• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enewald: They're basically sitting around doing nothing much, now that the Soviets have arrived to sit in front of them. :p

If you're lucky they'll do something sensible, like protecting your advancing troops flanks... although I rather expect them to just move about without aim. Cracking open that Russian front west of your positions seems to be imperative, it'd swing the balance of power in favor of the Germans and thus in yours too. However, that might lead to Germany occupying Russia in the end. A truly double edged sword.

Man, I step away for a few days and have pages to catch up. Too bad about those crashes. I would rather you try to keep going, but if you can't, you can't.
Maybe you could start a new one using Japan to test your theories. I am sure many of us would enjoy that.
Now I have to go back to trying to find out why Starcraft II loads but the @$$#$$# patch won't. :mad:

The interesting thing about imagining the world of the New Roman Empire following a negotiated peace is, that at this point it would come in 1945 with just about all of Mussolini's ambitions realized. Oh, for sure Britania is not under control, but without the support of Russia (or the US), it becomes a rump capable of only annoying the Med around the edges.

During WW2 there was a very strong (initially) movement within the US to keep it neutral toward Germany. This worked in part because of the influence and pervasiveness of German-descendants in the states. However, Italian influence at that time was even stronger in some ways, linked as it was to the rise of prohibition mafia (only partly Italian, I know), and therefore black money. Also, the Italian immigration wave was much more recent, with increased homeland ties accordingly.

It seems likely to me that throughout the Great European War the Italian mob and political organizations have been working overtime to shade Mussolini's actions in the best possible light. For example--the interventions in chaotic Spain, to restore order for the common people; the aggressive defense of Eastern Italy against the Yugo-Turkish alliance; the other Balkan adventures in response to mobilizations by Greece, Romania and Bulgaria; and of course British aggression against Italy's friend, Germany.

During negotiations, I'm sure that Mussolini could win further favor by arranging a territorial swap with Germany: France (Gaul) for formerly Soviet territory in the east, save perhaps for the provinces of Galicia and Scythia on the Black Sea. The French would welcome non-German occupation, I'm sure. Also, in 1948 Mussolini could announce the formation of the autonomous region of Israel, winning more points with Truman and wide swaths of the US populace. Historically, Mussolini (or at least the Italian people--including the bureaucracy) were actively blocking efforts by the SS to round up Italian Jews, an effort that only got going after control was seized following Italian capitulation.

And of course, who knows how Roman-German relations will evolve, as an increasingly insane, syphilitic Hitler fumes over Roman triumphs and German inadequacies.

There's alot to write about how Mussolini continues the war, since politics is war by other means.

--Khanwulf

Sad to hear about this crash. But this is an excellent AAR.

I look forward to seeing your progress!

I don't know. I think at this point it might be time to call the war won and move on. It seems that at this point all that's left to do is to chase the remnants of empire around eurasia and africa. I'd rather start something new.

rasmus40: Last time I only had one army. :D

Baltasar: A pact with the German is a devil's pact, ain't it. :p

Valentinan: Whooo! :p

Forster: There may be a Japan game in the future, dunno. I've not thought about it at all. :p

Khanwulf: Politics is war by other means?! Good god no. That's Ludendorff, not Clausewitz. A genocidal maniac, not a level-headed realist. Nothing can supersede politics, it is the basis of all the social sciences, more or less. War is only a political act. :p

Maj. von Mauser: And progress I shall make! :p

tzerkit69: I'll go up to the crash. It'll be good. ;)

Since I won't have the opportunity to write anything this weekend, I'll see if I can be bothered to write anything during the week, but I make no promises. I write enough at RUSI as it is. :p

I know this isnt the right place to post this but since a lot of people read this thread I thought it would be better than putting it in a questions thread.

1. How do you strategically redeploy

2. How do you lower dissent, I am getting revolts every two or three turns

Yeah, I would have posted this somewhere else but.....

1) Select the division (or whatever) and CTRL right click the place you want to send them to and then you can hit strategic redeploy. Off they go. Important to note that you can only redeploy through your territory and I believe your unit acts as though it was just in battle (attack cool-down, so you can't attack immediately after redeploying)

2) You lower dissent by producing more consumer goods or whatever on the industry screen than is usually needed. For example, if 60 IC is usually required, up it to 70 to lower dissent. The more over the required/recommended amount, the faster dissent will go down. Unless you are talking about revoltrisk, in which case I believe you just must tough it out or put police garrisons everywhere.

Brad1: Indeed, indeed. :p

Jemisi: Uraaah! Wait, no, that's Berlin. :p

Stuyvesant: Yep. :D

Germanicus23: Questions already answered. :p

Kman211: Yep. :p

Germanicus23: No problem (I'm taking credit for other people's work!) :D

So no update this past weekend obviously, since I was at that conference in Cambridge. It was a very good conference, lots of interesting papers ranging from ideals of manliness in English Civil Wars through to Sikh just war theory and the outsourcing of war to mercenaries. To make up for the fact that there probably won't be another update before next weekend, here's a recent picture of me to shatter all those preconceptions you may or may not have (depending on whether you've read POF) about how I look. :D

rusime.jpg

Didn't expect the 'stache, loving it! Can't say the same for the hair, though! :p

What a cute little mustache.;) You look younger than I anticipated.

The "old you" that you posted in I think Bayonets made of Milk looked better. :D
What? The 'stache creeps me out. :)

The haircut was within expected parameters. As were the existence of the glasses (but for some reason, I think they soften your face too much?). The moustache is well within order, but frankly, reminds me of the 19th Century a little bit... are you sure you shouldn't be describing Victoria 2's strategic warfare...?

What completely and utterly throws me is the suit. A SUIT? I know your research domain has a relatively more conservative cultural outlook than my own, but... I don't know. A suit?

:) Glad you're enjoying the pace of work in your study.