• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any option would require a significant expansion of the army, really. ;)

A better way to deal with the Soviets is to build and invest a lot of tanks, artillery and armor, and then send these troops to encircle the Soviet line in Illyria. A war of Infantry versus Armor isn't a fair war: Armor will always win (unless if the armor is being commanded by idiots).

You should send your entire air force to Tel-Aviv and bomb the Royal Navy. That force can be quite annoying to take care of, but it will give you a temporary moment of glory.

Don't give up on total occupation of English colonies, and attack also South Africa, as they have a "golden mine" in Cape Town. That mine may be a very important step on your war against the Allies and the Soviets.

A better way to deal with the Soviets is to build and invest a lot of tanks, artillery and armor, and then send these troops to encircle the Soviet line in Illyria. A war of Infantry versus Armor isn't a fair war: Armor will always win (unless if the armor is being commanded by idiots).

Snip

I don't believe Myth has invested any research toward those techs. What he could field now would be years behind the Soviets, I think. Of course, it is never too late to try to invest some time to produce armor and artillery that is nearly up to date.

That would only get him a couple of units at most. He need two or three corps of armor, at least. He also needs a pile of artillery and his divisions really need to be upgraded to three brigades. They are way too brittle with only two and not support brigade.

Starfury: What womble said. Also don't forget the Dacian and Thracian ports on the Black Sea. :p

womble: Too true. :p

The Messenger: Hmm, waves of great war era tanks very slowly rolling around behind Soviet lines...:D As for Tel Aviv, the stacking penalties alone would rape my planes, to say nothing of the Brits. As for South Africa, there's no way I could take it except with a sudden infusion of another two dozen divisions into theater which I don't think logistics could support. :p

Forster: Decades, even! :D

DanSez: Might be an option, though what Forster says is probably true. :p

Forster: Hehe, for a brittle army the Regio Esercito has done almost alright so far. ;)

Okay so I'll try to play 1943 today or tomorrow, but generally with the aim of getting started on the next chapter by Monday morning! Yeah, I'm a bit lazy and I'm working on other projects now that I'm at home and can take advantage of Princeton Uni library. :p

True, you've done quite well so far. But now you are up against one of THE major powers. I consider Britain to be nearer to Italy in power. What she has going is the navy if use right. And we all know the Brits try always to have a clear connection to the ports for their ground troops.

You don't have anywhere near the strength for taking on American or Russian divisions, especially when they are supported by arty and armor. That's why I say very brittle. :eek:

you should be able to get as many german armoured copies as you want actually. While at peace and not in a faction they can cost a whole lot even if your aligned towards the faction and have good relations, but when your in the same faction and at war you can usually buy a production licence for 3-4 dollars. So a few panzer IV (or panther if they're ahead in tech) corps aren't out. Doctrines could be a problem, but it'd probably take longer to produce them than it would to research the first two levels of blitzkrieg.

Eight months since I last came to this board, and I'm glad I chose this AAR to catch up on first. You've done a brilliant job :)

In war everything is simple. And indeed, ever since the day of the German declaration of war on the Soviet Union, Italy has been in a do-or-die situation.

Some delay was gained through the strategic surprise achieved by the Germans, though war in Dacia and in Anatolia was as much of a surprise to Italy as it had been to the Soviets. Though on the whole Italy should be happy the British failed to discern the German designs against the Soviet Union: had they known and postponed the admission of Spain on the Allies' side by six months, Italy would have been in a hard position to salvage much in Iberia besides Gibraltar and maybe their south-eastern foothold. Fortunately the Empire was spared this great trial of its strength.

More time was gained through the gallant efforts of Italy's naval and land forces in Anatolia and in Dacia. The deaths of tens of thousands of Italian soldiers were anything but in vain, as these bought the Empire over a year before it would actually be forced to 'do or die' - a precious delay which profited Italy's armies and allowed them to reach the peak of their might.

However we must be very careful not to assign to those gains of time the attributes of a victory. Wars are not won by evacuations. At this point there is very little land left which the Italian armies can trade for time. Illyria is on both Italy and Germany's doorstep. Though defeat in Illyria still leaves Italy in solid defensible positions, its fall would spell certain doom for Germany and, indeed, for Italy as well.

Mussolini's fateful decision to keep the dockyards and airplane manufactures running at the expense of a surge in the Regio Esercito's size may now come back to haunt Italy. For surely there was no point expanding the fleet further at this time, when it was already strong enough to dominate the Mediterranean, the Red and Black Seas, and the Western and Northern Indian oceans. For presently no increase in the Regia Marina will stop the Soviet Tide from flooding Austria and Germany - nor, indeed, will this dike hold should the Red Army mass four hundred or more brigades against the Italian peninsula. And after the loss of so much at the Soviet hands there is a limit to how much of Italy the Regio Esercito can lose, for what would be the worth of a fleet and overseas possessions in Iberia and in Africa when most of Italy is subjugated and starving? Certainly the Italian people would give up the fight, no matter how loyal to their Duce they may be.

The hour is dark, my friends. For the two hundred thousand valiant Italians guarding the doorstep of Italy are also the custodians of almost all of Europe. Should they fail, there will be little left to stop Communist tyranny from subjugating all the ancient and glorious nations of Europe. Let us therefore pray that these valiant men shall never be broken.

The hour is dark, my friends. For the two hundred thousand valiant Italians guarding the doorstep of Italy are also the custodians of almost all of Europe. Should they fail, there will be little left to stop Communist tyranny from subjugating all the ancient and glorious nations of Europe. Let us therefore pray that these valiant men shall never be broken.

:) Nice, and welcome back

Forster: Hehe fair enough, though fortunately the USA is still neutral and leaning toward the Axis. We may win yet! ;)

Tribal: Nah most of my books are on either Clausewitz or Liddell Hart. ;)

BlitzMartinDK: The stacking penalties are still pretty bad. I'm not sure if its because Paradox's fix didn't work or because this is a save game originally from 1.1 I'd put my money on the latter. :p

sneakey pete: With this AI, who knows how advanced German armor is. Might still be using Panzers 2s! ;)

BlitzMartinDK: :D

Forster: It does! :eek:

Lordban: Welcome back, my friend! It's a brilliant return post you've written, and well encapsulates the events of the age and their spirit. Though I feel like I need to explain why I'm still expanding the Regia Marina. I like ships. :D Also I'm looking beyond the bounds of this minor continental conflict. ;) Though I will agree, the Soviets are definitely a bit of a stumbling block! Also I like that line, about the Italians being the custodians of Europe. :p

Jemisi: Indeed! :D

Okay so I played 1943 yesterday. What a year! :eek:

Okay so I played 1943 yesterday. What a year! :eek:

its ABOUT time you found some time for us loyal devoted fans, you moderators are so lazy i swear sometimes :D

No, it was QUITE a noisy year he had...anything but quiet. :D

Noise with the Red Army banging on his front door? I hope so
13.gif

Tribal: As long as it's quite rather than quiet, yeah. ;)

GrenadierSchube: Hey I'm busy on other projects too! :p

Forster: Who's that? :p

Jorath13: Yep. :p

Lordban: Damn reds, get off my lawn! *waves shotgun* :mad: :p

I may actually write an update for tonight rather than Monday night! But we'll see on how my other work goes and how I feel later. :p