not enjoyable(it gave me the idea too write an AAR, damn you paradox)
    Historical? Not really but i try the odd resemblance(who would read Germany AARs after all when it plays historically...?

cheers
    Alex
    Last edited by Obermotz; 22-08-2009 at 08:50.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I'm late to the game -- sorry! Busy with lots of non-AAR stuff.

Império Novo is a Portugal '36 AAR where Portugal joins the Axis in an attempt to rebuild its empire.

It is primarily gameplay, but will have some storybook/narrative elements.

This game will have a special focus on strategy (I wrote the Strategy Guide and Strategy Guide Supplement, as well as the Manual), and I'll focus a great deal on WHY I'm choosing to do the things I do. I'll try not to get bogged down in that, though -- readers do generally think my AARs are pretty entertaining, despite this granular focus (or because of it)!

This is my first return in public to writing dramatic fiction -- a skill I built and exercised in two previous works, Fire Warms the Northern Lands and Castles in the Sky. If you like my opening scene in Império Novo, I would invite you to take a look at the others!

Starting in v1.1c, though it may upgrade (or restart) to v1.2 when it comes out.

The first post (and a dramatic graphic, which is the AAR's icon, I suppose) went up on Aug 5, 2009.

Thanks, Stnylan!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Nation: 1936 Germany
    Verion: HOI3 1.2
    Name: Stazi and Klien do Poland
    Difficulty Normal

A 1936 gameplay/story AAR using patch 1.2
    Historical where possible.
    The two protraganists will be attached to Waffen SS units throughout the war. While this is a gameplay/story AAR, the story element will concentrate on the roles of these to officers, their highs and lows.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=422814
    Last edited by Bobb4; 03-09-2009 at 13:03.
    What would you call a pirate's after action report? AARG

Insights to an emerging war

AAR name: Insights to an emerging war

Game start date: 1936 Scenario

RL start date: 4th Sept 2009

Version: 1.2

Style: the comic way to express things always breaks through - not too serious - episodic - a bit narrative

Goals/Description: We will do as history did - only better. This one tests in what ways HOI3 plays different to HOI2. We will keep those secrets for us though, yes. We need that info for our crafty plan to TAKE ON THE WORLD!
    *Hysteric laughter* And zat Plan works so much betta wis der deutsche Akzent. (And surely wis der Capitalisation of ze Nouns) *Mad laughter, fading away slowly*

Ach so, take der Link to ze AAR:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=429244

AAR name: Phoenix Rising
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...8#post10125548

Game start date: 1944 Scenario

RL start date: 9th Sept 2009 (scenario was started 1st Sept 2009)

Style: Summary/Story Form going outside what happens in-game while staying within forum rule boundaries.

Goals/Description: In June of 1944, the death knell of Germany seems to be sounding. The Allies have broken free of both the Normandy beacheads and the Anzio line and are driving up the mountainous Italian boot towards where the German defenders are digging in to hold the line. In the east, the Red Army pushes relentlessly onwards, heedless of casualties and seeking to bleed the Wermarcht from every limb. Through it all, an increasingly disconnected Hitler demands that his armies stand and die. Hopeless and seeing a need to beg peace from the Allies before Germany recedes into Stalinist darkness, a partially crippled Claus von Stauffenberg prepares a special briefcase for the insane leader...

My goal for this AAR is playing out a tantalizing "what if" using HoI3: what if a German army deprived of the madness of Adolf Hitler by Stauffenberg's bomb could have used their famous tactical flexibility to halt the West, East, and South offensives... and turn the momentum the other direction?
    "The Fuehrer does not wish to solve the Danzig question by force. He does not wish to drive Poland into the arms of Britain by this." - Secret Directive to German army commander-in-chief, March 25, 1939.

"This is the maddest single action this country has ever taken." - MP Robert J.G. Boothby on the British guarantee to Poland.

"Without Russia, these three guarantees to Poland, to Rumania and to Greece are the most reckless commitments that any country has entered into... These are demented... madness... did the General Staff advise the Government before the entered into these commitments...? If they ever did, they ought to be removed from the War Office and confined to a lunatic asylum." - former Prime Minister Lloyd George

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2

Japan - Land of the Rising Sun
    linky here

Start date: 1936

RL Start: September 9, 2009

Mod: canuck 1.51

Description and Goals: Create the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere aka enlarge the Empire of Japan. Following historical paths normally, ahistorical where plausible.
    "History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Songtsen Gampos Might - The Return of the Kings

Country and start: Tibet, 1936
    Style: Narrative / Gameplay
    Version: HOI3 1.2
    RL Start date: 7. September 2009
    Mods: Weather fix(that doesnt work), 99 colours, adjustments to fit the alternate history

Description: An attempt to secure world peace!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Not a Step Backwards - A Soviet AAR

Playing as the Soviet Union in the 1936 scenario.

Using version 1.2, no mods.

AAR started on September 5th, 2009

Style is Gameplay.

My goals for the game are to explore the differences in HOI2 and HOI3, specifically as relevant to playing as the Soviets. Also, I aim to try and make best possible use of the AI in controlling my military forces.
    "Being a freedom fighter, a force for good, it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, it looks good on a resume, but the pay sucks."

My current AAR: Regents and Revenge - a CK2 one-shot

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    All the above should now be added to the librAARy. Please let me know via PM of any corrections that need to be made.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Imperio Novo has changed to v1.2 -- a little of both, but a restart in v1.2

Thanks!

Renss
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Nation: USA
    Title: America awakens
    Start Date: 18 september 1939
    Style: narrative and gameplay
    Version: 1.2 with a few mods
    Goals: beating both the Axis and the Comintern
    Real-Life Date start: 14-09-2009
    Special: I played this game for 3,5 years as Japan and made them powerful (annexing China as a whole). In the meantime the US AI was stupid. I want to see if I can turn the tide.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Nation: USSR
    Title: A USSaaR
    Start Date: 1936 GC
    Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=428389

Mod: Using Van Damien's map
    Style: Mostly game reports, hopefully broken up by a bit of humour
    Why? Partly to explore if its possible to trigger a reasonably historic Barbarossa by keeping the USSR to mostly historic choices. Also want to test out the options inherent in the new Intelligence system.
    Started: 5 September 2009

The AAR ran to mid-1944, with Soviet troops running riot in Arkansas! Learnt an awful lot about the espionage/politics systems and managing supply constraints - great fun, even if I never did get a Barbarossa!
    Last edited by loki100; 31-10-2009 at 12:38.
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III500k club

Shadow * Axis

Nation: Turkey
    Title: Shadow * Axis
    Scenario: '36 The Road to War
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=434218
    "You cannot have good laws without good arms." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

Courage Wolf Takes On the World: An Italy AAR
    Started 25 September 2009
    Nation: Italy
    Version: 1.2 Vanilla
    Scenario: 1936 GC
    Difficulty: Normal

Type: Gameplay/Humor
    AI: Everything in the country is human controlled.
    Goal: Conquer the world.

House Rules:
    • No puppeting.
    • No alliances.
    • No mercy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast