• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(74599)

Nexus 6
Apr 17, 2007
Sounds like you have a handle on what is going on with this game. Good on you. I haven't really had time to look through all your stuff or explore, but it seems like you have some solid ideas.

I just got Rome (gold) VV off GG and I the thing that is bugging me is some of the stupid Monty Python Latin names for the Romans. The "Blessus" joke is fine the first time out, but after a few goes its a little annoying. Has anyone done any historical work and put together a historical mod, just for the basic game?

On similar lines all the Cartheginians look the same as the Romans. Any work on that?

I am not looking for a full mod right now, but would like a few tweeks until I understand it a little better. Any help for me?

Heh. Seemed like this was where it was going on. Like as in any activity at all. Guess not.

Anyway, its better than all the shouting and screaming going on over in the HOI III forum. Maaaan. These people are wild.

You mean other then the fact that Publius Blessus, for instance, was a real Roman name?

Heh.

Well actually, playing Tylis, I have had several people named Unhygienix. Feels a bit silly to me, although I am not an expert on Celtic names at all.

Well actually, playing Tylis, I have had several people named Unhygienix. Feels a bit silly to me, although I am not an expert on Celtic names at all.

Please tell me that is a joke

I think its an Asterix name.

Well, I assume it's a joke - in the sense that it was probably meant to be amusing - but I assure you, it shows up once in a while. A certain Unhygienix Marganid might even become our next Archon. I hope that's not going to make the plagues even worse >_>

Well it may be real. Apparently, Plubius Blessus is a guy who is referenced once in an obscure Roman text in a passage about schoolboy humour written by Marcus Fabius Quintilianus, and not something from a rejected Monty Python sketch.

Ordralfabetix.png

Indeed, I'll be most upset if we have names like Getafix and Vitalstatistix in EU Rome

Sorry to upset, but:

names.png

While I understand that getting authentic names may be difficult given the lack of written records outside of that recorded by others. But atleast there could've been speculating and made up ones, and not comicbooks. :rolleyes:

Hehe, looks interesting. :p
Thanks for the bump, I had totally forgotten. The cartoon names are removed from cultures.txt now, including Asterix, Getafix and Obelix.

Last edited: