• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nikolai II: Thanks! :D

Enewald: I thought it was pretty good too, yeah. ;)

TonyJoe: Obviously the offensive is much more important. :D

Polyphem: Excellent. :p

Manu militari: It is. Now I just need to repeat this step another few (score) times. ;)

FrodoB: Read like my AAR in what ways? Style, or content? And actually, today's my last day at RUSI. I'll be back in the States within a week! :eek:

Zanziabar: It is, first publication etc. But now I just need to duplicate my success. :p

Stuyvesant: Hopefully I'll be publishing a lot, and not just in the next couple years. ;)

Forster: Nah, I'm not a famewhore yet. Wait till you hear my voice on NPR. :D

Myth,

Looked around at the site but didn't find your work. Could you point me in the right direction? Hopefully you were paid for the article, if so, welcome to the world of professional writing. :cool:

In an alternate universe, started a '38 scenerio where Italy works to complete the conquest of Africa. South Africa has made an excellent puppet as it immediately took over Gibraltar which their militia had formally been guarding for the British! Oil is a problem as Vichy conquered Iraq, so Italy is now poised to invade Saudia Arabia.

myth said:
Read like my AAR in what ways? Style, or content?

The style, hopefully what you were aiming for in the AAR - the quality of an historical look back at the triumphs of the Italian armed forces in the late war of Roman conquest, leading up to the new 'Pax Romana'. ;)

At first I wasn't sure if I was looking at the right article (I wasn't sure of your name) and there were other articles there. When I started reading, I knew it was the right one. The style is the same as your AAR. It is more "intellectual" than normal. It is more complex but it presents greater depth. There is no value in being like everyone else. Keep up the good work!

Real life > HOI3 though we all enjoy myths fantastic operations and assaults i dare am curious to what nation he would play next...

communist china cough cough :rofl:

now THAT would be a interesting feat to accomplish if you could unify it :D

Valentinan: No, not paid. AFAIK most academic articles tend to be not paid? Sounds like an interesting alternate universe too. :p

loki100: And hopefully the many to follow. ;)

Palmyrene: Thanks! :D

FrodoB: Hehe. I don't really have a conscious style, that's just the natural way I write. :p

shepherd352: Cheers! :D

Lord Romanus II: Yeah, but on the other hand busy busy busy. :p

GrenadierSchube: Yeah, real life is the major trump card. As for future AARs, who can say? ;)

No update this weekend unfortunately! My gig at RUSI has ended and I'm off back to the States on Tuesday. I'm now furiously playing the tourist in London. Yesterday was the British Museum, National Portrait Gallery and National Gallery. Today, the National Army Museum, the Victoria & Albert Museum, the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum. Tomorrow and Monday undecided as yet. :p

So, perhaps im a little naive as to what Myth actually does and this may be a naive question but would such a paper be interpreted by HOI3 as part of a doctrine upgrade? Or would it need to be a massive 50 page essay summarily taught in military academies?

BlitzMartinDK: Eh? :p

Palmyrene: Went there a few weeks back with some other interns. It was decent enough. :p

Sgt Jack: I liked the Schwerer Gustav shell. :D

Maj. von Mauser: :p

Zanziabar: You mean my publication? Well, all doctrine begins in the war schools. After all, doctrine has to be taught. But strategic culture isn't contained within doctrine. It is rather the collective mindset within which strategy is performed. That's not something you can change quickly or easily. And 50 pages isn't massive. My dissertation was more than 50 pages. If you throw this entire AAR into single word document (just the updates), it'd come to at least 300 pages. :D

Flight tomorrow, whoo! Packing today, whoo! :p

Imperial War Museum is well worth a visit if you have time, Myth.

And don't forget the cabinet war rooms. I found that an interesting experience.

And the HMS Belfast....also I could cry that she is the biggest RN Warship from WWII that was preserved. (Not one carrier, not one Battleship, not one heavy cruiser...they are all gone :().

Best regards,

Roland