• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's a bummer when real life screws up your gaming time. :(
I enjoyed your AAR and look forward to seeing another soon.

Ah, real-life. I hate it. ;)

Well, you can count on my (and others, surely), to come to your new AAR, when it is up and running. And try to stop us from derailing, muahaha! :rolleyes:

Thx for the time, Chilango2, I enjoyed it.

Ah, real-life. I hate it. ;)

Well, you can count on my (and others, surely), to come to your new AAR, when it is up and running. And try to stop us from derailing, muahaha! :rolleyes:

Thx for the time, Chilango2, I enjoyed it.

I hate real life too!!! I'm working 12 hrs/day 'cause I must face some problems in my company, and I had really few time to test the beta. :(

Thanks Chilango, for everything you made. :) And best wishes to your wife. I wait for your next AAR, anyway... ;)

What now? We should wait for official release, I guess. I'll join the AAR later, when my real life will allow me. I guess within about 2 weeks. But I'll read any thread from this group of AARists. :)

I'm in the same boat as the above, it's a busy time of year at work and outside of work. I managed to download the initial 1.3beta and install it and found it ran much faster, but haven't had a chance to go test it out properly yet, let alone keep up with the continuing updates to the patch.

Might have to hold fire only the final 1.3 patch is realised and I find some free time.

FWIW, I repeated the experiments with 1.3 that I had done before with 1.2, and here is what I found: ltest version 1.3, 1939 German scenario all production etc on AI, OKW (Kesselring) on AI with defensive stance without objectives. No reorganization or moving of units ,except attaching air groups to armies. OKW did not leave any units on the Dutch border, and put them all on the French border, which may be reasonable since the only threat was from France. Nothing happened there (or I did not notice).

I tried with OKH under AI control, and with armies under AI control. I did not try with AGs under AI control.

With OKH under AI control, Poland was conquered in 6 weeks - about the historical time, as it was in the test with 1.2. Nothing special noticed, except that Warsaw fell very early.

With all armies under AI control with objectives and lines of attack, no detaching of AGs from Theater HQ, Poland was conquered in 5 weeks. There was no problem of units aimlessly moving around as there was in 1.2 when AGS were not detached from OKH, so at least this problem has been addressed.

This is only one test, and may have taken a bit longer than average because Warsaw did not fall on the first try, which may have prolonged the campaign a bit.

So far it looks playable with armies under AI control, but of course more tests will be necessary (I think there are some in other AARs, but I havent looked yet).

Henri

One very small snippet from a test with RC6. I gave STAVKA a defense order in 1936 USSR GC - Leningrad, Minsk, Kiev, Odessa - I hoped on this basis it'd keep the armies more or less where they start.

I think because Rumania is the only neighbour who has covered its border, its over-reacted and about 75% of the army is down there and v little left at Leningrad or Minsk.

My guess is this will rebalance once Poland/Germany either become a bigger threat or garison their border.

Two good things though:

a) having decided on this deployment its sticking to it - so no continual churning around'
b) reasonable link between divs and HQs, also front line is all combat divs, 2nd province back is all HQs.

Def def getting there.

As a small edit to this. Took the theatre off AI control and gave the 5 fronts defensive orders to different parts of the W border - the blob broke up, with some shift back north, but both S Front (which I ordered to guard Rumanian Border) & SW Front (that I ordered to guard S end of Polish border) are still clustered on Rumania - again I think this is as the Rumanians are, at the moment, the biggest threat to that area.

Allocation between units and HQs still pretty reasonable even after second shuffle, so it seems as if the AI is trying to think in terms of an OOB rather than random divisions.

Last edited:
Awesome AAR Chilango, I learned a lot and I'm very much interested in the game now. If only I had the monies to buy and it was available for mac. (I'm not in the mood to bootcamp.. I prefer a 1os system :D

I wish you had time to do a 1.3 AI AAR, but I understand your reasons and rl always comes first.

Can't wait to see your japanese AAR, hence suscribed :D