• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm slightly confused as to what British and Persian troops are doing in the Soviet line? They are not allies so how can they cross each others territory? Aside from that splendid progress looking forward to seeing the Soviets being squashed.

Nicely executed. If you can keep the neck closed the absolute losses of MP for Soviets will far outweigh your battle casualties I have to think. Estimate of how many enemy brigades were in this theatre when the operation started?

Hmm my guess is that you will also ship in more units from Istanbul to Dacia to cement it. Have your planes sortied above Anatolia and how empty is it?

Don't listen to us. Just stick to your own plan. It seems to be working, so far...
By the way : "just over one hundred and eleven deaths an hour during the thirteen days covered" -would that have been losses as seen in real life?, or, did the varius powers suffer losses on this scale during WW2? If so, it puts the losses in the current war(s) into some perspective..Although Afghanistan might not even be called a war, by the standards of 1940...

By the way : "just over one hundred and eleven deaths an hour during the thirteen days covered" -would that have been losses as seen in real life?, or, did the varius powers suffer losses on this scale during WW2?

Since I'm too lazy to check things up well, I'll just note that US casualties during WW2 were "low" at four hundred thousand, or 0.3% of the population, and still amounted to 416 casualties per day when spread across the entire conflict.

Germany lost more than ten times as many, Russia more than twenty times as many, counting military deaths alone. So yes, it was a sad and bloody conflict. Now go watch Saving Private Ryan, and consider how small the area and timeframe of the entire movie, when compared to a HoI game.. :eek:

Knocking out a dozend divisions will damage the Red Army operational flexibility on the Balkans quite a lot, but the loss of their supply links will hurt them even more. Just hope your screening force in the north will not have to face Russian relieve forces from the north. Stalin could decided to let the Germans get away in Finland in order to shuffle his forces down to the south.

Wondering why the Russians don't send forces to Anatolia, I had hoped that this area would attact their attention, too. May be an opportunistic landing in Smolensk wouldn't be that bad an idea after all?

Things look promising, but that has been said before. I wonder how long until a lack of supply hinders the Soviet Front.

I forget - are you logistic-striking north of the Dacian Neck? Since you've cut off the Soviet troops on the Balkans, since they've been marching gaily to and fro, they've been under pretty sustained attack in Bosnia and you bombed their rear in preparation of your anvil-hammer attach, I expect that your screening forces in the Neck will be able to resist attacks from the inside of the 'pocket'. It'd be a different story if Uncle Joe can throw a few armies against them from the North/East (if they are well-supplied). Hence my question: any logistical strikes north of the Neck?

loki100: Yep, I'd agree with you there. :p

Enewald: I think manpower reserves for both the SU and Germany are nonexistent. Also, now I don't really have any more troops to throw at the Soviets. Not yet, anyway. :p

Avatar018: They're there for the same reason the Soviets were helping the Finns despite them being in the Allies. IE, god knows. :p

True Grit: About 1.2 million, evenly split between me/Germans and Soviets/British/Persians, maybe?

Juan_de_Marco: No point, Anatolia's clearly a backwater. I have a little buffer zone there now so if any Soviet units do happen to appear, I'll be warned. :p

BlitzMartinDK: Well a very rough calculation of WW2, taking the most widely held figures of 50 million (albeit I'm unsure now whether this does or does not include unmentionables) for the entire world, divided by 60 months (length of WW2 yes?), and again by 30 (rounding month lengths HoI2 style) and then by 24 gets us 1157.4. Yeah, that'd be deaths per hour, worldwide (including civilians). So uhhh, huh. :p

Nikolai II: Teehee Saving Private Ryan. ;)

Baltasar: Smolensk? Are you sure you mean Smolensk? What do you want me to do, build some longships and sail up the Dnepr like the vikings? :D

Maj. von Mauser: I've got no idea either. The Soviet supply situation from the start was dodgy, with some fights them being completely out of supply and others not. :p

Stuyvesant: Yeah, north of the neck is all logistical strikes by da Zara entire air force, which is 8 CAGs. :p

Baltasar: Smolensk? Are you sure you mean Smolensk? What do you want me to do, build some longships and sail up the Dnepr like the vikings? :D

I was of course referring to Sevastopol. Although, with all that carrier aviation at your disposal, why not use the rivers too? ;)

Wonder what the Soviets will do to the German front if you are successful in eliminating this small pocket. How are your reinforcements doing? Are you still able to cover losses?

Those Soviet formations yanked from the Finnish area are headed your way, I hope you have a plan for dealing with them or this will be a repeat of the last time. Seems like the encirclements of Soviet forces are happening earlier this time though. Good Luck:)

Good work from the cavalry. The question that is in my mind is this, can six damaged Italian armies hold the Dacian neck even after destroying the Soviet Balkan Armies? I suppose they can if there is a barren, no infra zone facing them right across the front.

BlitzMartinDK: What? No my casualties are significantly less. Only one tenth, in fact. :p

Baltasar: I'm not sure that even the Dnepr is big enough to allow for carriers to sail up it. :D

womble: I feel that using HQs like that is gamey though. It's not something that HQs would actually do. :p

hoikof: Now now, don't get too excited. ;)

Forster: My reinforcements are fine, and I've still got plenty of manpower left. :p

Tribal: Thanks, but I think I may be alright this time. ;)

Jemisi: Well, we'll see. :D

Update tomorrow!

BlitzMartinDK: What? No my casualties are significantly less. Only one tenth, in fact. :p

womble: I feel that using HQs like that is gamey though. It's not something that HQs would actually do. :p

Update tomorrow!

well.. but the area covered by your offense seems to be somewhat less than a tenth of the area in wich those casualities (50 million) was accumulated...:wacko: So these casuality figures indicate rather intense fighting..

About HQ's securing ground -consider it the HQ deciding "there is nobody there" and sending out small scouting parties, like detaching 2 armored cars with an officer and a radio..:)..And if there IS somebody there, the whole HQ gets ambushed, because nobody was thought to be THERE!...:p:rofl: