• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about to post just a link instead?

I did know there were a lot of provinces but this much....:eek:

What? You had access to the beta!

Of course but I didn't see it as a big rasterized map. Just the map you see in game, provinces dissapear when you zoom out.

Invading Soviet Russia is going to be a real challange!

I am going to have nightmares before I get my copy of HoI III tomorrow.

Canada rules! :D

I surprised we are actually getting our copy early!

I am not looking forward to invading Russia. Not at all...

Speaking of Canada, I find it weird they went the non-province line way on the map. they did so in HoI2 and victoria. For me being Canadian it just majes the map weirder to look at that's all. Could be the same for americans, where the states aren't clearly divided either. Anyways, not a complaint just an observation.

Speaking of Canada, I find it weird they went the non-province line way on the map. they did so in HoI2 and victoria. For me being Canadian it just majes the map weirder to look at that's all. Could be the same for americans, where the states aren't clearly divided either. Anyways, not a complaint just an observation.
You'll get a chuckle out of some of the province names too. I'm actually flattered that they used the name of my town! ;)

I've noticed that too looking at the map. In HoI2 there was a definite Alberta (Edmonton, Calgary, Fort McMurray, and Lethbridge if I recall correctly... Maybe I forgot Leduc as well?), and it formed the actual shape of Alberta. Same with just about every Canadian province and territory as well as each of the 48 states of the USA.

However it looks like in HoI3 (at least with Alberta) it looks like Fort McMurray, a central region (Edmonton) that crosses into British Columbia and Saskatchewan, a foothills region (Calgary) that also crosses into British Columbia, and a few other regions that are shared between British Columbia and Saskatchewan.

Why go this route?

Invading Soviet Russia is going to be a real challange!
I managed to annex Soviet with Germany on HoI2, got some help from Japan. I took some years in the game and after I had annexed Soviet, I had a terrible ineffective transport capasity, so I stopped playing on the save. On the same save i also nuked around 15 provinces in USA, and also had to nuke 3 provinces in Soviet (Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad).