• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes that's one possible (and most likely use) however, I knew he had no or extremely little armor research done and after all these years I'm sure any points he may have had for research/production are long drained away, so they'd be pretty expensive to gear up for. However anything he's done with is infantry would cross over to the para's, though not having them researched (triggered) is a problem, between research and training them, it would take him a year and that's not useful for now. :/ I hope his lack of development and flexibility for his ground forces isn't coming to haunt him now, time will tell. Though it sounds like any new troops of what he can train is several months away. :/

Shadow

In this case, inflexibility would be the more appropriate word. I am sure he could shift some research into arty and armor, he also ought to be able to license some. The longer he waits, the worse it will get. He needs to beef up his land force with more than infantry. He should start now, eventually he'll get some benefit from it. Same with air techs. He will end up with this wonderful fleet, but with nothing useful for it to do other than support pin pricks against the big boys, because his army can't stand toe to toe against them.

I'm thinking Il Duce promised vino and pasta for those rebels...how else could they be convinced to run rampant against the Soviet hordes? Good work so far, now to see if this front can be pushed even more in the Italian's favor. Haven't seen any updates from the far south...what is going on in Africa?

Not just Ireland :p

End: Bring a stop to airline traffic troubles.

Method: Make airline traffic irrelevant.

Means: Highly explosive :D

Myth certainly lacks some specialized weapons for land warfare. However I would remind you this did not stop him achieving multiple breakthroughs and several small encirclements. This was achieved via his indirect approach, and made possible by his mastery over the sea.

(And the Royal Navy content to stay bottled in its port, but that's another story :p )

ups, wrong thread....

still loving the AAR, and waiting to see what happens next.

Krogzar

If you want something for your navy to do, listen to this idea:
Try taking 4-6 brigades to land in Turkey, so you can take control of the Bosphorus, quickly move in the fleet, smash their black sea fleet, then bail.

Of course, you run the risk of having a large portion of your navy trapped in the black sea, and you might not be able to spare that many Brigades.

Just keep up the good work.

FrodoB: If I want Iceland, I'll need the British Isles first. :p

Lordban: Iceland is harboring the volcanoes! :mad:

jurslla: Scandinavia is being slowly overrun by the Germans. The Eastern Front hasn't moved in two years. Turkey is hard to invade from the sea and the west as its two ports are in the north, and I don't know what that would accomplish anyway. :p

Baltasar: Nahh they don't have that many nukes. :p

womble: If the lines are left unattended though, retreating enemies tend to overrun them. :p

SFCShadow: Indeed, my armor research is buggered. :p

FrodoB: They'd never make it. Or if they did they'd get cut off and killed. :p

Forster: Screw air. It's honestly far more trouble than it's worth to use. It's bad enough with CAGs, throwing in a real air force on top of that would be absolutely horrific. As for armor, I seem to be doing fairly well without it. ;)

Jorath13: Hey the rebels were a surprise for me. As for Africa, there's a bit going on down there and some theater-significant victories, but that can all be covered in one update later. :p

Jemisi: Who cares about traffic availability? I just want them to suffer for the outrages they're committing against the rest of the world. :p

Lordban: So basically all my successes are due to the incompetency of the AI! :p

teamgene: Yep! :p

Juan_de_Marco: Yeah to the north pole! :p

Krogzar: Yeah, the next bit is always interesting. ;)

LOLKATS: I already destroyed the Black Sea Fleet two years ago. :p

Right, so I still have no idea whether or not I'll by flying tonight but signs are beginning to point toward 'no', which isn't good. It means I'll be missing my first exam on Tuesday, which is awful as the British suck and I'll only be able to sit the exam in August.

So maybe an update tonight or tomorrow if I can be motivated enough. :p

Oh yeah, kinda forgot you already destroyed that fleet.

Well, I'm fresh out of ideas...Invade Argentina?

I must say it's not a surprise to see Italian successes. AI often falls into a crisis when it has to handle two different fronts. If you can defend your northern front, you can successfully encircle and destroy lots of Red Army divisions in Greece and southern Yugoslavia.

Keep doing this excellent work! :D

Fly to Algiers and enter Britain from the south! I'm sure the ash clouds won't affect that flight.

Could it be possible to invade the British Isles? When I play, they seem to always be lightly defended and if annexed, couldn't that bring your victory points up enough that you could still keep going, even if the soviets take most of mainland Italy?

Right, so I still have no idea whether or not I'll by flying tonight but signs are beginning to point toward 'no', which isn't good. It means I'll be missing my first exam on Tuesday, which is awful as the British suck and I'll only be able to sit the exam in August.

So maybe an update tonight or tomorrow if I can be motivated enough. :p

Hey, the Italian navy isn't doing anything right now!:D
There are always ships, but don't know if they would get there that fast. ColossusCrusher's suggestion of flying into Morrocco might be best. Then you could get on a hight speed ferry to France, train into merry old England.
Man, I miss those days of jaunting around the continent.:eek:

LOLKATS: Why? :p

Gladiator: I'll definitely be trying to! :cool:

Ahura Mazda: Invade Iran, how? Massive amphibious invasion? :p

ColossusCrusher: The flight no, not yet. But travelling by land would be impossible, and take too long anyway so I'd be missing my exam regardless. Ferries all booked up, trains are full with thousands and tens of thousands of passengers. There's no way. :p

IFD123: At the beginning of the year I did send Campioni's fleet to the southern coast of England, and the stacks there were not the prettiest things in the world. :p

Forster: As I said to CC, it's not likely to work out. :p

Okay so I totally didn't write an update today, far too bummed out and tired. But I'll definitely try to have one written for tomorrow evening! Don't want my fans to suffer too much. ;)

Considering the bad luck you've been having invading the UK in real life perhaps invading in the game wouldn't be a good idea. On the up side we're all frantically collecting the volcanic ash so we can use it as grit next winter :D

Jemisi: Ah well what can you do. The actions you can take against a volcano are somewhat limited. :p

Ahriman: Hey I did a good job of invading Britain in my first Italy AAR, in HoI2! ;)

Okay, so I've got a new ticket for the 27th/28th of April. Hopefully things will have settled down by then. And I'll have an update for tonight! Yay! :D