• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mussolini should have one of the eastbound armies turn north. Actually, he could safely turn both armies north, as there is a) no oppositions in the east and b) the German formations are likely to push further east on their own, capturing provinces for him in the process.

If the push for Moskov fails, stop right there, have troops redeploy further west and get rid of that salient north of Hungary. Unless Hungary is a target for the coming years, Mussolini should consider getting them into the Axis. A fresh impetous of troops might just be enough to steamroll the Soviets in south-eastern Poland and encourage the Germans to finally get their act together.

myth said:
You realize it's still February.
Well, then, spring arrives and Colonel Mud makes an appearance :p

myth said:
If only the Soviet torrent could be delayed a little longer
And, at this point, the game crashes...
(or Il Duce wakes from a nap and it is still 1937)

I keep trying to click and zoom in to see where your 'mobile' units are, but they seem too far west to aid in the rush to Moskow, except maybe to attack and delay some of the soviets.

I just don't see how the AI can not turn Germany loose. The Germans should be steamrolling to close that pocket and be moving east too. This is with the most current patch?:confused:

well no Vic2 icon which makes me sad, I would fear a Myth Victoria game, though other than the push to moscow what else could there be? I do not remember if the British were ever beaten on their home island, maybe thats the next goal? or an invasion of the USA, then again that might seem like a suicide since we all know good old teddy loves his armies hanging out in Washington :rofl:, and with the Italian Army no where near in size, one will wonder how will the Duce will go foward after this momentous victory over Stalin, hopefully he will be hung on public display for the bastard invasions of the Italian Balkan States and Asia Minor:wacko:

Oo-er... The prize lies waiting, the Russians are coming and the game crash is looming. :p

Exciting opportunity with Moscow, though even if you can run in while Stalin is otherwise occupied, I can't see you really hold the city in the face of the inevitable Russian counterattack. Which probably shows my lack of faith. ;)

when he gets to moscow there will be all the shattered divisions rebuilding there. It will take some time to beat them all. Hopefully not too long.

I don't think Myth means 'shattered' in the strict game terminology, rather in the sense of having been completely eliminated in pockets and such, on top of the battle casualty figures. Given the way the AI fills fronts, if there were any previously-shattered units in Moscow, they'd be opposing the push north, no matter how 'rump' they were, only to, of course break once again.

I just don't see how the AI can not turn Germany loose. The Germans should be steamrolling to close that pocket and be moving east too. This is with the most current patch?:confused:

No SF, and (IIRC) the game started with 1.1 patch and done the updates on the fly. Which is not really the recommended way to do patches :p

Interesting to see the Soviet reaction. Losing whole fronts is one thing, but losing your capitol, is another.

Any intel as to wether the Soviets have a garrison stationed in Moscow?

Enewald: Psh, the Germans don't do offensives. They're too polite for that. :D

Baltasar: Interesting ideas. ;)

Polyphem: Nope. :p

Axe27: Indeed. My peace won't be bitter! :D

FrodoB: Yeah my mobile units are around the Dnepr somewhere. :p

Forster: 1.4 yes. :p

walnutr113: Perhaps, perhaps. ;)

BlitzMartinDK: As womble noted, I didn't mean shattered in that way although some probably have done. :p

GrenadierSchube: Zombie Teddie?! :eek:

Stuyvesant: Perhaps, we'll see what happens. ;)

womble: Indeed. The Soviet Union is facing a bit of a crisis. :p

Dakk: Too true. :D

Maj. von Mauser: No idea. :p

Posting from work. :p Also big announcement time! Well, it's big for me at least. Nothing to do with Paradox or games at all, but it is relevant to strategy. I have been published in/on Defence Viewpoints, the online publication for the UK Defence Forum! Whoo! :cool:

Posting from work. :p Also big announcement time! Well, it's big for me at least. Nothing to do with Paradox or games at all, but it is relevant to strategy. I have been published in/on Defence Viewpoints, the online publication for the UK Defence Forum! Whoo! :cool:

Congratulations :D

Congrats on the publication. :cool:

I'm parsing it into smaller chunks so maybe I can digest it. Does read a bit like your AAR. :p

So, a week or 2 and 'playtime' at the internship is over, huh.