• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Atruejedi

General
98 Badges
Jun 24, 2003
  • War of the Roses
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Lead and Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III

SMEP 6.0 for Armageddon
Download HERE

IMPORTANT: For best results, type "event 70000" (that's seventy-thousand) from the console at the VERY BEGINNING OF YOUR GAME WITH ANY OF THE SCENARIOS. Then unpause and let SMEP do it's thing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wondering how to install?

(A) Either unzip the files right over your Armageddon main folder (example: C:\Games\AoD)
(B) Use the Generic Mod Enabler v2.1.0.107 to enable SMEP, available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml

What is SMEP?​

Great question. I'm not so good at writing about what SMEP is, so I'd love it if YOU, loyal minions, have any words you'd like to share. In the meantime, let me TRY to give you a description...

SMEP leaves the core gameplay of Hearts of Iron II intact. I was very satisfied with how the game plays. However, some things were not up to snuff. These are the things SMEP attempts to address. Here are some examples...

SMEP has many peace treaty events. Infact, SMEP's work was so stable and impressive that it was included (with typos) in later Hearts of Iron II patches (see "Faith of China", which I meant to type as "Fate of China"). Treaties include...

Soviet-Japanese War
Sino-Japanese War
Russian Civil War
Russo-German War
German-American War
Japanese-American War
Franco-German War
Romano-Hungarian War (included in later HOI patches)
Romano-Bulgarian War
...and more!

Other noteworthy event chains include...

Partition of Yugoslavia
Partition of Greece
Post-War Eastern Front events
Post-War Western Front events

And perhaps my favorite... SMEP includes what I call "capital capture" events to make the Allies and Soviets war against the Nazis competitive! Americans in Budapest? Ally Hungary after the war! Soviets in Denmark? Set up a puppet regime in Copenhagen! This creates a very worthwhile experience; you are rewarded for your actions!

SMEP now includes the Consolidated China Improvement Pack, which is altered to fit SMEP's needs and goals. Thank you to the team!

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
So it's not compatible with DAIM yet? :( Some of the stuff looks really good, like army reductions.

I have not tested it with DAIM yet, but I'm sure it'll conflict somehow because we both use events.

Many of the army reductions are disabled because of flaws in the engine that cause crashes. I've kept a few up, namely the Soviet one because it seems stable and is necessary for the Russian Civil War.

Why is "event 70000" important? :confused:

Event 70000 is a welcome event that sleeps nearly everything from vanilla immediately, meaning vanilla will not have any effect on your gameplay (which is a good thing). Namely, it sleeps AI events and minister events that interfere with SMEP.

I've already started to play.
Two things:

1st: Is it intended that Egypt only gets Cairo when released as a puppet?
2nd: The Intelligence is ... whacko ... :wacko: no day passes without disrupting of production or a smear campaign.

But I like what I've seen so far.
Thank you! :)

Two things:

Yes. Egypt's territory will be restored post-war.

2nd: The Intelligence is ... whacko ... :wacko: no day passes without disrupting of production or a smear campaign.

Believe it or not, this is vanilla's doing, not SMEP! :( Hopefully the next patch release will fix this. SMEP's only change with intelligence is to make coups too expensive to even attempt since they were ruining games.

No, thank YOU! :)

Atruejedi ,I want to mention something about partition of greece..for example, UK sent few divisions to greece to help against italians(happened in my game) and then germany came through yugoslavia and pushes the british beyond athens and annexes Greece..but with annexation at least one province below athens remains in the hands of the British..and this causes partition event to not to work because its trigger requires all greek provinces to be held by germany..so, Italians never get their lands in greece..

Thank you very much Atruejedi..I think that having seen HOI3 demo, I will be playing your beautiful mod for much more time..

Thank you :)

Atruejedi ,I want to mention something about partition of greece..for example, UK sent few divisions to greece to help against italians(happened in my game) and then germany came through yugoslavia and pushes the british beyond athens and annexes Greece..but with annexation at least one province below athens remains in the hands of the British..and this causes partition event to not to work because its trigger requires all greek provinces to be held by germany..so, Italians never get their lands in greece..

I fixed this in 6.0. Now Petras has a victory point, so the Axis must go further south than Athens.

There are three unresolved tag issues in SMEP vs. Cold War Tech tree mod
U03 Dutch East Indies
U14 Bohemia Moravia
U15 Communist Japan.
Here is my recommendation:
1) I will add the New Nations version of Bohemia-Moravia (THEIR ministers but my or your generic leaders) for U14.
2) We can agree to disagree on Communist Japan. I'm holding out for using the UPS tag. Why? I think there would be a much greater number of officers willing to serve with the Soviets than is generally imagined and using the UPS tag enables BOTH renditions of Japan to have about 280 leaders each.
I'll simply instruct my users who want to use the tech tree and added nations with SMEP to replace all file references to U15 with UPS and install my UPS-Japan support files.
3)Dutch East Indies is a complicated matter. I already have THREE other states with claims on some Indonesian land--Papua-New Guinea, United Melanesia and West Papua. And the likely ministers are in the West Papua file (historically the Dutch wanted to create West Papua in 1961 but Kennedy talked them out of it). My recommendation is this--I can add claims to Western Indonesia to West Papua--this, under a different name would be the same as Dutch East Indies. I'd request a tag change in your events U03 --> U25. We can agree to disagree on what tag U25 should be named and the flag. Only West Papua will have claims on Western Indonesia--Papua-New Guinea and United Melanesia will not.
This would save the U03 and U15 tags.

Last edited:
When version 0.29 comes out (Cold War Tech Tree) you will. The procedure will be:
1) Install Arma 1.3 beta 2
2) Install SMEP
3) Overwrite with Cold War tech tree
4) Change (with text editor) the following tag references in SMEP events
U03-->U25
U15-->UPS
(I'll add extra 1938, 1939, 1941 and 1944 panels)
Use one of the extra panels.
You can then run the 36-44 scenarios with either SMEP or CWTTE controlling events depending on the panel selected.
You'll also have to execute "event 70000" from the console if you're running SMEP.

Don't play with the acceptall or freedom cheats on. It really screws things up.

Two things:

Could event 70000 not be fired at the start of each game automatically?

I'll have a look later!

(As an aside, I agree about HoI3 at the moment - Not very impressed yet!)

Could event 70000 not be fired at the start of each game automatically?

I'll have a look later!

(As an aside, I agree about HoI3 at the moment - Not very impressed yet!)

I have tried and I can't figure it out. That would make life much easier!

It fires automatically everytime I play..I think it is just a measure..

It WILL fire after the first day concludes if you don't manually fire it... but by then stupid vanilla AI events have already fired! Grrrr. So I suggest firing it manually immediately, before you even unpause :)

thevaliant, by the way, I seem to have forgot you in the readme! I think you were in there at one point but I'm really bad at logging changes and that stuff... :( I'm sorry! Anything you'd like to say in it? And any updates? Thank you again for your services! :)

The events are alive and well in their own text files. I haven't made any changes.

My favorite things about SMEP are the surrender events with territory being allocated logically and the end of WWII events where who puppets who etc. is determined by who took the capitals etc. Not being locked into a Yalta-type arrangement when I as the UK took Berlin AND Warsaw is cool.:D

I will definitely try 6.0 once done with my current game.