• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Brilliant update, as always!

I'm actually surprised by the low number of Soviet divisions fighting in Poland and the Baltic States. Judging from the screenshots you posted there doesn't seem to be much more formations than 20 or so. Hopefully you'll be able to reach the German frontline in eastern Germany and close a pocket which will further reduce the number of enemy divisions facing Il Duce and Der Fuhrer. Seems strange the Germans are unable to hold a front so weakly held by Soviet troops, but than again, the German AI is known to behave in very strange ways in your game!

Just wondering why you used a reserve army in the Ukraine, instead of bolstering the spearhead aiming for the German front? Seems to me the army with it's 3 corps could be of more use there than as a distraction in the Ukraine.

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice. Where are all of the Soviet divisions? What's with their AI commands (and "commanders")? Methinks the last two offensives against the Red Army had a more dramatic effect then I previously suspected. Definitely staying tuned to see how all of this plays out.

How's the manpower doing?

I'd like to see a northern corps of the italian army racing to the baltic and cutting off the entire soviet front from supplies but i think that's a little unrealistic.
Maybe i'd go for building some forts along the alps and the shortest line in yugoslavia. but that's take a century to make them worthwhile.
If the italian people are up to it then to go back and forth trading space and blood for pockets and encirclements ...

Well, I can just wait for the next update. Indeed, the jury is out.

honestly, I'm impressed, this already became one of the most comical AARs ever. With an exceptionally gifted writer like you it reads almost like a historically study - which let us really wondering about the real character of some famous studies... :)))))))

walnutr113: We'll see how it goes? ;)

Stuyvesant: No. The English Channel is a gauntlet and the damn Germans don't deserve support from my carriers! :p

Axe27: How interesting. :D

Enewald: Interesting way to look at it. Could be true. ;)

Lamahorse: It certainly is. :p

timkoningskelp: Well those screenshots are at the height where it compresses stacks into single tokens (or two if some are standing and others moving) so 20 or so divisions is deception rather than anything else. I used my reserve army at the Dnepr to stabilize that front and prevent any Soviet predations in my rear, basically. I have faith in my three attacking armies. :D

Juan_de_Marco: :D

Leviathan07: We'll see. ;)

WhisperingDeath: Hehe, I did manage to hit them somewhat hard although obviously not hard enough yet. :p

NERFGEN: Maybe back and forth is over now. Instead, just forth! :p

Maj. von Mauser: Yep. :D

wuffer: Well, even historians are human. ;)

ERTURKHAN: I think broadly the same, maybe a bit stronger, but I've not looked at the stats in a rather long time so I can't say for sure. :p

Next update Sunday! I'll be gone today and tomorrow, going up to see my sister in Amherst.

Found this AAR this week and lost myself read it from the beggining. The quest for sealing the mediterranean, the problems in Spain, the huge encirclement in the Balkans, all the strategic theory... can say it's being an enriching and pleasant reading!

Is Britain sleeping? What of that fleet in palestine, still there?

NERFGEN: Maybe back and forth is over now. Instead, just forth! :p

So, A mighty advance in a rearward direction? ("bagudrettet frontforskydning/frontudretning" in danish, a quote from the danish translation of a "Wochenshau" from -44..It was not allowed to say retreat... :D)

..although this might not really be a retreat, even though you are headed for the allied capitol! ..:wacko:

Peter Ebbesen was rather fond of the 'Advancing in retrograde' expression. ;)

I had forgotten that Britain still has its fleet - they just can't send the non-interned portions of it into the Med. Oh well, I guess your carriers can still do valuable service for you in the Black Sea - perhaps evacuating all those wounded Italians back home? :p

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice. Where are all of the Soviet divisions? What's with their AI commands (and "commanders")? Methinks the last two offensives against the Red Army had a more dramatic effect then I previously suspected. Definitely staying tuned to see how all of this plays out.

Although the numbers of Soviet casualties reported have not been that large, he has been destroying brigade and division size units continuously, and the casualties never reflect the true extent of the death and destruction Myth has wrought on the Red Army.

Peter Ebbesen was rather fond of the 'Advancing in retrograde' expression. ;)

I had forgotten that Britain still has its fleet - they just can't send the non-interned portions of it into the Med. Oh well, I guess your carriers can still do valuable service for you in the Black Sea - perhaps evacuating all those wounded Italians back home? :p

hmm.. I wonder if there is still that function in the game, whereby you have a chance to capture a ship if you overrun the port it is in? ..it is/was a rather small chance, but I have (in HOI1..)captured both a french battleship (italians overrunning port before Vichy) and danish/dutch ships, as germany..not in the same game, though..

Leumatiello: Britain isn't just sleeping, it's positively comatose! :p

ERTURKHAN: The wait will soon be over! :p

BlitzMartinDK: They may be allies, but they're almost as bad as my enemies! :p

Baltasar: Rather, "we're not retreating, we're advancing in another direction." ;) And although that sounds very tongue-in-cheek and denial-prone today, the context in which it was used it really did make sense. When the Marine Corps was withdrawing in the winter of '50 back south, the ChiComs were infiltrating around all sides and so they really did have to retake land they had already conquered before. :p

Stuyvesant: :p

Forster: That's true. :p

BlitzMartinDK: No idea. :p

Update coming up!