• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent, Constantinople is once again in the hands of Christendom! :cool: Or is it under the fascist jackboot? Or both? I'm confused. :(

At any event. I can't wait for the next update and see how the brilliant strategists in STAVKA reacts.

Great to see this operation is aiming at even greater destruction of Soviet armies. Ae you planning to land in Northern Romania and cut him off completely (much greater risk but pretty good reward)?

The game is afoot!

3 or 4 Sov units in northern Greece are moving away! :wacko: Every one else moving toward Greece.

You've got the port and radar at Istanbul, port and airfield at Eregli, and cutting infrastructure in Romania. Just don't hit my seaside condos!

Any idea what was up with those 2 disappearing divisions moving toward Istanbul?

Looks like a lot of HQ's behind the Illyrian Wall. Hope you have something left to throw at Dacia.

Looks like everything I could have wanted! This'll be good

That's quite a few Soviet units moving south from Illyria. How thin is their line at this point, and when do you expect to attack it?

loki100: Nope, no sign of the Red Air Force. They're giving me the skies. :p

Enewald: Yeah, the AI is silly like that. ;)

alvaro: Maybe. Problem with that though is that it'd also distract my troops from other objectives. :p

BlitzMartinDK: Psh, the Red Air Force is weak! Or at least, it's scared of me. You can tell they have at least some units in Belgrade, but they're not doing anything. :p

Baltasar: Maybe, though as mentioned it'd also distract forces I might need later on too. :p

cthulhu: Yeah, the brilliance of the brilliant strategists at STAVKA will surely dazzle you all. :D

shepherd352: We'll see. ;)

FrodoB: Oh I've not taken a single unit from the Illyrian line. In fact, as I mentioned in some previous update, it's even stronger than it was a year ago. And I'll try not to hit your seaside condos. ;)

Jemisi: I figured Istanbul needs a buffer defense zone in Anatolia as well, just in case the Soviets tried to come from behind like that. :p

dublish: Well, they may be moving a large number of units southeastward, but remember that their line is almost twice as strong now as it was a year ago due to the perceived need to reinforce that theater to prevent another replay of last year's shenanigans. So they can safely send away as many units as last year to deal with threats to the rear and still have two or three times as much on the Illyrian front to hold the line. :p

A bold plan indeed. Cutting off the Russians from exterior support gives you a nice opportunity to destroy them, or they may take advantage of sonn to be overstretched lines after they call in reinforcements... Looking forward to find out which is true.

This could be the sort of backhand blow that would make von Manstein proud. It all depends on how the Soviets react, of course - what can they do, when will they do it, and how quickly they can manuever. A magnificent use of speed, maritime power and air interdiction - here's hoping you can herd the Soviet buffalo into a stampede in the right direction.

Now it only remains to be seen if you have the power to destroy them if they run.

FrodoB: Oh I've not taken a single unit from the Illyrian line. In fact, as I mentioned in some previous update, it's even stronger than it was a year ago. And I'll try not to hit your seaside condos. ;)

That wasn't my worry.

You hit Athens with 3 divs, Istanbul with 4, and 3 at Eregli. With all the HQs at the Wall, and their associated divisions, I wondered what is left for a further surprise - MUSSOLINI always has a further surprise.;)

Of course, Da Zara trashing the infra negates the need for a landing to block reinforcements through Dacia. (Of course, telling MUSSOLINI that I know what he is or isn't planning is a sure way to push him that way - :D[but then, now that he knows I know...:confused:])
:p

I am really anxious to see how this develops. By now we have tons of Russians running here and there :wacko::D
will Germans do something about it?

Bold moves. I look forward to finding out whether the additions to last year's plan are enough to turn it from locally successful (I mean, it's hard to argue with dozens of divisions destroyed in essentially a supersized raid) into something truly gamechanging.

FlyingDutchie: Indeed, the situation at the moment is pretty balanced. :p

Meastro444: Glad to know you're reading even if you don't post much. :D

Director: Yes, the proof lies in the pudding, as always. We'll see how it goes. ;)

BlitzMartinDK: Well nothing much as it's only a level 5 or so I think. The Soviets captured it before I could max it out, so I built a 10 at Taranto. That one though allows me to see things. In the last screenshots you can see things that I see that without it I wouldn't be able to see. :p

FrodoB: Hmmm, three here four there and another three somewhere else. My, I have a small army don't I! :eek:

Jonny5tyle: Unfortunately not, I didn't think of taking such a screenshot when playing 1944. The Soviets though suffered from a lack of supplies, though pretty variably. Sometimes they had enough, other times they were hurting from a huge dearth. :p

alvaro: Do the Germans do anything about anything? No, they'll probably just fiddle around in Finland some more. :p

Jemisi: Everything about the Germans is false. :p

Stuyvesant: Indeed, indeed. That's the big question. :p

Update tomorrow!

So are your air attacks in Northern Romania exclusively bombing infrastructure or are they also going to be attempting to shatter any divisions that try and pass through?

alvaro: Do the Germans do anything about anything? No, they'll probably just fiddle around in Finland some more. :p

Don't worry and hope for the Luxembourgians to come!! :D