+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paintable map for HoI3

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Paintable maps for HoI3

Blank Map

1939 Map
    Last edited by CanOmer; 28-09-2010 at 23:37.

Cities in MotionDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars

How about to post just a link instead?
    GORDONCZ WORKS presents:

FINEST HOUR

Finest Hour is a large-scale mod created for Hearts of Iron 3. The main goal of this mod is to convert the game into a more authentic simulation of the World War 2 era. With its focus on accuracy, immersion and plausibility, Finest Hour will let you relive the history and change the future as you will lead your nation through the greatest conflict ever seen.
    • Entirely new map of the world
    • New graphical look of the interface
    • Completely reworked events and decisions
    go to websites / discuss on forum

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by GCZ View Post
    How about to post just a link instead?
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6651/rneka.png
    The birds have vanished into the sky, and now the last cloud drains away.

We sit together, the mountain and I, until only the mountain remains.

Cities in MotionDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars

Heh, I meant it for the first post... Thanks anyway.
    GORDONCZ WORKS presents:

FINEST HOUR

Finest Hour is a large-scale mod created for Hearts of Iron 3. The main goal of this mod is to convert the game into a more authentic simulation of the World War 2 era. With its focus on accuracy, immersion and plausibility, Finest Hour will let you relive the history and change the future as you will lead your nation through the greatest conflict ever seen.
    • Entirely new map of the world
    • New graphical look of the interface
    • Completely reworked events and decisions
    go to websites / discuss on forum

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Where did you have this map?

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Circle View Post
    Where did you have this map?
    I take the provinces.bmp and turn into this form using Photoshop.

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    I did know there were a lot of provinces but this much....

'Any system which aims at taking freedom by open force to other peoples will only make that freedom hated and prevent its triumph. '
    - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton Mosby View Post
    I did know there were a lot of provinces but this much....
    What? You had access to the beta!

Quote Originally Posted by vertinox View Post
    Edit: Nothing...
    Last edited by Winter War; 05-08-2009 at 00:52.

wa wa we wa

this is insane

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by vertinox View Post
    Of course but I didn't see it as a big rasterized map. Just the map you see in game, provinces dissapear when you zoom out.

So, first one to conquer russia wins an egg.

Blog Entries
    Added to the first post:

1939 Map

Hearts of Iron III

the map is so fucking huge it really is
    "It is clear that war is not a mere act of policy but a true political instrument, a continuation of political activity by other means" - Karl von Clausewitz

Invading Soviet Russia is going to be a real challange!

Defender of Democracy {LD}Firestorm's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by vox stellarum View Post
    I am going to have nightmares before I get my copy of HoI III tomorrow.

Canada rules!

I surprised we are actually getting our copy early!

I am not looking forward to invading Russia. Not at all...
    Democracy's Last Legs - USA / UK DAIM After-action report - Finished
    Democracy's Last Legs: Part II - USA After-action report - In progress - Last Updated (August-22-2010)
    Holdsteady suspense award:
    Lord Strange Cookie of British Excellence:
    Jambor Cookie of Gameplay Awesomeness:
    Hatuke-The "Impossible Overlord success" cookie:
    01/02/2009 Weekly AAR Showcase Winner
    Winner of the Q1 and Q4 2009 ACA 'Favorite HoI Narrative' award.
    And a link to 1964, a mod in development based off of Democracy's Last Legs! Open Alpha v1.2.0 is ready to download! As is v1.1.1 patch

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Speaking of Canada, I find it weird they went the non-province line way on the map. they did so in HoI2 and victoria. For me being Canadian it just majes the map weirder to look at that's all. Could be the same for americans, where the states aren't clearly divided either. Anyways, not a complaint just an observation.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Elecwaves View Post
    Speaking of Canada, I find it weird they went the non-province line way on the map. they did so in HoI2 and victoria. For me being Canadian it just majes the map weirder to look at that's all. Could be the same for americans, where the states aren't clearly divided either. Anyways, not a complaint just an observation.
    You'll get a chuckle out of some of the province names too. I'm actually flattered that they used the name of my town!
    If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
    - anonymous Master Corporal

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I've noticed that too looking at the map. In HoI2 there was a definite Alberta (Edmonton, Calgary, Fort McMurray, and Lethbridge if I recall correctly... Maybe I forgot Leduc as well?), and it formed the actual shape of Alberta. Same with just about every Canadian province and territory as well as each of the 48 states of the USA.

However it looks like in HoI3 (at least with Alberta) it looks like Fort McMurray, a central region (Edmonton) that crosses into British Columbia and Saskatchewan, a foothills region (Calgary) that also crosses into British Columbia, and a few other regions that are shared between British Columbia and Saskatchewan.

Why go this route?

Quote Originally Posted by vox stellarum View Post
    I managed to annex Soviet with Germany on HoI2, got some help from Japan. I took some years in the game and after I had annexed Soviet, I had a terrible ineffective transport capasity, so I stopped playing on the save. On the same save i also nuked around 15 provinces in USA, and also had to nuke 3 provinces in Soviet (Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast