• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Soviet resistance finally seemed to be filling out, as significant reinforcements from the Soviet strategic reserve—that is, the German front

Quite droll indeed, sir. :D

Soviet resistance finally seemed to be filling out, as significant reinforcements from the Soviet strategic reserve—that is, the German front—finally began arriving in strength.

Speaking of the German front... it's 1943, and Germany and the USSR have been duking it out for over two years now. Have they been staring at each other across the Dniepr or something? I'd have expected something big from up that direction by now.

Enewald: I can afford to continue the offensive until I can't move forward any more. My air force isn't doing too much, it's too much of a bother to use it, and the Soviet air force is too frightened of me to do anything either. Last I saw it was before all this started. And the Soviets are beginning to really outnumber me a bit here I think. :p

FrodoB: Well I'd like to get as far as I can, and also destroy as many Soviet divisions as I can. But even then I don't think I'd want to advance further than the Prut. Stop at defensible places and all that, and then consolidate. Ideally. And I think the infantry you see are the latest. Maybe. I don't remember. :p

BlitzMartinDK: Sailing into the fray, yes, without any org! :D

FrodoB: Nah those are the three or four tac bombers I started with. ;)

Ciryandor: Oops again! In my defense I don't reread what write! :D

Nikolai II: Thank you! :D

Germanicus23: I'm not sure if it'd really take away manpower from the front--not my front as least, seeing as it's an active front. :p

dublish: They haven't even reached the rivers! Well, they hold one bank of the Daugava for a bit, but otherwise they're just chilling in east Poland. :p

Jemisi: I checked, and they're on the defensive! :p

BlitzMartinDK: Rather, all real tanks, real soldiers and real sitting around in the same hole for two years being bored, but not shelled! It's like the Western Front of WW1 without the casualties. :p

Btw, do you have any spies working against the soviets?
Like army espionage, production hindering, disrupting national unity?

Or is every Italian male sent into the meat-grinder ;):rolleyes:?

BlitzMartinDK: Sailing into the fray, yes, without any org! :D

BlitzMartinDK: Rather, all real tanks, real soldiers and real sitting around in the same hole for two years being bored, but not shelled! It's like the Western Front of WW1 without the casualties. :p

Don't they get org. back while they are sitting in the homeland? -Or do they loose it all upon being landed in a port?:rolleyes:

I was referring to the few monts at the start of the war (Real Life-), were nothing happened on the west front! -The french staying in the Maginot line, and the germans having "only cardboard tanks"...

Don't they get org. back while they are sitting in the homeland? -Or do they loose it all upon being landed in a port?:rolleyes:

I was referring to the few monts at the start of the war (Real Life-), were nothing happened on the west front! -The french staying in the Maginot line, and the germans having "only cardboard tanks"...

They slowly gain organisation, when they're deployed, they have next to no organisation. And it takes a while to reach 100%. Since each update myth does is, like 2+ days, it may be a while till they see action.

Enewald: Espionage is totally not worth the effort. :p

BlitzMartinDK: Yeah I know. :p

IFD123: Hey every update I do is 2+ weeks not days. But yeah it'll be a while anyway. :p

womble: Indeed. :p

Update tonight hopefully! Though I'll be helping my dad install some double doors here so we'll see. Regardless, next update after presumed tonight will be Thursday, since I'll finally be flying back to England on Tuesday (and arriving Wednesday).

Espionage does seem very expensive the more I play this game.

Well, if you play Ger 36, focus heavily on espionage, you might get USA into axis by 38. And that is worth it. :p

later it is not so useful, expect if you want to disrupt enemy unity. Which is always good when fighting Soviets so you don't have to conquer all the way to Vladivostok.

Well, You DO have to invest in counter-espionage at home, especially if you are playing a country with a high threat... Everybody and their aunts will try to spy on you :D -or did they correct that in 1.4?

About the German Situation : Have you tried to send a small force -an "expeditionary force" - to germany, and START an offence? -maybe the germans would support your attack? -Maybe that could change the stance of the german eastern command? -because I'll bet, that is what is wrong...

Starfury: No, I've never heard that. I like it. :D

Jemisi: Especially for non-majors. :p

Enewald: Yeah, disrupting their national unity would be good at some later point, but not when I'm fighting over Italian territory. ;)

BlitzMartinDK: Yeah I loaded up as Germany and they're all sat there on defensive like the refuse buckets they are. I think what I need is an even bigger distraction! :D

So obviously there was no update yesterday. I forgot that my grandmother was dropping by, as yesterday would've been her last chance to see me until maybe this autumn (as it looks like I'll be spending my summer in London). I spent eight hours outside yesterday, including time at the dump, playing basketball, talking with my grandmother and putting that damn door in. But, update tonight I think! :p

So obviously there was no update yesterday. I forgot that my grandmother was dropping by, as yesterday would've been her last chance to see me until maybe this autumn (as it looks like I'll be spending my summer in London). I spent eight hours outside yesterday, including time at the dump, playing basketball, talking with my grandmother and putting that damn door in. But, update tonight I think! :p

Priorities, Please!!!:rolleyes:

The only good thing about your current lack of output [:p] is that some of the other writAARs [cough]lordban[/cough] may have the time to update their own AARticles.;)

FrodoB: Much like war, the relationship between AAR writing and AAR reading is not linear. :p

BlitzMartinDK: Dunno. :p

Forster: Don't make me go over there and smack you! :p

Update coming up!